It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans look to China as global partner, shun Trump's US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hello ATS, I want to post something which I think points to a significant change in Geopolitics. In this newest development it seems that there's a change on the world stage where countries are starting to look at China for leadership on issues of trade, the climate and peace accords which the Trump administration has backed out of.

Eswar Prasad, a Cornell University economist and former head of the International Monetary Fund's China division, said "the Trump administration's antipathy to multilateralism, its repudiation of many international agreements, and hostility toward even longstanding allies, have all eroded U.S. economic and geopolitical influence." "The U.S. is now seen by other countries as an unreliable and untrustworthy partner, leaving them to maneuver around the U.S. by striking bilateral and multilateral deals that protect and advance their own interests," Prasad said.

This is important; not to mention the Kurds which were left by the US to fend for themselves. Other countries are starting to look away from the US for leadership. This is a dangerous path the US is on. What says ATS?

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

We’ve abandoned the Kurds before. We abandoned the Palestinians. It’s what we do.

Yes, Trump is a agent of the significant deep changes in the state of the world.

Great thread; good luck with it.

S&F

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Big changes are in the air.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

We’ve abandoned the Kurds before. We abandoned the Palestinians. It’s what we do.

This is why we are seeing these types of geopolitical changes. The world stage is changing fast.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Europeans look to be overrun by cheap China goods, Trump's US cant be bothered with other people's sh** anymore

Better title ?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hilarious! Why does Europe have to look elsewhere for a leader? Europe really doesn't like to get it's hands dirty, does it. It's easier to leave the icky stuff to the big boys.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Chinese trade is a Trojan Horse. They lure you in with super cheap prices (by using essentially slave labor), and they create a trade imbalance.

I think countries should start really focusing on being more self sufficient. Encourage domestic products over that of imports whenever possible.

Even Noam Chomsky has been saying that Neo Liberal (some say globalist) policies have been detrimental to western nations. He accredits that to the "surprise" wave of right wing politicians gaining power through the west.
edit on 7-11-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
So the Kurds were a trading partner!?

Meh...the US is either a bully or antipathetic. We cant win eh!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It's not really anything new The US has been on the decline of the global narrative losing influence and power for years, US empire eating itself from the inside with mass wealth inequality, poor education, and focus on worshiping politicians from either side instead of the public having civil discussions and open debates to address the issues - which caused the death of most empires. Trump's isolationist policies aren't the sole driver of this but have helped speed i up - why work with someone who will trow you under a bus and routinely cancels promises to allies and poor judgement that rivals the British and French historical abandonment while heir empires were failing.

It's more to do with China and India being set to take over the US in economic and potentially military power by 2040 -2050. It's a new world emerging geo-politically.

Europe has been gradually costing up for at least a decade by now, quite a bit earlier for advanced collaborative 'soft power' projects.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Hilarious! Why does Europe have to look elsewhere for a leader? Europe really doesn't like to get it's hands dirty, does it. It's easier to leave the icky stuff to the big boys.

Yep. Gonna be some Euro princes and princesses with super hurt feelings the first time a Chinese boss tells them shut mouth and work.

This is another grand EU scheme that won't go far.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
To note that the article is about France and not Europe as a collective. France is not Europe and Europe is not France. France kowtowing with China has to do with trade.

God help us if the European Union start to treat China with some form of credibility with regards to climate change. China is the biggest polluter and continues to create vast swathes of pollution and ecological mayhem.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

US empire eating itself from the inside with mass wealth inequality, poor education, and focus on worshiping politicians from either side instead of the public having civil discussions and open debates

Let me ask you this much:

1. Is China a land of wealth equality ?
2. Is china a land of excellent education ?
3. Is china a land where there are civil discussions and open debates ?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Title should be "Europe looks to other super power to do their dirty work and to blame when things go bad"

You really think Europe is gonna abandon a consumer market like the US because of moral virtue?

How about we take all of our military bases out of Europe and let Russia threaten all their neighbors?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Mario, heck, I'm not sure that even holds for EU Europe anymore. Lots of verboten topics, lots of topics the European media ignores.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Other countries are starting to look away from the US for leadership. This is a dangerous path the US is on. What says ATS?

Instead of looking to the US, Russia, or China for leadership, maybe they should look within.

Becoming a vassal state in the new Fourth Reich may be the path of least resistance, but is it really what's best for the people of a European nation? Have European nations become so bereft of true leaders that they must look to others to guide them?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: bastion

US empire eating itself from the inside with mass wealth inequality, poor education, and focus on worshiping politicians from either side instead of the public having civil discussions and open debates

Let me ask you this much:

1. Is China a land of wealth equality ?
2. Is china a land of excellent education ?

They're a land of indentured servants for the west's appetite of cheap goods.

While we celebrate our cheap stuff from WalMart and Amazon, we wonder why factories are closing... Not just for the goods, but for the materials to make the goods.

We wonder why our debt increases as we send our bank notes to another country who doesn't in turn use those to get our products.

Ironically, this is nothing new for China. Trade imbalances have gotten them to leverage empires before, like the tea trade with Britain which lead to the opium war.

Sadly, China has already gotten to a point of leverage against the west.

China is home to at least 85% of the world’s capacity to process rare earth ores into material manufacturers can use, according to research firm Adamas Intelligence.
Reuters

If China told the west to kick rocks on rare earth material production... Every economy would take a nose dive until we were able to get the old factories back up and running.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Just part of Trump's 5D chess plan to make American great again. Trump doesn't play 3D chess. Trump plays 5D chess!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Exactly. So embarrassing to watch Europe asking for a sugar daddy.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Mario, heck, I'm not sure that even holds for EU Europe anymore. Lots of verboten topics, lots of topics the European media ignores.

Cheers

true my friend. But we certainly would never be anywhere near China in that regard. Or have we forgotten what is China and how debates are done over there ?

I find it funny that today's establishment is denigrating Trump's America, and embracing just for spite...regimes that are oppressive and brutal by their own words. But it appears that all those sh**holes people escape from to America...are somehow better then America, which btw is the greatest migration destination in the world. Who knows why ???

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Who knows why ???

One kind of discussion I enjoy with my European friends are the relative merits of life in Europe versus the USA. Both pastures are green in their own way. A striking aspect is how different are the [European and American] people who have lived in other parts of the world. Broader horizons, so to speak.

And, yeah, China ... whew. I would not want to live under that regime.

I think some of these EU actions are designed to buy time in the hope that Trump won't be reelected in 2020. The real questions for the EU, in my opinion, will come should politicians after Trump decide to keep their distance from globalism.

Cheers
edit on 7-11-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join