It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leak from neo-Nazi site could identify hundreds of extremists worldwide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

An apparent online leak of materials from influential neo-Nazi website Iron March, which has linked to several murders and acts of extremist terrorism, has the potential to identify hundreds of extremists around the world.

The material, posted anonymously to an online archiving site on Wednesday, US time, by a user identified only as “antifa-data”. It apparently comprises the contents of the now defunct Iron March website’s underlying database and makes it possible to match usernames with email addresses, IP addresses, forum posts, and direct messages.

Source

Well this should provide some entertainment in the upcoming weeks as names and faces get tied to this site. Already people have identified a number of active duty military and a former Congressional candidate. I wonder if any ATS members will show up on their rolls.

I don't always agree with doxxing but considering this site has been linked to a number of acts of violence I think it's worth knowing who else could be a hateful killer.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Nazi apologists incoming in 3,2,1....

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Good. As a conservative who grew up in the south, I say good riddance. Real racists and nazis should be doxxed, but with how quickly those labels gey thrown around, we have to be careful.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The Demoncrats just cannot get a break ! Now the World will know their real secrets

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Iron March was founded in 2011 by a Russian nationalist named Alexander “Slavros” Mukhitdinov, and abruptly closed without explanation in November 2017.
- From OP link.

I'm not seeing anything on how the information was obtained... But it's odd, because it appears the site went down in 2017.

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

In the spirit of openness, Antifa will stop wearing masks to disguise their appearance now also, right?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't think it's known how the data was obtained. It showed up on Internet Archives yesterday, posted by an anonymous user. I'm guessing it will probably be similar to how the Discord servers for Unite the Right were obtained.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why should Nazis be shown fairness?

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

hahahaha
line of the day

who gets that venom next
vegans?
atheists?

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

By the same token, why should the left be shown fairness?

Same concept... a bunch of intolerant bigots who want to rule the world.

😀

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

If you truly equate the entirety of people on the Left with Nazis... Well I guess I should thank you for letting me know to never take anything you say seriously again.

+8 more 
link   

Why should pick a group you hate be shown fairness?

So Nazi's, because they're Nazi's don't have a right to privacy?

Just to be clear, because of a belief, you think people should be denied rights.

Now no one likes Nazi's. No one likes fascists, authoritarians.

Not too many people like communists.

Should they all be denied rights?

link   

I don't always agree with doxxing but considering this site has been linked to a number of acts of violence I think it's worth knowing who else could be a hateful killer.

Hm. So if it's ok to doxx these losers, what other sites would this be permissible?

ATS? You do realize that conspiracy websites are vilified, however unjustified, in a similar manner, right?

Moreover isn't this a classic case of guilt by association?

Maybe some of the members are University researchers monitoring these sites or law enforcement doing the same.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Before we all go cheering the release of this information, shouldn't we determine it is ACTUALLY from this site, and the list was that of a membership or list of supporters? Without that assurance and proof of provenance for that data, it could easily be a database created with names and information specifically for a political purpose (from any side).

Please understand, this is NOT me defending Nazi's or white supremacists, etc... Only that we should be very careful when accepting lists of these types in this political climate where anything goes and 2nd and 3rd hand information is accepted as truth without proper vetting.

Think of it this way. Ask yourself what would happen if your name was on this list when you had no contact nor support of these groups? How would your life change from that doxxing?

edit on 11/7/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I think fairness is merely proving someone's guilt before ruining them.

Dicking around on an online forum might not make some one evil. Maybe some are just curious... And I wouldn't doubt most are democracy hating self proclaimed fascist douche bags.

But the war of online justice is just like any other, likely to come with collateral damage.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
That's very fascist, wouldn't you say?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Now no one likes Nazi's. No one likes fascists, authoritarians.

Not too many people like communists.

Should they all be denied rights?

Nope, that's how we lose ours.

They used communism in the McCarthy days, and terrorism in the Bush era-current.

Fear to justify laying foundations for backdooring the constitution.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I don't think it's known how the data was obtained. It showed up on Internet Archives yesterday, posted by an anonymous user.

That’s equivalent to me calling you a racist because some random guy on the internet told me. Don’t worry about the source of the info though, just trust me.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Iron March was founded in 2011 by a Russian nationalist named Alexander “Slavros” Mukhitdinov, and abruptly closed without explanation in November 2017.
- From OP link.

I'm not seeing anything on how the information was obtained... But it's odd, because it appears the site went down in 2017.

It probably went 'dark'.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

- From OP link.

It probably went 'dark'.

Which makes it hard to verify the leak.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join