It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mexican Drug Cartel and its Effect on the United States

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So as Tom Clancy put it: These cartels represent a Clear and Present Danger to the United States. So how do we deal with it?

Its multi-fold and will take time.

1) Legalize certain drugs. That will take out a huge source of revenue for these cartel. The states will need to be a bit less greedy and lower the taxes in order to make it competitive (for example California has a 15% excise tax on top of $9.25 per ounce growers pay)

2) Strengthen interdiction efforts. if we are not looking out for green stuff more effort can be put on Fentanyl, meth, heroin, coke etc.

3) Realistic treatment options for addicts. You have to fight this war from both ends

4) Assuming countries agree a CIA drone operation against known cartel members. It worked(s) against ISIS et al.

5) Death penalty for major traffickers

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

There are consequences to almost anything! but it fall's to the parent's responsibility to protect their children! teaching them to be respetctful to the parent's rule's etc. but it's not a perfect world! the drug's would have to be regulated like tobacco or alcohol, and only an idiot who worked at a store that sold these product's would sell them to a child! [it can happen!] We locked up our alcohol and med's and when my youngest was 17 he kicked the door in and took the whiskey and my late wife's pain med's and he and his two buddies ran away for three week's, we were terribly upset and frightened for what might happen to him and his friends, they eventually got caught and with a big bag full of oxycodone! we went through hell with worry and thoughts of " where did we go wrong" but it was his actions that started it all off! if they want it bad enough they will get it and damn the consequences!

he went to rehab and got himself together, went to trade school got married and has two wonderful kid's he's now 34, we may be the exception not the rule! i could go on, my point being that it's possibly one way to deal with the cartel's, thinking maybe if there was less drugs on the street and harder to access these drugs for the gang's who push them, btw i'm 57 and have seen many bad thing's especally the effects of alcohol and tobacco
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: punctuation and sentence structure

edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: added a word

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Dont be stupid.
I didnt feel like typing all that out.

a reply to: Veryolduser

Ok so I’m supposed to figure it out based off your online personality “that I don’t know” and also that your to lazy and leave things to simplified statements. Got ya

link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Dont be stupid.
I didnt feel like typing all that out.

Double post for some reason
edit on 6-11-2019 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Waterglass

There are only 2 possible solutions.
1. When it crosses into the United States, shoot to kill and sentence to execute. Otherwise, let Mexico deal with Mexican social failures.
2. Place Mexico under US conservatorship and send in the military, roll a phalanx that stretches unbroken from Tijuana to Matamoros and marches/rides south to the wall Mexico built to keep illegal Guatemalans out of their country. If it looks like a cartel member or a banger, shoot it... if it appears to have been constructed with cartel or banger pesos, burn it to the ground... if it takes a posture of defiance against the orderly clean up, drive right over the top of it. This nonsense would end quickly.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah Because those solutions aren't going to cause outrage and backlash.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah Because those solutions aren't going to cause outrage and backlash.

Those would be two things easily dealt with. Outrage? Who TF gives a flip if there's outrage? "STFU and Sit TF Down" is all that's needed there. Backlash... we're talking about Mexico. Not a large concern, really.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Sure nobody but a few making the $$$ don't like the cartels.

But the truth is, Americans and many others like there drugs, and politicos and others like there benefits that it brings. You could take them out. From a military standpoint would not even be that hard.

But then others will just take there place, a long line from Washington DC to Mexico itself full of people who would also be willing and able to make that kind of cash or dip there fingers in it all.

The war on drugs was started in 1971, well that's 48 years.

If we tally up who one that war for each year that it was going on.

I would say, it looks something like this.

Drugs...41
Not drugs...0

Not a good track record at all now is it?

The best you can hope for is maybe less corruption. If even, probably not even that. Or how about this. Something more based on reality. A better management of corruption. Which again....Is where we were, and are at, and likely continue to be at.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yes.,so log that next time.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join