It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump a racist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jlafleur02

Racist by progressive standards but thats like 75% of the population

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
He’s as racist as any 73 year old white man who’s spent his entire life inside a bubble not having to deal with the real world.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02
I hear this a lot. If you want to post please back it up with what he has done that is racist. I understand he is rough around the edges and says off the wall things. That doesn't mean he's racist. Just looking for policy he started that would be considered racist. I thought that the Criminal justice reform helped minorities. Give examples of both sides if you want. Thanks

There are hundreds of article pointing out Trump's racism. I did not write these articles so don't attack me. Let the articles speak for themselves:

Trump’s Racism Is Not Blundering — It Is Tactically Deliberate

Here Are 16 Examples Of Donald Trump Being Racist

People have said MAGA is a coded racists slogan for Make America White Again. I can't confirm it but it seems like every person pictured working in the Trump administration is non-minorities. I suspect after 8 years of having a black president people who are racists loved what Trump was doing and did.

Again, I'm not saying MAGA means Make American White Again. I'm just relaying what I heard people who complain about Trump is saying.

I think the quid quo pro corruption bothers me more than the thinly veiled racists remarks. I think as Americans we have to stick to supporting the rule of law and the Constitution. The presidency is not an institution of dictatorship. All the president does is set the agenda and sign or veto bills. The president DOES not get to decide what bills come across his desk. Congress is responsible for deciding what may become a law in this country NOT the president. The idea the president can do whatever he wants and is above the law is the antithesis of the Constitution and what the founding fathers intended.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

This is pretty bad:

"And when he argued the existence of a moral equivalency between Nazis in Charlottesville — you know, the ones who killed someone with a car — with the people who came out to protest them?"

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Jesus Christ... No.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

He did tell an American citizen of color to go back to their country. A pretty racist thing to say.

Did he say exactly that, or is that what you were told he said?

...... At least the Leader of our Country has never worn Blackface multiple times.......

Oh Canada

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

nice post man.

Ok. Here it goes.

"Normal" people don't talk about wanting to have sex with their own daughter, or maybe you just hang around some less-than-normal locker rooms.

taken out of context, but that's not racist.

He's been sued many times regarding discriminatory rental practices.

I would need to see the details of that. In my country, plenty of people that rent have, what you would call... discriminatory practices. Some dont want young people, some dont want to rent to students, some dont want to rent to single people...and some prefer families. There are valid reasons behind these practices and they are usually cenrtered around reducing problems or damage to one's own property.

He took out a full page ad supporting the death penalty for the "Central Park Five" ("coincidentally", 5 black men), and didn't retract or apologize to them after DNA evidence acquitted them.

Are you claiming that it was for the very reason them being 5 black men ?

There were more arrests than those five. The five in question confessed during police interrogation, so you cant claim Trump's a racist because of it. As far as he knew, they were the perps.

When Neo-Nazis marched through the streets of Charlottesville chanting "Blood and soil" and "Jews will not replace us" he said there were "fine people on both sides".

Let's take it at face value...what you quoted. How is that racist if he said.."both sides" ? If he was cheering solely for the Nazis then I would agree with you.

He initially pretended like he didn't know who David Duke was, when Duke endorsed him, even though he was already on record before that commenting about Duke much earlier.

and why would he pretend ? In my mind...because he doesnt want to be associated with him. That does not make him a racist.

Do racist tendencies make one a racist?

if you act on them.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Trump told four US congresswomen of colour to "go back" to the countries "from which they came".

3 of whom, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley, were born in the US.

And the 4th Ilhan Omar, came to the US as a refugee aged 12.

If that's not the very epitome of a stupid racist confused old twat, im not sure what is really. LoL

And thats only the tip of his racist spear.

edit on 7-11-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I think Trump is like most of us and sees people not color.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

you know what...that's why I like him...

so 3 out of 4 are immigrants, that escaped to this country running away from poor living conditions probably or worse or went for a better life, education, opportunities. They come here, and # on the country that took them in. They think the country is racist, full of bigots, and far right wingers and they want to change that country and sh** on the sitting president.

You know what I would tell them ? Go back to your own hell hole....you ungreatfull creeps.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The same people who denounce Trump for being a racist hypocritically oppose Trump's plan for better school options for black children. I have heard many liberal commentators compare Trump to George Wallace, the late Alabama governor who defended school segregation and stood in front of the white public schools with armed guards to keep the black children out.

Now we have liberals and teachers unions figuratively standing in front of the high-quality white private schools like modern-day George Wallaces trying to keep black children out.
Trump also wants more infrastructure spending, more energy jobs and more apprenticeship programs so our youth have access to better jobs and better training. Disproportionately, blacks and other minorities will benefit from these programs, because fewer have the financial capability to go to a four-year college.

So is Trump a racist who doesn't care about the future of black Americans? Let's face it. He's no Jack Kemp when it comes to talking about race and healing wounds with his words. But Trump is creating more jobs and higher incomes for blacks and other minorities and is trying to give a better education to every disadvantaged black child in America. That is a pretty impressive civil rights record. ‎

Trump's record on race may surprise you - Chicago Tribune

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
taken out of context, but that's not racist.

I never said that wanting to date his own daughter was racist. Thus the green line separating the response to your post from my response to the general thread. I was addressing your notion of him talking "like normal people do", and that's just not the case with Trump. Furthermore, it wasn't taken out of context. He's made such comments about Ivanka years ago on Howard Stern, and again more recently on The View. So it's not even a one-time/misconstrued slip for him.

You're certainly welcome to your opinions, but as to...

and why would he pretend ?

Because they're voting block that he can't afford to lose. Whether or not we think Trump supports racists isn't really as much of an issue as the fact that they believe he supports them. Sure, he's made a few too-little-too-late condemnations, and they noticed that seeming reluctance believing he was just going through the motions to satisfy the sheeple.

Any look at Duke, the KKK, or Stormfront will tell ya that they still believe he's got their back, and he's done nothing to really persuade them any differently. He needs their votes.
edit on 11/7/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Do I care? If he 100% is not a racist and this can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, he is still Trump. LOL

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

He never shut up about Obama's birth certificate nether.

Truth is you can go right back to 1973, where Trump and his company "Trump Management" were sued by the U.S. Department of Justice for housing discrimination against African-American renters, where the lawsuit ended in a settlement.

No actual admission of wrongdoing all the same, just cash monies, he dances between the raindrops well after all.

Thing is they are in their own country, and you are all immigrants to a fashion unless you're from an indigenous American tribe.

edit on 7-11-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: The GUT

Because, naturally, if you have a picture with a black person (or even TWO!), then you can't be racist!

On a more serious note, this is Trump we're talking about, and he'll tolerate any skin tone for at least a little while as long as their bank account has enough figures in it.

link   

A sexist? Yes. A racist? No!

Liberals just jumped on calling him a racist because he doesn't cowtow to their open border wish list so they have tried to shame him with PC attacks and have spread it through their party and to the public via MSM and social media. Though that strategy works on a lot of people Trump isn't biting so it pisses them off- and they double down.

Funny, liberals LOVED the Don before he went after their poster boy Obama!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Dont think so. Cant understand that there are even grounds for the question.
edit on 7-11-2019 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
a reply to: The GUT

Because, naturally, if you have a picture with a black person (or even TWO!), then you can't be racist!

Yes and besides its the dems and some repugs that go in for this “race shielding” anyway!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join