It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leader Mitch McConnell Says the U.S. Senate Will Acquit President Trump...At the Right Time ;-)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
November 5, 2019

In October, Senator McConnell said it's likely he wouldn't even bring any articles of impeachment to the Senate floor, because the Democrats in charge of the U.S. House (Pelosi / Schiff) are not running their impeachment investigation of President Trump properly. Therefore anything they send over to the Senate, would be illegitimate.

Now, Mitch McConnell has come up with a new strategy. One that another Congressman accidentally let slip this morning.

The Senate will hold the impeachment trial, which will keep Senators who are running for President (Harris/Booker/Warren/Sanders) off the campaign trail for a couple of months...smack in the middle of the early state primaries.

At the proper time, McConnell will call for a full Senate vote, and...

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that the Senate would acquit President Donald Trump if an impeachment trial were held today.

“I will say I’m pretty sure how it’s likely to end,” McConnell told reporters.

“If it were today, I don’t think there’s any question — it would not lead to a removal. So the question is how long does the Senate want to take?

How long do the presidential candidates want to be here on the floor of the Senate instead of in Iowa and New Hampshire?”

SOURCE: www.politico.com...

I wonder if Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris and Cory Booker will "behave with dignity", after the House impeaches President Trump for "Obstruction" (according to Schiff) and passes that major crime over to Republican Mitch McConnell to have fun with for awhile?

After the Senate acquits President Donald John Trump, "The Chosen One" will steam to a landslide re-election victory.

And Democrats will have to explain (aka "lie") why they didn't accomplish a damn thing for their constituents back home, during 2017/2018/2019/2020.

Sounds like a plan that a stable genius would come up with, doesn't it?

-CareWeMust

edit on 11/5/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I like the strategy. But why is he telling them, it would be better if they just tie up those other candidates and didn't know what was going on.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I like the strategy. But why is he telling them, it would be better if they just tie up those other candidates and didn't know what was going on.

I think it creates more dissention within the already discombobulated ranks of Democrats in the House and also the MSM.

CNN peeps were screaming at each other today, after McConnell revealed that there's no way Trump gets convicted in the Senate.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

“Unmatched wisdom”?

I can hear the seething from here.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I guess there’s nothing more American than deciding whether a person is guilty or not before a trial even starts.

What a patriot.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I guess there’s nothing more American than deciding whether a person is guilty or not before a trial even starts.

What a patriot.

Who
Schiff or Pelosi?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
McConnell is a master Congressional strategists. While people are blowing fuses over Trump he has been packing the courts with conservative judges. He knows Trump is not the thing. The judges are the thing. Trump will come and go but those judges are like an Enigizer battery. Keep going and going...

He also made a fool of AOC and her bill. Nobody voted for it on either side but he forced them to make a stand hence making the Green New Deal a farce.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Over this impeachment scandal alone, So much sleep is going to be lost in the Dim/MSM world these next few months. Add in the incoming bombshells from the DOJ, and it's likely their party will be severely damaged for many years.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
What a patriot.

MSNBC grunts were fuming over McConnell, and also Lindsey Graham stating that he doesn't even waste his time reading transcripts, or paying attention to what the House is doing, because impeaching one of the most successful President's America has ever had, is crazy...and a waste of their time.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

CNN peeps were screaming at each other today,

And these people are all upper class citizens that for the life
of me I can't figure out why it all means so much to them?
When their lives are are already golden no matter what.
And yet look at how f@$#ed up everything is that these odd
ball affluent educated idiots get their hands on? It's really
obvious that some huge agenda has been averted by Trumps
election.

What ever it is, it's why they don't care about anything else but
impeachment.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Trump gets impeached by the house, although Pelosi and Schumer can F that up at anytime, but obviously the GOP controlled senate will not go against Trump. Well, that is unless they themselves are afraid of losing their upcoming elections but that all depends on how many GOP’ers will flip and try to save their own ass.
edit on 5-11-2019 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Yeah I think their actions, and the actions of their disgusting supporters and of course the anti-American media over the last three years has more-than sealed the fate of that hateful party.
They’re less than irrelevant. Utterly incompetent.
They’re definitely not a threat to the current administration.

The impeachment hoax is just pouring a concrete pad over the grave.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Ah yes, politicians are interesting creatures, hmmm?

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

The "Proper Time" for a full Senate vote wound be July 5th, 2020.

Famous anniversary of a different "acquittal" 😃

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Yep. McConnell has been a Senator since 1984. He knows his stuff..and what's IMPORTANT for the LONG HAUL.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Because the MSM didn't report it, most citizens are unaware that the DOJ implicated many so-called journalists in the June 2018 I.G. report. And the I.G. said he's going deeper to find out which ones colluded with government leakers. A.G. Barr said earlier this year that he'd have no problem indicting journalists.

The MSM's irrationality stems from more than just hating Trump. They're scared.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Lindsey Graham sent a resolution to House last month that 44 Republican Senators signed...including Mitch McConnell. It denounced the improper House Impeachment procedures.

Source: www.businessinsider.com...

Obtaining so many signatures so early, along with not a single House Republican voting "YES" for the Impeachment inquiry last week, is why Mitch McConnell's confident that the Senate will Acquit the President.

The net result is that House Democrats will end up helping Trump get re-elected, while simultaneously damaging their own brand...and re-election prospects.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Not to mention that constituents who live in Freshman Democrat Congressional districts are angry that AOC, Rashida, Omar, and other newbies GOT NOTHING DONE for those districts. FoxNews interviewed some New Yorkers in Ocasio Cortez's district over the weekend. They are looking for an alternative to AOC.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You think Warren, Sanders, Harris, Spartacus will wait until July 5th (Anniversary of Hillary's 2016 exoneration) to resume campaigning?

They wouldn't even be able to attend the Democratic convention!

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: carsforkids

Because the MSM didn't report it, most citizens are unaware that the DOJ implicated many so-called journalists in the June 2018 I.G. report. And the I.G. said he's going deeper to find out which ones colluded with government leakers. A.G. Barr said earlier this year that he'd have no problem indicting journalists.

The MSM's irrationality stems from more than just hating Trump. They're scared.

Glad I asked. As always say fear breeds hate.

edit on 6-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join