It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover first new HIV strain in nearly two decades

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Abbott Labs and the university of Missouri researchers have identified a new strain of the HIV virus. This is the first new sub type found since 2000. As a virus, HIV does mutate thus making testing difficult. In the case fo Abbott labs according to the article they test 60% of the worlds blood supply which is a staggering amount.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Interesting that this new strain pops up just as medicines are allowed for preventative measures.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Not surprising from a genetics standpoint.

We kill some, the ones we don't, get more prominent.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Or it mutated itself which is what makes viruses hard to deal with.

I doubt there is a big conspiracy behind the new strain. Rather better detection methods. I'm actually more concerned that one company is responsible for the screening of more than half of the worlds blood supply

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Remember this is a conspiracy site

'AIDS cure may have been on that plane': Researchers count cost of Malaysia Airlines crash
www.mirror.co.uk...

I seem to remember the headline that one of the researchers got on the plane shouting that they had found the cure !!

“The amount of knowledge that these people who died on the plane were carrying with them and the experiences they had developed will have a devastating impact on HIV research,

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Or it mutated itself which is what makes viruses hard to deal with.

From what I've heard, there is medication that at risk individuals can take to prevent contracting HIV.

Typically when headway is made with a virus, it will start to mutate. Luckily, HIV isn't effective at mutating as say the flu.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Have they proven that HIV causes AIDS - could have fooled me.

I remember years ago reading that the work of Robert Gallo ( discoverer of HIV - AIDS ) was never replicated.

archive.nytimes.com...

Federal Inquiry Finds Misconduct By a Discoverer of the AIDS Virus

And others state that AIDS symptoms are what you get when you're experimented on with the very drugs that are supposed to treat HIV

www.duesberg.com...

He has instead proposed the hypothesis that the various American/European AIDS diseases are brought on by the long-term consumption of recreational drugs and/or AZT itself, which is prescribed to prevent or treat AIDS.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

big killer this virus with over 30 million dying from the disease.

new topics

top topics

join