It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s son-in-law’s loose lips led to Khashoggi slaying

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
ahvalnews.com...

Above link leads to article about how Erdogan has a recording of Kushner 'giving permission' to Saudis to arrest Khashoggi.
edit on 7-11-2019 by briantaylor because: Link not working, trying to fix

edit on 7-11-2019 by briantaylor because: Link not working, trying to fix again

Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu Nov 7 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: briantaylor
Kushner gave permission to the saudis to arrest on of their citizens?
also the link is not really a link to said statement....

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

How would Erdogan have a recording of a communication between someone from the US and Saudi Arabia? The smell test kind of makes me wounder if Turkey has that capability.

Also, "permission" is kind of an odd choice of words without context. Why would they need someone's permission, and why Kushner of all people? Like, he told them we wouldn't do anything if they arrested the dude? Because, I think after 9/11, they're confident we're not really the type to punish them for cookie jars they had their hand in.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Source...."has disclosed rumors"

Mmmkay..this is a conspiracy site after all.

I never got the Saudi thing. We could take 10 Seals and overrun the place. Lets face it...them and the UAE are pussies paying protection to the highest bidder.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

How would Erdogan have a recording of a communication between someone from the US and Saudi Arabia?

Jamal Khashoggi was abducted and murdered at the Saudi Embassy in Turkey. It was reported at the time his murder was made public that Turkey monitors the embassy and their calls, and actually has a recording of the murder on tape!

The soundtrack to Jamal Khashoggi’s beating, vivisection, and murder lasts just seven minutes, according to Turkish officials who spoke anonymously to several outlets yesterday. By the end of the recording, the screams have subsided, and Khashoggi is dead, although his alleged killer—a Saudi doctor named Salah Muhammed al-Tubaigy—must have continued sawing away at his limbs for some time after.
www.theatlantic.com...

Turkish media reports and officials maintain that a 15-member Saudi team flew to Istanbul on Oct. 2, knowing Khashoggi would arrive for a document he needed to get married. Once he was inside the diplomatic mission, the Saudis accosted Khashoggi, cut off his fingers, killed and dismembered the 59-year-old writer.

boingboing.net...

And,
Trump does not want to hear tape of 'vicious' Khashoggi murder www.reuters.com...

Also, "permission" is kind of an odd choice of words without context. Why would they need someone's permission, and why Kushner of all people?

IF there is anything to this claim, I'm sure that there are other circumstances that come into play, other than a pesky journalist.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

COCKBURN

Anyway, the article literally begins with the statement that they are "disclosing rumours", so I don't know how deep I would look into this.

I'm also curious why they would've needed the go ahead from someone like him, to arrest said individual in the first place?

Seems a little strange

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Jamal Khashoggi was abducted and murdered at the Saudi Embassy in Turkey. It was reported at the time his murder was made public that Turkey monitors the embassy and their calls, and actually has a recording of the murder on tape!

Would a Turkish Embassy Saudi be the one to reach out to the Americans from the Embassy though? I doubt it.

I'm not saying this didn't happen... But as it's presented, there isn't enough evidence to paint a probably picture IMO.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Would a Turkish Embassy Saudi be the one to reach out to the Americans from the Embassy though? I doubt it.

I think, as I understand it, the Turkish government spies on their foreign embassies, as a standard practice. The Saudi Embassy in Istanbul is no exception.

Kushner and MBS are tight. Who knows what kind of "anti-corruption" antics they were up to, to consolidate power in that region.

ETA: Kushner is known for using unsecured apps like WhatsApp. His iPhone might be compromised too. Who knows?
edit on 7-11-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: briantaylor

ahvalnews.com...

Above link leads to article about how Erdogan has a recording of Kushner 'giving permission' to Saudis to arrest Khashoggi.

Here on ATS we used to try and not be to over the top with our posts, Now it seems like thats the goal

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: briantaylor

ahvalnews.com...

Here on ATS we used to try and not be to over the top with our posts, Now it seems like thats the goal

I don't remember that. But even the truth sometimes seems over the top!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I think, as I understand it, the Turkish government spies on their foreign embassies, as a standard practice. The Saudi Embassy in Istanbul is no exception.

Kushner and MBS are tight. Who knows what kind of "anti-corruption" antics they were up to, to consolidate power in that region.

ETA: Kushner is known for using unsecured apps like WhatsApp. His iPhone might be compromised too. Who knows?

Erdogan and his government are rogue right now, and not the best source. The story wouldn't necessarily blow my mind if proven true, but as it stands it's hearsay.

Whatsapp is compromised to Saudi Arabia and Israel.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What authority does Trump's Son-In-Law have over the criminal proceedings of other countries?

Did you mean he requested it? He can't give "permission" for it, at least nothing valid in any court of law.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If this rumor is as dead-on correct as the Russian collusion rumors, we will have to sit through another uneventful tale spun by the coup plotters.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The story wouldn't necessarily blow my mind if proven true, but as it stands it's hearsay.

Personally, I think Kushner is a useful idiot, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he got caught promising, something like, the USA would provide cover for the Khashoggi killing IF Saudi spent X amount of dollars on projects "X,Y &Z".

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

He can make assurances that there will be no backlash from the US if the Saudis arrested Khashoggi, who was living and working in the US at the time of his murder.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this story turned out to be true. I never understood why Trump put someone with no diplomatic experience in charge of diplomacy for probably the most diplomatically complex region on Earth.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The story wouldn't necessarily blow my mind if proven true, but as it stands it's hearsay.

Personally, I think Kushner is a useful idiot, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he got caught promising, something like, the USA would provide cover for the Khashoggi killing IF Saudi spent X amount of dollars on projects "X,Y &Z".

Yea, I wouldn't be horribly surprised.

If it is true though, I think Turkey will eventually play their cards given the path Turkey/US relations are on.

If our relations continue to be sour, and no hard evidence is presented, I'll probably chalk this one up as a rumor though.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Uh, so Turkey monitors an embassy that's located in Turkey.

What does that have to do with a recording between the Saudi prince and Jared Kushner?! Seriously?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The CIA used to use turkey as a country for terrorist interrogation. I wouldn't be surprised if their affiliations with the NSS still isn't a thing. Jared isn't beyond their scope of awareness.

The depth of the deep state is unfathomable....
edit on 7-11-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Uh, so Turkey monitors an embassy that's located in Turkey.

What does that have to do with a recording between the Saudi prince and Jared Kushner?! Seriously?

Don't know. Conference calls? Skype? Intercepts?

I just know that Turkey had recordings of phone calls and a recording of the murder, that took place INSIDE the embassy. I assume it wasn't recorded through a phone call, but a bug.

It's not that far fetched to think they have covertly recording of Kushner and MSB

edit on 7-11-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Don't know. Conference calls? Skype? Intercepts?

I just know that Turkey had recordings of phone calls and a recording of the murder, that took place INSIDE the embassy. I assume it wasn't recorded through a phone call, but a bug.

It's not that far fetched to think they have covertly recording of Kushner and MSB

Once again, I'll point out that the embassy that was being monitored by Turkey was actually located in Turkey, so making that reference is irrelevant to how they intercepted a call between someone in the U.S. and the Saudi prince, who I doubt was in Turkey at the time.

I wouldn't put it past our corrupt intelligence agencies to do this, but using Turkey as a scapegoat sounds pretty stupid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join