It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change: Man-made, or man-manifested?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If science is the end-all-be-all for you, then this thread is probably not going to be your cup of tea; nevertheless, I invite you to stick around and challenge yourself with the ideas that I hope might emerge from a civil dialogue on this topic. The concepts of civility and dialogue appear to be alien to the bulk of the polarized ATS community.

Up until yesterday, I believed that climate change was purely natural. I believed that the scientific evidence favoring man-made climate change was doctored by politically motivated agents of various governments, corporations, hippies, soccer-mom book clubs, etc.

I still think the publicly flaunted "scientific" data is skewed...however, that does not eliminate the probability that climate disasters are, in one form or another, man-made.

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."--Max Planck

The citation above are the words of the Nobel prize winning theoretical physicist Max Planck, who gave us the equation necessary to quantize energy. In many ways, he can be regarded as the father of quantum mechanics.

...Soooo, what if these climate disasters are coming from our collective attitudes towards ourselves and each other? What if we regard ourselves with too high a nobility, while taking our neighbors for granted? What if we are abdicating our personal responsibility of self-rule by demanding governments to take action on our behalf, in all areas of life?

We see the disasters in other areas of reality: Earthquakes, wars, famines (let me know if this sounds familiar), mass shootings, riots, the list goes on and on...

I hope Gretta and her handlers are successful in creating a global legal codex based on carbon emissions. I hope humans successfully drop ocean temperatures by 2 degrees (or whatever they arbitrarily think it should be). I hope every single demand of the Paris Accord is satisfied.....

...Maybe then we'll notice that despite these changes, the disasters will only increase in intensity and frequency. Our ludicrous demands for external change without the necessary internal--individualistic--change will only cause the acceleration of social decay.

Climate disasters are a symptom of modern degeneracy. Its a cycle that can be tracked throughout history. The science is only secondary to the conscious state of the world.

Maybe the world will find stability if we each first establish stability within ourselves. If we fail at this, then global stability will be restored for us, only after natural disasters and war have put us back in our place.
edit on 6-11-2019 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

...Soooo, what if these climate disasters are coming from our collective attitudes towards ourselves and each other?

Then carbon taxes wouldn't be the solution, probably make it worse...

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I've said it before and i'll say it again... too many people building over green land and between 1930 and 1990, too much sprays being sprayed into the atmosphere which opened up the ozone layer which in turn caused the sun to heat up our planet but luckily... I think I read couple weeks ago that the hole in the ozone had begun to shrink!

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

Maybe that's what humanity will choose for itself, to make it worse.

ὁρᾶτε, μὴ θροεῖσθε

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yes I believe we are accelerating climate change this was already occurring thousands of years. We could be experiencing a change in the Sun's dynamics over time. We could also be going through a very clean place in space, less filtration of Solar Heat. It could be it has nothing to do with us, over the last two centuries we've had a rather quiet period of volcanic activity and less material in the atmosphere to diffuse sunlight. As far as CO2 emmissions, there is a payoff we are better managers of forest and that is improving worldwide. Common miss-belief is the U.S. a major polluter. That is not the case. Finally, climate change was happening for hundreds if not thousands and yes there is good evidence we add to it but I believe the climate change hype is designed by powerful people to better control resources and in turn gain more control of economies.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Have pondered these ideas.
For me: it resonates that we can influence small local stuff.
Can't imaging how we could affect warming-up the planet, by having too many folks wishing for a warm-sunny day tomorrow.
Supposedly there was climate-change, earthquakes and volcanoes before humanity was here.

Maybe we're not as awesome as we think ?
Perhaps it is merely our tendency towards anthropocentrism ?

Otherwise: am open to considering how the behaviors of our societies, are influenced by the citizens.
Riots, wars, love-ins; political rallies: yeah: can see that, somewhat.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."--Max Planck

Could anything appear without being observed?
The observer and the observed arise as one seemless happening.

So who or what is doing something wrong (or right)?

Is there any thing other that consciousness (observingness)?

The seer and seen are present as one (observingness/appearance).
God is all seeing/appearance.
edit on 7-11-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

join