It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mexican Drug Cartel and its Effect on the United States

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
On the heels of the massacre of several US citizens in Mexico I tried to find some data from an INTEL agency as to how much Cartel money is flowing into the coffers of our Politicians. Why I wanted to do this to possibly answer why so many political people here in the USA and abroad want to eliminate ICE and keep the boarders wide open. Why? Well here's a article that appeared in the US press back in 2015. Back in the day just four years ago Obama was in charge as president along with James Brennan, James Comey and others.

Cartel effect on the United States

The Cartel is one of the biggest crime organizations in the world. They control a lot of what happens in Mexico and what they do not control themselves they are able to pay people off to control for them. This is a big problem in Mexico and is now a growing problem for America. The cartel can be compared to ISIS because of the brutal tactics they use the only difference is that money drives the cartel while religion drives ISIS. How does this affect the United States though? The cartel effects how we patrol the border, our economy and the flow of drugs into the United States.

It is a hard to break this cycle but there is a way. The first is to make it harder to transport these things over the border. If we can cut off their supplies crossing the border it would starve them of money. To do this though we need to make it so that there is no corruption at the border patrol or positions in government. This can be very hard though because the cartel can offer a lot of money to people and it can be hard to say no to that. Lastly to stop this we need to have help from the Mexican government and the FBI to preform raids on known compounds to get them out of areas that they control.

So here me out. Why do so many politicians and the MSM go against what is written in this article from 2015. You know who they are. Are they already bought, sold and controlled by the Cartel?

Yes, I totally believe that they are and that's why I will vote for anyone that is NOT against ICE and is AGAINST everything this article mentions that can be done to defeat the Cartel.

edit on 6-11-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 6-11-2019 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 6-11-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Which Cartel are they taking about- Sinola, Gulf, Knights Templar, Los Zetas La Familia.

Each one is it’s own cartel some have alliances but most will kill each other because of territory and just because they a rivals.

They have corrupted government officials to gain knowledge and for people to look the other way.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I'd like to go after every cartel that's on American soil or in our waters. Eliminate them and then work on getting the rest. But we can't just barge into Mehico and do it, they'll have to stop being cowards and replace those who are in charge with people who will work with us. We got rid of the mafia, we should be able to get rid of the cartels. Mafias had their hands in our government like the cartels. Only difference is that the mafia only killed those who crossed them. Maybe we should bring them back and let them go after domestic gangs and cartels who are here.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

This is all out of hand and it may be too late. Just look at the MSM and many in politics. Look at the "hate" speech laws now being implemented. This is Nazi Germany 2019.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Pablo Escobar is gone....now the Mexi-Gangs represent that type of Global Cartel......they control their entire Country using murder to get the job done...all Mexico has to do is ask for help...America and Canada(we are all Continental Stakeholders) would gladly send over some Special Ops to help Mexican Police route out the Gangsters and restore order....these guys havent been hiding at all and with todays technology its likely Intelligence has every single name they need to shut things down within 1-2 years is Special Ops are used especially the American Super-Intelligence combined with the Canadian silent dark lethality ….no Mexican gangsters will ever sleep well at night again if JTF2 has been sanctioned to operate and with USA intelligence support there will be no PLACE to sleep safely on the planet once your name is dialed into the computer. .... really there is NO MORE DRUG MONEY TO BE HAD....the coke and heroin businesses are now being snuffed...the weed business has been snuffed…. the counterfeit opiates are being dialed in on now.....there is just no money in drugs anymore.....time for the Gangsters to go.

Pretty soon Mexico could become the destination of choice for millions upon millions of retirees….the growth potential is so massive as to be difficult to calculate.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Build a double fence. Man the border with military. Put guard towers every 100 feet.

But this won't happen because the CIA is too involved with the cartels.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I supposed and wonder if they have a hot line to the Vatican?

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
America and Canada(we are all Continental Stakeholders) would gladly send over some Special Ops to help Mexican Police route out the Gangsters and restore order.

There is another option, one that hasn't been used in well over a century, if not two centuries.

I'm all for using the constitutional authority to issue Letters of Marque and Reprisal.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You know they do...CIA..MAFIA..VATICAN...try reading the book...The Vaticans Assassinsa reply to: Waterglass

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
there is just no money in drugs anymore

There will always be money in drugs, that's the problem.
Of course, if governments would decriminalize drug use and sell the drugs instead of the gangs, they could use the insane amount of revenue from it to set up drug treatment for addicts and drastically lower rates of drug use while simultaneously ripping a majority of income away from the gangs and cartels. It seems pretty common sense to me - making drugs illegal accomplishes absolutely nothing, as people still obviously use and sell them. So do you want drug money going to violent cartels, or to anti-drug programs and treatment options for addicts?

This is how my version of it would look:
All of the most common drugs available on the street - heroin, coc aine, meth, etc, are sold from government-run distribution stores. In order to be allowed to purchase a specific drug, you must test positive and subsequently be given a permit for that drug. This prevents any random person from just deciding they want to walk in and start using heroin or something. If you receive a permit, you can purchase all of it you want. The revenue generated from the sales will be used to set up treatment programs for addicts, which will be explained and offered to everyone making a purchase. The revenue will also be used on public educational programs to discourage drug use.
As for the legality aspect: Drug use and possession of reasonable amounts would be decriminalized. However, ANY possession of large amounts or sales of ANY amounts taking place "on the street", ie illegally, not from government-run stores, will be met with mandatory life in prison - no questions asked.

So, here's what this would look like:
Random people who are curious to try hard drugs would be less able to do so. Only people who have a recent history of use of hard drugs will be permitted to make purchases. Addicts would have far greater and far easier access to treatment. People could get help instead of having their lives ruined by the legal system. Street sales of drugs will drastically reduce, as people will be far less likely to risk mandatory life imprisonment for selling a $20 bag. Gangs and cartels would be decimated, as their primary source of income would be gone. Anti-drug attitudes would increase with wide-scale drug education.

Someone feel free to tell me how there would be any downsides to this.
edit on 11/6/2019 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I'd like to go after every cartel that's on American soil or in our waters. Eliminate them and then work on getting the rest. But we can't just barge into Mehico and do it, they'll have to stop being cowards and replace those who are in charge with people who will work with us. We got rid of the mafia, we should be able to get rid of the cartels. Mafias had their hands in our government like the cartels. Only difference is that the mafia only killed those who crossed them. Maybe we should bring them back and let them go after domestic gangs and cartels who are here.

In Chicago, they put an end to the big gangs and ended up with lots more, smaller rivals, and a huge increase in homicides/shootings, which has continued for years.

If they eliminate the cartels, they'd best be prepared to eliminate the replacement cartels, and the smaller gangs who rise up to fill the void, forever.

I agree the cartels need to be stopped, but its probably going to take US politicians hanging for treason to even come close to making it happen.

There are far too many replacements waiting in the wings. If the infrastructure (corrupt politicians / border patrol, demand for contraband) remains in place, it will be endless. Possibly a ruthless kill-first / no-trial campaign, with a large budget, certain to result in a great many casualties of innocents could set the bad guys back some, but still would not eliminate the problem.

Another note - even if border patrol agents were immune to bribes, we can't well stock the entire border patrol with people with no ties. Avoiding the torture and killing of loved ones is an even better motivation than money. These guys are vulnerable if they're known and approachable.

We need to get to the root of the problem, not just plucking weeds. Perhaps some figurative glyphosate to destroy them from within, with no hope of growing back.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Tom Clancy's Clear and Present Danger comes to mind...the special forces were cleaning house in Columbia until the politicians pulled the plug. I have to believe the cartel wouldn't stand an ice cube's chance in hell against our military talent .
Just say the word.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

On the heels of the massacre of several US citizens in Mexico

Just wanted to add that family were dual citizens.
You have dual citizenship, You live there. That makes you more Mexican than it does American.

Some might think this is insignificant. I think it is a much different scenario than just a normal American family
getting slaughtered down there.

www.cnn.com...

who were dual US-Mexican citizens

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

This is all out of hand and it may be too late. Just look at the MSM and many in politics. Look at the "hate" speech laws now being implemented. This is Nazi Germany 2019.

The only difference is that there are way too many patriots here who aren't gonna let them do to us, what Nazi Germany did to the Jews. Jews couldn't defend themselves, we can.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
Tom Clancy's Clear and Present Danger comes to mind...the special forces were cleaning house in Columbia until the politicians pulled the plug. I have to believe the cartel wouldn't stand an ice cube's chance in hell against our military talent .
Just say the word.

Yeah, except that some of those special forces end up working for and training the cartels. Los Zetas was originally made up of people specifically trained by US and Israeli special forces, and they're apparently considered the most sophisticated and dangerous of the cartels.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I'm telling you, let the Mafia get back to power. They're far more organized than cartels and domestic gangs would be like a 3rd grade group of bullies because they have no shooting skills and no organization.

Let the bad guys who only target other bad guys take out the useless losers who take anyone who look at them wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Is there a way to destroy the crops that yield the drugs, forcing cartels into another line of work? Would save lots of lives by reducing drug-related deaths too.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Hire some bad guys to take out the bad guys... I keep saying this and I might be inaccurate in my thoughts, but when the Mafia was running things and had their hand in the local and federal cookie jar, you didn't have gangs and cartels. We used to think the Mafia was bad, but in today's environment, the Mafia is a breath of fresh air compared to the gangs and cartels. Provided, of course, that you don't cross the Mafia.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Sign me up. I’ll shoot drug dealers, keep their cash and destroy their stash all while impounding and sellin other property seized. When that is done, people that can’t drive well while using their phones...

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Jews couldn't defend themselves, we can.

That one little 6-word sentence says so much.

I was listening to an interview with a border patrol official, and was blown away by how many gang members get apprehended and how many get across. They're not all from Mexico either.

Then, think about how many years, especially under Obama, they were flowing over our border practically freely.

I don't doubt for one second that our country has cells all over the place. In 2014 and 2015 especially, teenage males that the government called "unaccompanied minors" came over by the thousands. They were distributed to various places across the country and Obama's policy was to not publicize which areas they were being sent to.

Those "teens" are now in their early 20's. How many of them have spent the last four to six years being "groomed". We even have areas within some of our own cities that are enclaves for them.

Just like terrorists, they hide among the women and children and so-called "family migrants".

Our country cannot be defeated militarily. But, what we have seen over the last couple of decades is a steady infiltration, a purposeful protection of illegals (sanctuary cities), and weak ineffectual policies that have enabled the infiltration.

The blood of every American citizen that has been killed or maimed by one of these gang members or illegal criminal aliens, is on the hands of these lawmakers and politicians that have allowed and promulgated the WEAK efforts to stop it.

Some mayors and corrupt commissioners are allowing our law enforcement officers to be disrespected and even jeopardized by their 'stand down' policies.

Why is this happening? Why are certain far left politicians allowing this? Why are our cops being so demeaned and disrespected? What are these city and state and congressional politicians getting out of allowing this infiltration and protection?

The Bigger Question is why are they pushing so hard to weaken and even take away our Second Amendment.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join