It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASMR effect responsible for our symbiotic social relationship with dogs since ancient times..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Is this one of them joke posts that I dont understand? I mean come on having a pet helped people learn to talk by needing to give orders or cooing at them like you would a baby? Do you mis the part you said fussing them, stroke head and ears and coo at them . Do you think they had pets before babys? Couldnt you apply your whole theory to babys and not pets?

I imagine some scientists needed some idea to write a paper on so there funding wouldnt stop and bam, craziness lol.
edit on 7-11-2019 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Ahh yes the 100 monkeys theory that was pretty much disproved

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I havent felt the ASMR sensation in a few years now! It sucks, I used to get it all the time. I found it would be triggered while listening to someone give a lecture in college and things like that.

I've never felt the affect when watching ASMR videos, but I do get it from time to time while listening to music; especially if they have a great voice. Adele was one of them. She hits certain notes and I get a tingly feeling all down my body. I guess thats ASMR? I don't know much about it to be honest. I thought it was some annoying YouTube trend to trigger those of us who have Misophonia.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Go do some research into strands of anthropology, if you can cope with the abstracts at least.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HummaKavula

Thanks for your engaging reply - I wonder, would you mind explaining a bit about your technique of training dogs using a 'marker word', for example? I haven't heard the term before but I see what you mean by it & it sounds fascinating/ very useful. I have a beaurtiful, intelligent but somewhat boisterous female German Shepherd, 3 yrs old, and any info you can share about training would be a great help, only if you don't mind. Perhaps could you please send as a private message? Many thanks. FITO

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I sent you a PM

top topics

<< 1   >>

join