It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leader Mitch McConnell Says the U.S. Senate Will Acquit President Trump...At the Right Time ;-)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Nope. Nope. Don't believe it for one second.

This is the Act II climax where it seems the "villain" has everything sewn up. It's not until Act III that we cross the threshold back toward the status quo.

My prediction is that the articles of impeachment are presented as having "some merit," and the Senate takes their time in their deliberation, meanwhile the election happens and he's reelected in a landslide, before the Senate ultimately convicts, removing DJT from office, then Pence doubles down, and is "assassinated" by a leftist loon, and the Speaker for the House assumes the Presidency.

If I was writing the movie, this is how it would go. Then it would spin off into a TV series, and the main idea there would be the Acting President slowly realizing they've been taken for a ride, and when they begin resisting against the criticisms they themself levied against the President, they meet their own arguments. Now, the former president, having been impeached, cannot hold public office, but there is no restriction on people holding the title "advisor to the President." So then it becomes a Pelosi-Trump buddy cop show. And it would kill in the ratings.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I guess there’s nothing more American than deciding whether a person is guilty or not before a trial even starts.

What a patriot.

The evidence to date makes it very clear the President is not only innocent of the crazed Democrat charges, but is actually to be commended for properly carrying out the duties of his office in the face of screaming Democrats spitting vitriol because one of theirs is correctly being investigated.

If the Senate is able to formally commend the President on his work then they should.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   
They’ve got one ( a reply to carewemust )

Scherie Murray.

If Orange Man wasn’t Bad then this Jamaican Immigrant opposing AOC would be a media darling.

She’s got a lot of support and has been slated by a lot of people to be the one who takes all of AOC’s disenfranchised former support base.

video.foxnews.com...=show-clips
edit on 6 11 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
And Democrats will have to explain (aka "lie") why they didn't accomplish a damn thing for their constituents back home, during 2017/2018/2019/2020.

And there you go. This was the only part of this post I needed to quote because it reveals everything anyone needs to know about what's going on here. This is the cheapest, easiest way for the Democrats to spend a few years spinning their tires while not appearing to be wasting time. Which, of course, is all part of the plan. Because the Democrats aren't actually SUPPOSED TO BE doing a damn thing right now. The plan is for them to keep the public locked into a pointless, scripted drama that goes nowhere until the distraction is no longer needed. Does anyone remember the last time this happened? Late 90s? Lewinsky ring a bell?

Hmmm....what happened after that? Nothing? Well, no. Not nothing. But if you were hoping Clinton would be removed, it didn't happen so that was pretty pointless, wasn't it? Or was it? Was it really just entertainment? Was there anything else going on while that was happening? Well, you wouldn't have known it if you were watching the news but there was a whole world happening and a whole government in full operation while everyone was talking about Bill Clinton's penis. All of the usual machinery was working just like clockwork.

And of course, there was 9/11 a couple years later but let's ignore that.

So the question is - What's really going on here? Do you really believe that the Democrats really think they're going to be successful here? What the hell are they thinking? Well, they'd have us believe they're just plain stupid but I'm not buying it.
edit on 6-11-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I guess there’s nothing more American than deciding whether a person is guilty or not before a trial even starts.

What a patriot.

That is exactly what the Democrats have been doing all along. Cavanaugh, Flynn, and the ever popular buddy with Russia POTUS Trump.. There are many people who believe this is nothing but a political game being played by made up rules and lies by the Democratic leadership just as the Russia, Russia, Russia, B.S. was for the last two plus years !
edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Yep. McConnell has been a Senator since 1984. He knows his stuff..and what's IMPORTANT for the LONG HAUL.

So will term limits now be off the menu as a by product of this act, it was one of the things I felt trump got right when campaigning, same as in the UK in the house of lords, we have had some lords in there for 40 years

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

I recently had a terrific meeting with a bipartisan group of freshman lawmakers who feel very strongly in favor of Congressional term limits. I gave them my full support and endorsement for their efforts. #DrainTheSwamp

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Yep. McConnell has been a Senator since 1984. He knows his stuff..and what's IMPORTANT for the LONG HAUL.

So will term limits now be off the menu as a by product of this act, it was one of the things I felt trump got right when campaigning, same as in the UK in the house of lords, we have had some lords in there for 40 years

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

I recently had a terrific meeting with a bipartisan group of freshman lawmakers who feel very strongly in favor of Congressional term limits. I gave them my full support and endorsement for their efforts. #DrainTheSwamp

I hope not! I firmly believe that term limits of 6,4,2,1 should be applied into our government.
6 terms for House congressmen-12 years
4 terms for Senators- 24 years
2 terms for President- 8 years
1 -20 year term for Supreme Court Justices.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Trump. He's already declared himself innocent, and admitted he isn't.

The rest are just actors.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Senate Majority Leader is not a Constitutionally created position. As demonstrated by McConnell, the Constitutional intent and purpose of the Senate has been thwarted by the actions/intentions of one person elected by one State.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Senate Majority Leader is not a Constitutionally created position. As demonstrated by McConnell, the Constitutional intent and purpose of the Senate has been thwarted by the actions/intentions of one person elected by one State.

it appears you have mcconnell and pelosi confused
or not....

"congress" and all..........

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

Trump. He's already declared himself innocent, and admitted he isn't.

The rest are just actors.

we have a first amendment here, him using such is not a crime sorry for your confusion

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Leader Mitch McConnell Says the U.S. Senate Will Acquit President Trump...At the Right Time ;-)

That is what Democrats did for Clinton.

Trump haters seem to forget this is a 'democracy'.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

What a patriot.

Where the eff have you been for Kavanaugh,Bannon,Flynn and Russia stole by election?
edit on 6-11-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That is what Democrats did for Clinton.

Trump haters seem to forget this is a 'democracy'.

naw
they are all for the house doing one thing
funny they shut up when the senate does the same thing

she lost
get over it

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What a patriot.

Where the eff have you been for Kavanaugh,Bannon,Flynn and Russia stole by election?

ppfffftttt
all that matters is today baby
bamn

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

IT's freaking maddening how much the left has gotten away with for the last three years.

This impeachment is nothing, but a power grab by a bunch of caught LIARS.

Trump should order the FBI ,and DOJ to raid Perkins Coie and use it at his defense.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

This impeachment is nothing, but a power grab by a bunch of caught LIARS.

oh it is something
something the dnc won't be able to wash off for years
they have turned rumors from a dnc operative into an "impeachment" investigtion
anybody remember harry reid?
the stupidity of strategy of the dnc is epic

they are against basic fairness, transparency, and free elections

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: carewemust

CNN peeps were screaming at each other today,

And these people are all upper class citizens that for the life
of me I can't figure out why it all means so much to them?
When their lives are are already golden no matter what.
And yet look at how f@$#ed up everything is that these odd
ball affluent educated idiots get their hands on? It's really
obvious that some huge agenda has been averted by Trumps
election.

What ever it is, it's why they don't care about anything else but
impeachment.

I refer you to the "Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin" wherein every power figure says "I didn't get where I am today by...."

The people you refer to didn't get where they are today by NOT pleasing their masters.
They continue in those high positions only as long as they continue pleasing their masters.
The more successful one becomes, the more one has to lose, thus making it more important to keep it.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

That's very generous

I would say 4 years for house, 8 for senate, 8 for president, and 20 for justices.

I would love it if politicians didn't have that as a career, I'd even go so far as to say 4 for senate well.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Oh, if he is impeached (I'm still not convinced they even have enough dems willing to sacrifice their cushie jobs for a vote for impeachment) there will be a trial. A very public one, where all of the democrat crimes will be exposed for everyone to see.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join