It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Charged With First Degree Murder Of Fetus In California

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here is the article

California Woman Charged With Murder Of Fetus

With abortion being legal there it seems 1st degree murder is a very hypocritical charge, criminal negligence causing death seems more appropriate.
She was taking drugs and this was massive negligence on her part for sure, and she should be charged with something, but if she is being charged with 1st degree murder, I would argue every abortion of healthy babies should have the same charge.

Have fun discussing this one, as it defies logical justice, and it makes both pro-choice and pro-life people mad either way.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Apparently the mother decided her lump of cells was a human life....

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Well, if anything, she should have been sterilized, after giving birth to three children with meth in their system. She cared more about her "high" than the health and well being of her babies. I say lock her up!
Becker's aunt said the 25-year-old's three other children were born with meth in their system.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

It wasn't a lump of cells.

Becker was about eight and a half months pregnant when she experienced a stillbirth

+26 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

This.

Here in clown world, things are not as they seem. Men are women. Babies aren’t alive. Successful people are oppressed. Poor people are privileged. Racism is bad, unless it’s anti-white. Then it’s not racism, it’s fighting against oppression. War is bad, until we pull out of it. Then, war is good and we should get back into it. Speech is violence. Drugs are good. Police are bad. Obesity is healthy. Criminals are saints and martyrs. The constitution is a worthless relic of slavery, until it fits an agenda. Then, it’s the most important document of all time and needs to be fiercely defended.

Here in clown world, we don’t have to worry about silly little things like logic and reason. No, we have feelings to trump all of those trivial matters.

This is why abortions are legal and killing a baby in the womb is first degree murder.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

every abortion of healthy babies

Just that alone sounds/reads and honestly wrong to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

It wasn't a lump of cells.

Becker was about eight and a half months pregnant when she experienced a stillbirth

Oddly enough there are states where that doesn't matter..

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Well, if anything, she should have been sterilized, after giving birth to three children with meth in their system. She cared more about her "high" than the health and well being of her babies. I say lock her up!
Becker's aunt said the 25-year-old's three other children were born with meth in their system.

Should be sterilized? Next will you be advocating of the termination of the infirm, the elderly and morons, shades of Nazi Germany

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

California courts won't prosecute this case. IMHO

From your source:

Paltrow said that the California courts have previously rejected the interpretation of the law to prosecute pregnant women, pointing to two unrelated cases in 1992. That year, Roseann Mercedes Jaurigue was charged with murder over her stillbirth after prosecutors found that she had substance abuse issues.

Separately, Lynda Leigh Jones gave birth when she was 7 and a half months pregnant; the district attorney charged her months later for murder, claiming the death of her baby "was due to a premature birth induced by the alleged ingestion of Methamphetamine."

In both cases, the court dismissed the charges.

edit on 7-11-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Well...I don’t know how I feel about this.
Not good that’s for sure.

Of course I have no idea what the future could of held for the child,
but this COULD had been the best possible outcome.
considering she previously had 3 drug addicted children.
So she clearly wasn’t changing her ways anytime soon.

Trailer trash woman either way.
I don’t agree with the murder charge, but at the same time, already birthing 3 children addicted to meth.
She is a prime candidate for sterilization.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Or not, as she continued to shoot up meth while the baby was developing. She wasn't considering her unborn child much at all, I think..

But this does open a can of worms... how can it be murder, if abortion advocates think it's not life till it's born. It's not like the baby survived birth, and subsequently died from complications - it was still born. So..

A father wants his baby born, the mother doesn't and aborts the unborn foetus. Abortion advocates claim it's a beautiful thing and a woman's right.
A mother, through her own fault, causes the unborn foetus to be still born. It's 1'st degree murder...

She's not fit to be a mother, at this stage in her life, sure. But the hypocrisy is palpable...

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
OP is more than a bit misleading in my opinion.

Facts:

She was 8.5 months pregnant ... the fetus was viable.

She has been charged not convicted.

And the court will likely dismiss the charges.

Voluntary manslaughter at the very least; the fetus was viable.
edit on 7-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

A 8.5 month fetus is viable under Roe v. Wade.

An abortion would only happen under critical medical need in consultation with a physician at this point.

She killed her fetus.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

It's legal to kill unborn babies.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Yeah, but.. so far there isn't a law against being a rubbish parent.

There should be, or at least mandatory training. Like boot camp before babies, or something. And unless there are retrospective laws that take into account that people have used something in the past, the only other thing would be that it is first degree murder, and therefore people cannot have it both ways. That says that abortion is also murder.

"Oh that mother was so insensitive, she made the decision to take meth and her baby died. Lock her up!!"
"Oh that mother was so brave, she made the decision to abort her pregnancy. Put her on Who Weekly!!"

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's legal to kill unborn babies.

No, it isn’t; as this case shows.

If one believes that conception is the beginning of personhood then they should not have an abortion.

For those that don’t believe that, until the fetus is viable, the only rational way to legislate is to have the choice remain with the pregnant lady. It’s no one else’s business.

After viability, it is a different matter. I’m not sure there’s any better legislation possible.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well, as long as there is a precedent then. I mean, potayto potahto...

I've probably entered into a topic I should not have... I don't see a difference.

annnnd /fin.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Well, as long as there is a precedent then. I mean, potayto potahto...

I've probably entered into a topic I should not have... I don't see a difference.

annnnd /fin.

There are many who agree with you and many who don’t.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

People will defend it, she'll get off with a fine.

Human life is a nothing-burger.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

People will defend it, she'll get off with a fine.

Human life is a nothing-burger.

I do not agree with that if it happens.

She killed the fetus.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join