It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mexican Drug Cartel and its Effect on the United States

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

All great points and questions...

Those officials need to be replaced immediately and citizens should be free to walk if they take out a gang or cartel member.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As long as there's big money to be made from America's insatiable lust for drugs, there will be cartels.

It's how they earn money.

Forget the drug sellers, focus on the drug users and consider addiction as a medical problem and not a criminal one.

Portugal got it right when their country was being flooded with narcotics, why can't the country which sends space crafts interstellar sort out the drug problems ; what in this society forces people to resort to dope so much...
edit on 6-11-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I do believe we are in a war.

The old way of looking at country-against-country needs to be re-evaluated, and perhaps redefined.

There are now organizations of people that we must look at and decide as to whether they are enemy combatants fighting against us the same way as a country attacking with an army.

Terrorist groups, drug cartels, organized international criminal cabals, etc. may indeed need to have a bonafide war waged against them. And, anyone aiding and abetting them such as sanctuary city politicians may very well be traitors.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Prohibition does not work. Never has never will.

This is why we have these issues. We have a 500% bigger incarceration rate because of the war on drugs.

We should follow portugals lead.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
Lots of cartels, lots of coffers too, the DEA, LE, CIA, the prisons, real estate, cars, grocery stores..etc, etc.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My vote is to drop bombs on every compound they operate.

It is not an ideology they are in it for money. You are not going to get suicide bombers rushing the border. They would scatter and regroup because there will always be those willing to risk their lives for fortune, but they wouldn't make themselves targets like that again for fear of having it all blown away again because they crossed the line.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here is a thought....QUIT DOING FREAKIN COKE?

Lookin at you Hollyweird and rich people.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Oh boy..better look a little deeper!

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I know.....seems im the only person NOT doing drugs nowadays. But its supply and demand ya know. Peeps.keep.demanding it,......

a reply to: vonclod

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yep, and it has been going on since the dawn of mankind.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thats why I brew my own booze. And the food/miles i save!!!!!

a reply to: vonclod

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have no problems using the US military against drug cartels. They kill more Americans than any terrorist group ever has. We claim terrorists attacked the US on 9/11 killing over 3000 people and used that to justify invading Middle East countries and killing hundreds of thousands. I'd venture to say that drug cartels kill far more than 3000 people a month . We didn't need permission from Iraq, Afghanistan, or Syria to invade those countries and go after terrorists, I don't think we need Mexico's permission to go after drug cartels.

But the other avenue of attack that is conveniently overlooked is the banking cartels. Drug cartels operate on cash. There is only so much you can do with a huge pile of dirty cash. That money has to be laundered, and large banks are only too happy to take that cash and clean it for the cartels. When the banking cartels are caught laundering drug cartel money, they get a fine and a wag of the finger.

Start handing out life, or even death sentences for bankers that launder drug cartel money and that would put a crimp in their operations. I'm betting the Federal Reserve and other banking cartels would be strongly opposed to that solution, though. And I think we all know that the will of the banking cartels far outweighs the will or well-being of the people in the eyes of the government.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Me and my wife have always said no... So you have us, lol. We can't even drug test here where I work because there would only be about 4 of us left. The owner wants to. I figure, test about 10 at a time and then replace them with people who can pass, then test 10 more and replace them... Wash, rinse, repeat.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I read a stat the less than 10% of kids can pass a test to join the military....mostly fat , high or retarded.

As Dean Wormer would say, "fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life".

a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Here is a thought....QUIT DOING FREAKIN COKE?

Lookin at you Hollyweird and rich people.

Yes it only coke! Are you serious? Meth, opioids, prescription drugs, weed at one point, tranquilizers etc this isn’t the 80’s.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Dont be stupid.
I didnt feel like typing all that out.

a reply to: Veryolduser

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is terrible, children murdered, yeah i know it happens! it would'nt have happened if poligamy was legal in the US, what happened to freedom of religion, I would invade Mexico and take over the whole damn crap hole country as a threat to our national security! legalize most drugs, if people want to destroy themselves with drugs, let em. Just take control away from the cartels/ mexican gov. the mex.gov. is beholden to the cartels and must be dealt with the same terror and violence the cartels inflict on others,

just taking the money out of the equation isn't enough, these monsters need to pay and pay good for the evil they inflict on the innocent people. well Tim, the wussy's will say, the US gov. causes all kinds of death and destruction, who are we to do this to a sovereign nation! well f**k em I say we need to control our southern border and beyond, it would eliminate the need for the wall, folks could get pure clean substances from a legit pharmacy and when the war was over i believe this part of the world would be much better place to be. of course this will never happen as i believe no leader has the ball's to do it! even Donald the dimocrats would scream to the heaven's that we are evil, remember benghazi

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Merica. If we dont like you we will invade your country and kill as many people as we want without being held accountable.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I believe it... Probably only 20% even attempt to go anymore. Parents have made kids lazy. College makes them worse. They need to get rid of the hapless classes like african studies and liberal arts for something like survival that teaches you the do's and don'ts outdoors and the things you can and can't eat, herbs to use if cut yourself in the woods, etc. All they come out of college with the knowledge of anymore is how to protest and cry until you get what you want.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TimHeller

What are the other consequences of legalizing drugs?

Imagine letting your 8 year old invite 2 friends over to stay the night. You don't want the kids going outside and getting into trouble so to keep them inside, you leave out a case of Red Bull, 6 bags of Pixie Sticks, and all the leftover Halloween candy that the neighbor gave you and then you go to bed. The kids take it all in and eat up all the candy. Your house is gonna be a wreck when you wake up and the kids are gonna be sick when they finish wreaking havoc.

And no, I'm not comparing candy and Red Bull to drugs, nor am I comparing drug addicts to kids, although both have about as much self control as each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join