It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Charged With First Degree Murder Of Fetus In California

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: visitedbythem

The court will probably pass ... Based on precedent.

Don't you think? What kind of place is Kings County?

I live in Hanford. Trust me, they will prosecute her.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Viability was the change brought to Roe v. Wade after the Casey decision in ‘92.

Viability is whenever the fetus can survive outside the mother’s body.

Currently that seems to be on average between gestational weeks 24–26.

After the point of viability, Roe/Casey basically says that there must be a compelling reason for an abortion, to save the life of the mother.

For me? Were I able to be pregnant, my choice would be to have the baby if I could unless it was cripplingly deformed.

If I had to choose between my spouse and a baby, I’d choose my spouse every time.

I cannot make any of those choices for another person and I cannot deny her the right to her own body. If we err it has to be on the side of the mother.

I look forward to advances in technology that will make all these questions moot.

I was just wondering as someone who is pro-choice, was born at 25 weeks and am appalled at the recent push for late term abortions and partial-birth abortions.

I know the Roe V Wade decision.

The Roe/Casey decision seems to be trampled on the last 10 years or so... the reason being "for the mother's health" now being interpreted as "mental health" which now includes economic hardship.

And so many people out there now desperate to adopt.

I think it needs looked at and revamped.

Entirely.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

As far as I have been able to find, an abortion after wk 26 is very, very rare. As far as I know there is one clinic in the country that would still perform very late (what we used to call 3rd trimester) procedures.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

As far as I have been able to find, an abortion after wk 26 is very, very rare. As far as I know there is one clinic in the country that would still perform very late (what we used to call 3rd trimester) procedures.

The push by Democrats recently (New York, Illinois) to overturn the ban on partial birth abortions bothers me.

Is it a trend now?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Partial birth abortions have been illegal in the USA since 2003. Unless, of course, the life of the mother is at risk.

The law includes an exception if there is a risk to a woman's life, but not a broader exception if a doctor decides that there is a risk to a patient's health. A violation is a felony punished with up to two years in jail and fines up to $250,000.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 7-11-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

God I wish people would sit down and actually read the danged laws more and the prolife hype less!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Considering how the baby died She definitely Should Be held Responsible and Charged!! NitWit!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Partial birth abortions have been illegal in the USA since 2003. Unless, of course, the life of the mother is at risk.

The law includes an exception if there is a risk to a woman's life, but not a broader exception if a doctor decides that there is a risk to a patient's health. A violation is a felony punished with up to two years in jail and fines up to $250,000.

www.nytimes.com...

I'm quite aware of that.

I guess you missed the current New York and Illinois push to repeal that law?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Citation please.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Citation please.

I'm assuming that was just a sarcastic post.

Or are you so in your own echo chamber that you have missed all of this the last year?

~sigh~

Let me spoon-feed you then...

Illinios House Repeals partial-birth abortion ban

In Addition to New York, 7 Other States Allow Abortion Up to Birth

New York's Reproductive Health Act

U.S. Court in New York Rejects Partial-Birth Abortion Ban

I know that CNN didn't really cover it, but a simple google search is beyond you?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Libtards....illogical and inconsistent as ever....their ONLY concern is to LOUDLY proclaim their (false) moral superiority, not actuals morals or anything actually requiring work or effort....epic Narcissists...

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I raised a child that was born prematurely at 24 weeks. She was sent home after 3 months in the hospital to die. She was sent home on a Friday and I was told she would not be alive by Monday.

I am happy and proud to say that that child graduated High School with honors, was offered a audition for admittance to Julliard, and is presently studying to be a Veterinarian.

I will admit that it took a lot of care, and I had the help of three other family members that were also nurses, so I had a lot of knowledgeable and skilled help. It was touch and go for the first three or four months, but she is still our little miracle.
edit on 7-11-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

So, you would prefer that doctors sit on their butts when pregnancy goes south and just wait till the women is at deaths doorstep before they intervene and terminate the pregnancy?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I raised a child that was born prematurely at 24 weeks. She was sent home after 3 months in the hospital to die. She was sent home on a Friday and I was told she would not be alive by Monday.

I am happy and proud to say that that child graduated High School with honors, was offered a audition for admittance to Julliard, and is presently studying to be a Veterinarian.

I will admit that it took a lot of care, and I had the help of three other family members that were also nurses, so I had a lot of knowledgeable and skilled help. It was touch and go for the first three or four months, but she is still our little miracle.

I was essentially in the same boat, in the 1960's medical age.

I'm quite happy that my parents and grandparents did not take the Doctor's advice.

I have 5 wonderful children and 13 grandchildren that would not be here if they just let me die.

For the record, pretty happy to be alive as well.

A Bravo for you!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

So, you would prefer that doctors sit on their butts when pregnancy goes south and just wait till the women is at deaths doorstep before they intervene and terminate the pregnancy?

I read your post.

Then I read it again.

You went so far off the actual topic that you're in Narnai.

We were talking about viable births.

/facepalm

edit on 7-11-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

No, not really.

Pro-abortion advocates conflate drug-addled pregnant mothers with mothers with preeclampsia.

I said people would defend and justify the OP's topic mother, and I was right.

Sadly.

I was right.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Viability was the change brought to Roe v. Wade after the Casey decision in ‘92.

Viability is whenever the fetus can survive outside the mother’s body.

Currently that seems to be on average between gestational weeks 24–26.

After the point of viability, Roe/Casey basically says that there must be a compelling reason for an abortion, to save the life of the mother.

For me? Were I able to be pregnant, my choice would be to have the baby if I could unless it was cripplingly deformed.

If I had to choose between my spouse and a baby, I’d choose my spouse every time.

I cannot make any of those choices for another person and I cannot deny her the right to her own body. If we err it has to be on the side of the mother.

I look forward to advances in technology that will make all these questions moot.

I was just wondering as someone who is pro-choice, was born at 25 weeks and am appalled at the recent push for late term abortions and partial-birth abortions.

I know the Roe V Wade decision.

The Roe/Casey decision seems to be trampled on the last 10 years or so... the reason being "for the mother's health" now being interpreted as "mental health" which now includes economic hardship.

And so many people out there now desperate to adopt.

I think it needs looked at and revamped.

Entirely.

That's the lefts track record. Give them an inch. and they take a mile

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

The inconsistency of logic makes my brain hurt.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I'm assuming that was just a sarcastic post.

Not at all. I want to know what I'm dealing with.

SO, here:

SB 25 Illinois Reproductive Health Act

Repeal the Illinois Abortion Law of 1975 and the long-blocked Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act. The Illinois Abortion Law of 1975 establishes criminal penalties for performing an abortion and fails to recognize many of the advances in healthcare. The Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act and many of the provisions of the Abortion Law of 1975 have been enjoined by courts and are unenforceable, but they have not been repealed. The bill repeals both laws and replaces with the Illinois Reproductive Health Act. These changes take regulation of abortion out of the criminal code and affirms that abortion care is health care, not criminal activity.

Okay. That's real.

However, it doesn't repeal this.

S.3 - Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003 www.congress.gov...

Now this one:

New York's Reproductive Health Act

Judge Casey determined that the Supreme Court required, in a decision four years ago, that any law limiting abortion must have a clause permitting doctors to use a banned procedure if they determine that the risk to a woman's health would be greater without it.

That doesn't repeal the partial birth abortion ban. It allows an exception to save the life of the mother. Like I said earlier.

I'm not going to get into your "abortion up to birth" squawk. You obviously think women and their doctors are relishing over the thought of 11th hour abortions for healthy women who are carrying healthy and viable fetuses. I'm not going to divulge your fantasies.

Bottom line. Partial birth abortions, unless the life of the mother is at risk, are illegal in the USA, and have been since 2003.

edit on 7-11-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

You listed a link.. US Federal Court in NY rejects partial birth ban... did you not? Did you read the article? I couldn't read all of it without registering, but the court rejected it because it didnt have an exception for the mother's health.
I just assumed that you would prefer that the doctors sit on their butts and watch as the crisis pregnancy deteriorates to the point where her life is in imminent danger before terminating.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join