It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really Good Mini Documentary on Varginha UFO Case

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Apologies Kurokage - misread that one.

Lots of other factors in this case and there's a really good link here about it.

ufologie.patrickgross.org...

Also, never met the chap but Graham Birdsall did seem like a fine gentleman. 

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: karl 12

I went to the west midlands version of that UFO mag' presentation and meet Graham Birdsall, he was a fine gentleman.

After seeing the first recorded interviews with the 3 girls who claimed to have come across one of the "aliens", which is what bought the case such media attention, the only thing that stood out to me was how they kept looking and smirking to each other, which screamed possible fakery to me. After that, I thought it was an interesting story but no real evidence to back it up.

Those three girls smirking to each other isn't a valid reason to dispute their integrity. I do understand the skepticism though since it's been ingrained in society for many decades. And not a healthy skepticism either, more of a Phillip Klass kind, which was why he was recruited by NSA, just like Donald Menzel was. They were very destructive liars with many victims throughout their careers of evil.

The three girls smirking could have been because some camera grip was ogling them during the interview or something.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
One of the mysterious and interesting stories I've known from Brazil. A nice analogy to think that it could be some kind of alien cattle being that managed to escape from a crashed spaceship.

However, it could also be that the occupants of that ship suffered a severe alien virus that made them decide to land on Earth but crashed because there were all infected by this virus that later on caused the death of a human soldier that supposedly carried the alien to the car?

We never really know, but will we ever really know the full story?

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

The dead soldier's relative is not too happy in this doco mate - was also interested in the claims of bribes and intimidation (and pregnant dwarfs)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Why is it, that so many of "them" know about our hunk of rock and we know, publicly at least, nothing about "them".

I'll have to look into this..

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
Why is it, that so many of "them" know about our hunk of rock and we know, publicly at least, nothing about "them"

That right there is an extremely important question, plenty of different UFO shapes (link) and occupant flavours reported (link ) - maybe we need to start looking at different explanations.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
a reply to: 0bserver1

The dead soldier's relative is not too happy in this doco mate - was also interested in the claims of bribes and intimidation (and pregnant dwarfs)

A curiously irritating presentation by the SyFy channel - especially the constant mix of unrelated video footage (even the Haiti hoax was thrown in!) and endless screaming sirens - but interesting to see older footage of dear 'ole Stanton Friedman and Nick Pope, the former eagerly supporting an 'alien cattle' hypothesis whilst a more cautious Pope (certainly more so than he is today as a USA-based UFOtainer) advises that a series of assorted circumstances and coincidences of a normal nature (including dwarfs) were probably patched together to form an 'alien' portrait of events.

The local fire department spokesman, like Pope, believes that a grand paranormal myth was created from a series of entirely explicable events. But half of the locals don't care since it's great for business!

A superb story, though, one of those that makes ufology so entertaining - far more fun, for example, than all the anonymous Skinny Bob shenanigans.

edit on 9-11-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Thank you for apology. It was very honourable of you.
After re-reading my post again, I maybe should have worded it better.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to: Kurokage

Not a problem mate and certainly worth a look into this one, am in touch with a few Brazilian researchers and apparently there's lots more to the case than meets the eye - kudos to Frocharocha for making a thread about it.

a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Eloquent as ever mate and really do appreciate your input on the Perez case - promised myself I wouldn't reply until I've seen the film.

As for this doco I just appreciate it actually exists (and hasn't been taken down yet) and you've got to love Pope imploring everyone just to trust the Brazilian military (link).

Lots more info out there to post but what do you reckon about Birdsall's on site visit?
edit on 10-11-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Heh, you smug dastard... yes, I sit corrected... again.

I pity the poor passers-by who struggled to find the case ... though the search engines are getting smarter every nanosecond.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Does anyone know: did the local government ever release any documents pertaining to this case?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MJM2019
a reply to: Frocharocha

Does anyone know: did the local government ever release any documents pertaining to this case?

The Brazilian Army still denies the incident but there does exist 'thick' records of a Military Police enqury initiated to 'determine responsibility of leaking information' about the Varginha case.

If you've not seen it there's a pretty fascinating presentation about authenticated Brazilian government UFO documents below from A.J Gevaerd.

link 1 / 2

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha
Varginha UFO incident is the name given to a series of events involving the alleged sighting and capture by the military of an extraterrestrial being in Varginha, Brazil, in 1996.
So, nobody mentioned that according to " lieutenant-colonel Lúcio Carlos Pereira, person in charge of IPM, (the witnesses) saw, actually, a man popularly known as "Mudinho." "

(excerpts from the article in Portuguese are translated, perhaps imperfectly, into English)

"It is more likely that this citizen, probably dirty as a result of the rains, crouching by a wall, was mistaken by three terrified girls for a 'space creature,'" he writes, which added to the file a photographic study that simulates the similarity between the citizen and the supposed ET.

Mudhino apparently stooped a lot, scavenging things off the ground and apparently Pereira thinks the witnesses mistook his stooping for an alien of dimutive stature. The linked article is not in English, but you can try using Google translate if you want to read it (that's what i used for the following excerpt). From the original three witnesses who saw mudinho it exploded into a myth involving military but the article has more about that:

One of the most engaged UFO members in history who has interviewed military personnel, Rodrigues says the Varginha Case has all the characteristics of myth. “I also believe there were a number of complex facts that involved the army, military police, firefighters and hospitals. People said they saw, they touched an alien, but that is no scientific proof. At that time our tendency was to believe that it would have been a being from another planet. ”

Then ESA Lieutenant Colonel Olímpio Vanderlei Santos testified at the IPM appointed as the chief and the main responsible for the team that would have captured the creature. Currently in the reserve, aged 60, living in Franca (SP), he again denied his involvement in the case. “We drove to Varginha because the city was our foothold in terms of fleet maintenance,” he says. “There was a climate of concern, colleagues were scared at the time. I was surprised when I saw my name involved. ”

As for the "documentary", it seems like it's repeating old accounts and I'm not sure it adds much, and it seems to leave out things like mudhino, or did he mention mudinho and I missed it?

edit on 20191115 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

This is just to add that "Mudinho" means "small mute".

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Looks like James Fox (Phenomena and other UFO docs) is in Brazil right now investigating this case. I'm not clear if it's a part of a doc, or if it's all about Varginha, but some interesting stuff about it on his Facebook page:

www.facebook.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

lol!

Anyway, he is referring to the attack and storming of a Brazilian village by the Brazilian army in order for them to clear the area for use in the exploitation of Amazonia. The incident was just one more of the many similar incidents in Amazonia under the dictatorship ruling the country at the time.

Oh no, my bad! I was referring to Colares incident... No, Varginha is about two girls mistaking a dwarf homeless guy for an alien.
edit on 14-9-2021 by Direne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join