It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priest Named President and CEO By Major Abortion Group, Calls Abortionists ‘Modern-Day Saints’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Just when you think you've heard everything, along comes a story that blows your mind. It's not so much the story, as it is what this so-called "priest" stated concerning abortion providers.

“Abortion providers are some of my personal heroes and modern-day saints."
- Reverend Katherine Hancock Ragsdale

Last week, the National Abortion Federation (NAF) tapped Katherine Ragsdale, a lesbian Episcopal priest, as the international abortion organization’s new president and CEO.

“Today, the National Abortion Federation Board of Directors announced that The Very Reverend Katherine Hancock Ragsdale has been named President and CEO,” NAF announced in a press release published on their website last Wednesday.

thewashingtonsentinel.com...

Maybe I'm old school, but I always thought a priest was supposed to defend the Sanctity of life. While the Catholic Church opposes all forms of abortion procedures, the Episcopal Church recognizes a woman's right to end her pregnancy, but condones abortion only in a few cases.

While the Episcopal Church recognizes a woman’s right to terminate her pregnancy, the church condones abortion only in cases of rape or incest, cases in which a mother’s physical or mental health is at risk, or cases involving fetal abnormalities. The church forbids “abortion as a means of birth control, family planning, sex selection or any reason of mere convenience.”

www.pewforum.org...

I don't believe that Hancock shares the same sentiments as the Episcopal Church. I'm surprised that the Church hasn't defrocked her because of her new role as CEO and President of the National Abortion Federation.

Rev. Ragsdale has preached about how abortion is a blessing and has been active in clinic defense work and other activities to support abortion providers for more than 35 years. “It has been a great privilege to lead this organization for the last year and work alongside the incredible and dedicated NAF Board, staff, and membership,” said Ragsdale. “Abortion providers are some of my personal heroes and modern-day saints. It is an honor to be able to serve and support NAF members as they provide compassionate health care amid increasing attacks and challenges.”

prochoice.org...

Hmmm, I wonder if Ragsdale will get paid as President and CEO of NAF. Apparently, this position comes with a nice salary.

According to LifeSiteNews, Vicki Saporta, NAF’s last CEO and president, took in a salary of $392,018 in 2017. It’s unclear how much Ragsdale will be compensated.

www.dailywire.com...

Hard for me to listen to a "priest" state: "using the word baby is a manipulative lie." At the end of this 1 minute clip, is one of her "modern day saints."

“For decades, Katherine Ragsdale, a false prophet, has been trying to put religious vestments on child-killing,” Father Frank Pavone, national director of Priests for Life and president of the National Pro-Life Religious Council, told LifeSiteNews. “She led the ‘Religious Coalition for Abortion Rights’ (now the ‘Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice’), which actually provides rites of blessing for parents about to kill their children, and for the facilities in which the blood is shed.”

www.lifesitenews.com...

edit on 11/6/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
2019 never ceases to amaze. We are all living in a real-time Twilite Zone episode.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yeah, no.

Killing living humans should never be celebrated.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Riiiiiight.
Because Christ preached about the good in ripping apart infants piece by piece.....
edit on 6-11-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If you want to defend the sanctity of life there are several million homeless people right now who are gonna die horribly if you don't feed them.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Addendum. I rarely agree with priests on anything but I'll make an exception in this case. Of course I'd like "abortion providers" a little bit more if they were advertising a bit more aggressively and offering incentives for stupid people to come on in and get an abortion.

Something like "Let us abort your little monster to be and WE'LL ACTUALLY PAY YOU!"

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I do not see any "glorification" value in eradicating human fetuses..
edit on 6-11-2019 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Who says that people aren't trying to feed the homeless?

As far as i know, there are dozens of legit organizations, who accept donations to feed the hungry around the world and I even donate to a few of them.

You want to eliminate homelessness in the States? VOTE REPUBLICAN!

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
I do not see any "glorification" value in erradicating human fetuses..

Don't think of it as "eradicating human fetuses". It's all in the way you look at it and you can always find a nice way to say it. Think of it as fighting future homelessness in the past (or, rather, in the future, now will be the past so you're fighting future homelessness before it happens when you glorify abortion).
edit on 6-11-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I am fairly certain that this persons picture would be next to the definition for blasphemer. What a scumbag to celebrate death and pretend to be godly.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Because Christ preached about the good in ripping apart infants piece by piece.....

It's all over the Old Testament. Jesus never condemned it, nor did he condemn priest administered abortions due to perceived infidelity.

Plenty of Christians get abortions.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
If you want to defend the sanctity of life there are several million homeless people right now who are gonna die horribly if you don't feed them.

Consulting reports about deaths of people experiencing homelessness in 2016, we estimate that at least 13,000 people pass away each year while without housing.
National Coalition for the Homeless.

In fact, 70 percent of the United States' food pantries are run by faith-based nonprofits, as are 27 percent of emergency shelters and halfway houses. Moreover, one out of every six child-care centers is run by a church or synagogue.How Stuff Works.

Seems that essentially everthing you said was either gross exaggeration or emotion driven false narrative. I'm completely fine with abortion, but I refuse to make up facts to support my opinion or denigrate people doing so much for the homeless.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
A female, Lesbian, pro-choice priest. Wow, that must be making some heads explode.

There’s nothing saintly about abortion; it is a sometimes necessary but always unpleasant medical procedure.

I do not disagree with the Rev. pointing out the dishonesty of calling a fertilized egg a “baby” but I remained horrified by those who think that conception is the point of becoming human, and yet, approve of murdering babies as long as it fits their criteria.

If that’s not the definition of evil, I don’t know what could be.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
what was it the angel of the lord said when figting the prince of persia
THE LORD REBUKE YOU
SO let us remember that THE LIVING GOD WILL
bring her to account for this =
australian for have her guts for garters
and remember GOD does not take prisoners

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I'd prefer the one where we wake up on an old train being hunted by strange people, than this royally screwed up monstrosity we find ourselves in.

Give me the 1930's... read this editing historical articles at work today. Ahh such an innocent time, lmao..

31'st August, 1936.

Boy Has Been Swearing At Phone Girls For Three Weeks

After three weeks of terror girls on the telephone exchange at Mt. Hawthorn were responsible for the arrest of a 12-year-old boy who, on Friday night, used foul language over the phone to one of them.

Today in the Perth Children's Court the charge of obscene language against the boy, who pleaded guilty, was adjourned until next Monday for him to be physically and mentally examined. An inspector of the Postmaster-General's Department told the magistrate (Mr. F. F. Horgan) that the girls at the exchange had been terrorised for three weeks by the use of bad language over the telephones in the district.

In each case a youthful voice was responsible. On Saturday night, bad language, in the voice of a boy, was heard from the public telephone booth at the corner of Loftus street and North Beach load. The girl, to whom filthy insinuations were made, told another girl at the exchange to notify the police to go to the booth. To keep the person responsible in the booth until the police got there she was forced to listen to a continued flow of obscene and insulting language.

When the police wireless patrol reached the box they arrested a 12-year-old boy who, confronted by the girl at the detective office later, admitted the offence. The inspector told the magistrate to day that offences of this nature in the previous three weeks had been responsible for some of the girls at the ex-change having to be relieved of their duties.

Cheeky little bugger... he'd be 95 today..

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Consulting reports about deaths of people experiencing homelessness in 2016, we estimate that at least 13,000 people pass away each year while without housing.

In fact, 70 percent of the United States' food pantries are run by faith-based nonprofits, as are 27 percent of emergency shelters and halfway houses. Moreover, one out of every six child-care centers is run by a church or synagogue.How Stuff Works.

Seems that essentially everthing you said was either gross exaggeration or emotion driven false narrative. I'm completely fine with abortion, but I refuse to make up facts to support my opinion or denigrate people doing so much for the homeless.

1. You can't make up facts anyway. Facts can't be made up or they're not facts (if you really wanna nitpick).

2. It was (supposed to be) obviously an example of the fact that religious people claim to be pro life while they ignore the fact that overpopulation leads directly to death and suffering for millions. Many of those fetuses they want to "save" will not be grateful because they will find themselves in an inhospitable world that was designed from the ground up to destroy them and exclude them.

Simply put - Abortion actually is pro life. It's just a different form of it. If you know the world is already an unbearable #hole for a large portion of the people who are already here, how about putting 100% of your effort into stopping that before you put half of your effort into opposing abortion?

"Faith based organizations" are pretty much THE opposition to abortion and as long as poverty, homelessness, disease and so forth is a thing, they are wasting their money and effort fighting abortion (if that is what they're doing. And it is). They could be doing their "pro-life" thing in ways that would be complimentary to birth control in making bad situations not happen but instead they choose to devote a considerable chunk of their energy and effort to fighting common sense and reality.

EDIT - At any rate, I know (and have known all my life) plenty of religious people and not a single one of them was going out of their way to be "pro-life" in any other way than being anti-abortion. The vast majority of them were not giving away more than a few dollars here and there. While they certainly do donate money to charity, they don't donate enough to put a ding int heir own wallet. And then they get on their high horse and talk about morality.
edit on 7-11-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
To me, this "Reverend" Katherine Hancock Ragsdale is evidence of the "falling away" AKA the apostasy or rebellion spoken about in 2 Thessalonians 2:3.

Next up, the son of perdition, the man of sin, will be revealed.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
These days it seems like ATS is upside down from it's original purpose. It is now populated by people who do not understand that overpopulation is engineered tyranny. Overbreeding is enslaving humanity. Every single time anyone pops out a kid, they're feeding the machine.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   

1. You can't make up facts anyway. Facts can't be made up or they're not facts (if you really wanna nitpick).

2. It was (supposed to be) obviously an example of the fact that religious people claim to be pro life while they ignore the fact that overpopulation leads directly to death and suffering for millions. Many of those fetuses they want to "save" will not be grateful because they will find themselves in an inhospitable world that was designed from the ground up to destroy them and exclude them.

EDIT - At any rate, I know (and have known all my life) plenty of religious people and not a single one of them was going out of their way to be "pro-life" in any other way than being anti-abortion. The vast majority of them were not giving away more than a few dollars here and there. While they certainly do donate money to charity, they don't donate enough to put a ding int heir own wallet. And then they get on their high horse and talk about morality.

1 - Yes, let's nitpick. Next time I will be more direct and just say you've lied.

2 - You provided an example of why making things up is a poor debate tactic on ATS. I provided information contrary to your narrative. You ignored it and have apparently opted to double down. An example that might have traction could be religious pro-lifers failing to vaccinate children for preventable diseases. If that was your example we wouldn't be having this conversation.

3/EDIT - So you have known people. Having conducted financial audits of their charitable giving you found it lacking? To summarize they are not donating enough of their money, above and beyond the taxes they pay, to have a moral objection to abortion. You've once again ignored evidence that what you're claiming is simply not true. You can disagree with their moral choices, but it seems obvious you're just making these claims to give yourself the moral authority.

So the burning question I suppose every pro-lifer here is eager to have answered is how much does it cost them to be entitled to an opinion?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

So the burning question I suppose every pro-lifer here is eager to have answered is how much does it cost them to be entitled to an opinion?

I bet it would cost them a lot less to have a valid opinion. If they weren't just plain lying about being pro-life, no one would expect them to spend a dime to prove it.

Everybody knows these people are not pro-life at all. The idea that they are is preposterous.

Oh, and by the way. I did not lie about the fact that overpopulation is directly responsible for the death and suffering of millions and probably indirectly responsible for the death and suffering of millions more (let's say due to the inability to pay or similar circumstances). Oh, and by the way, the same "pro-lifers" also do everything they can to get rid of government programs to help the people they claim they're trying to "save". If they were any more pro-life, I'd have to add extra locks to my doors to keep them from "saving" me too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join