It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate to put it out there like this, but.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Does anyone agree that most of the people spoken of in the bible are blacks predominantly, with other peoples of color, and that the white man's history books have failed to convey race properly. Anytime you speak of great people in history books they are white...I mean sure we see some peoples of color tossed in along the way, but it's as if the history books tell the tale of the whitemans superiority better than anything else. And is it not true that the writings on the walls in Egypt have more dark skinned, big nose, big lipped people than "pale" or white colored people. Some of you would make the argument that this is racist or rude, but i just see the truth for what it is. Jesus was referred to many times in the bible as being black. There is one verse we all know, but by the time replies are sent to this message i will have a few of them for you.... What would happen if Jesus came today...( He would be detained and tortured and called a cult leader)

Thats why Pontius Pilate had him crucified..Pontius was a white man envious of the following of a black messiah..the living seed of Annunaqui. And thats who took him up in the sky...not floating but in a craft..ancient egyptians even have drawings of spaceships on the walls. Point being-before i started rambling-...I believe Jesus was a black man..and i'm not even black..my mother is from boston and my dad is irish.
I just cant believe that a lot of my people cant accept evidence that on any other subject would be considered a no-brainer. We are so caught up in being white that we figure every or anything good or godlike is must be white, when in actuality white is the absence of...black is comprised of every color in the sphere many any single color would come from that. I had spent years growing up around peers and coworkers who would make racial remarks about blacks or latinos like they need to go back to where they came from! Hell, we brought them over unwillingly from the same holy land that we swear is ours..lol And to close..christianism isn't even a real religion. Jesus wasn't bringing the message of himself..he was bringing the message of light..truth...knowledge...wich should in no way be interpreted as religion...Religion is the beast that will kill us all!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well supposedly Jesus was jewish, ofcourse, who really knows? In the end, all we have is some book with very little descriptions of the man who arguablly has no real historic background besides that book. Whatever description we get about him is very cryptic aswell.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Seems like subjective reading. Pilate wanted nothing to do with Christ, thus the washing of the hands. It's easy to look for disparity in history, they can't defend themselves. I think we've come a long way.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Jesus was of Jewish decent. Solomon was his ancestor as David. They weren't black because they would have been semetic in race not negro.
Solomon wouldn't have been excited with the exotic Queen of Sheeba if he was already black like her. People in the middle east or not negro. They are light brown with mostly brown eyes and straight to slightly curly hair.
Some have blue or green eyes.
Put an Italian, Spanish, Greek, or French person in the sun and they usually turn brown as well.
Nobody is saying Jesus had blonde hair & blue eyes but nobody can say He was a negro either.
SORRY.
In fact the great African general of Carthage that fought against Rome wasn't a negro either. There are carved stone statues of him and he clearly is Caucasian yet Hollywood and the media have been saying he is black as well. Now Scipio who defeated Hannibal probably was half black as he was very dark brown in drawings.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by BattleofBatoche]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You may be interested in the threads below as they are of the same topic

jesus was a black man!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jesus Black

Jesus Was Truly Black

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well, I'm white, and I can honestly say that neither myself nor any other whites I know are "caught up" with being white. Like a previous poster noted, I think we've come a long way. During the "age of exploration" most logs and travel histories we're written by whites and naturally led to an obvious white bias over the centuries in general history books. However, I think nowdays you'd be hard-pressed to find any educated historians who would discount the important role of other races in world history. The books are changing (albiet slowly in some cases) and those previously "left-out" are assuming their rightful place. With continued education of the masses we'll get where we need to be.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
First off, greetings and welcome to ATS and the ATS community.

Secondly, I noticed a few things:

as posted by maathotep
Does anyone agree that most of the people spoken of in the bible are blacks predominantly, with other peoples of color, and that the white man's history books have failed to convey race properly.

That may be so, but ancient history is recorded by all the known civilizations during that time. Were the Akkadians, Hittites, Sumarians, Babylonians, Egyptians, Aztec, Olmecs, etc., etc. 'white'? Your implied reference is to what time period that the 'whiteman' began writing history?
OLMECS
Ancient African-South American Link
The Olmec and the Elephant "toy"
Are white people mutants?

and:

And is it not true that the writings on the walls in Egypt have more dark skinned, big nose, big lipped people than "pale" or white colored people. Some of you would make the argument that this is racist or rude, but i just see the truth for what it is. Jesus was referred to many times in the bible as being black. There is one verse we all know, but by the time replies are sent to this message i will have a few of them for you....

No need to at all, maathotep.
Why?
Cause this matter that you wish to bring forth has already been extensively discussed and debated before within ATS:
jesus was a black man!!!
What did jesus look like??
Jesus portrayed as caucasian?
What if Jesus was what you would call gay?
Jesus was truly an African!
Black Jesus
Jesus was black

And...

...christianism isn't even a real religion.

Contrary to popular belief, Christianity is a religion and the largest in the world.
Christianity is the largest religion in the world

seekerof

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yep, me the supposed biggot and racist, could care less if Jesus was black green or plaid. He is my Lord and I will bow down and kiss his black feet if that truly is his color.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It's pretty clear Jesus was Jewish.

Interestingly however, people in Asia draw Jesus as Asian, so maybe he was Asian? No, it comes about like that because every ethnic group tends to think of Jesus as their own, hence you get Africans draing Jesus as Black, Europeans drawing him blone and blue eyed etc etc. One could look at it like Jesus is everywhere with everyone, however people prefer to use it to create divisions and coverups where there are none. And what the hell does it matter what race he was anyway?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Every 6 months or so we get another "Jesus is black" thread, despite beating them with the truth they still pop up fresh.

Please read the old threads and post on to them..

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
What is with this attack on white people from all races, even other whites! why is it "rascist" to say something positive about whites, be aware of our contributions, and not constantly attack us for things our forefathers did hundreds of years ago. I am sick and tired of the guilt trip you get when you are interested in where whites came from. Or suggest our culture has large contributions to society. I am all for equal rights for all, but now it seems everyone wants rights superior to whites. all hell would break loose if eminem said "'n-word'" in a rap song, but blacks are encouraged to say this.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilate
It's pretty clear Jesus was Jewish.

Interestingly however, people in Asia draw Jesus as Asian, so maybe he was Asian? No, it comes about like that because every ethnic group tends to think of Jesus as their own, hence you get Africans draing Jesus as Black, Europeans drawing him blone and blue eyed etc etc. One could look at it like Jesus is everywhere with everyone, however people prefer to use it to create divisions and coverups where there are none. And what the hell does it matter what race he was anyway?

I have traveled a bit through out Asia and have yet to see an asean jesus? They are the same bit of block sewn through out the world. How is it clear that Jesus was jewish? He seemed to believe that the jews were not who they say they are and ascribe them to the "synagogue of Satan."

Which I tend to agree, not that they are evil but their belief is more eqyptian and babylonian.

Jesus was clearly black, if he existed in the time period and location that he was said to exist. Who were the caucasian in the area? The greeks and Romans were a mix of people from different regions.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Justanotherperson]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by maathotep
Does anyone agree that most of the people spoken of in the bible are blacks predominantly, with other peoples of color, and that the white man's history books have failed to convey race properly.

No, I don't agree. We do have graves (and graveyards) of people living in those times and there are small but significant differences in the skulls of whites and blacks (shape of the orbital arches (bones around the eye), for one.)

They weren't as fussy about skin color as we are today, but no, the evidence from burials and mummies shows that they look pretty much llike any other group living in the Mediterranean area today.

Thats why Pontius Pilate had him crucified..Pontius was a white man envious of the following of a black messiah..the living seed of Annunaqui.

Actually, Pilate was all for letting him go. It was the crowd and the Sanhedrin who insisted on the crucifixion. Pilate just washed his hands of the whole thing.
www.keyway.ca...

And thats who took him up in the sky...not floating but in a craft..ancient egyptians even have drawings of spaceships on the walls.

Actually, they don't.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Alright your a retard, niger is a country nig*er is what your thinking of. Take this suggestion dont try to understand the bible because its obviously beyond you. and get your lips off black A$$hole.

Niger is a country, but were is Niger located? Do your research
If Simeon was from there he would have had to be black. And your response only shows that you are the retard. What??? because I prefer to believe jesus was black im an a**hole??? Well, to each his own. Get a grip and debate me..dont curse me...

[edit on 9-3-2005 by maathotep]

[edit on 9-3-2005 by maathotep]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If you look at folks from that region you will find that most have nice tan
I think Jesus was no different.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
More than likely Jesus would have had a tan, olive colored skin. that would probably indicate jewish decent. I highly doubt jesus was black because even in north africa as you get closer to Israel the lighter their skin becomes. Remember that the mid-east was considered a crossroads between europe, asia, and africa.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Of course Jesus was black! Yes, I am black as well, and no, I am no longer a Christian.

I don't remember the passage, but I have seen one where it describes him with black features. And I also know that there were supposedly no black Egyptians when there were, so I am not surprised.

As for the Jewish not black thing, must I remind people that there were and still ARE black Jews?? Sure you can consider Jewish as both race and religion, but that does not make them exclusive.

Doesn't really matter to me, all it does is give me one more thing to support my abandoning the Christian faith...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CGBSpender
More than likely Jesus would have had a tan, olive colored skin. that would probably indicate jewish decent. I highly doubt jesus was black because even in north africa as you get closer to Israel the lighter their skin becomes. Remember that the mid-east was considered a crossroads between europe, asia, and africa.

If you are talking about the present day, your observation would be correct. If you were talking about the days of the Pharoah, then you would be wrong. You only have to look towards Egypt to find evidence that the people of the region were black. Let's be honest here, the slave trade did a big number on the blacks of that area, and I am sure other blacks seeing how their compadres were being shipped like sardines to slave markets found it wise to scat farther south.

It's political and racial.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

as posted by JustanotherPerson
You only have to look towards Egypt to find evidence that the people of the region were black.

Perhaps one can provide the findings of paleontologists and anthropologists that confirm such?
We all know that we can find sources on or within the Internet to back virtually any claim that we so desire to make or assert or claim, correct?

One that I found to be a bit interesting were these:
Afrocentrism
Fallacies of Afrocentrism

Personally, I would much rather rely on the findings and confirmations of paleontology and anthropology.

This might help or hinder this discussion?

In order from the picture:

Four peoples of the world:
Syrian, Nubian, Libyan, and Egyptian.
From the tomb of Seti I.

Or:

In order from the picture:

Foreign prisoners of Ramesses III:
Libyan, Nubian, Syrian, Shasu Bedouin, and Hittite.
Faience tiles from the royal palace at Medinet Habu.

What Race Were the Ancient Egyptians?

Amazing how even the Egyptians portray themselves differently from the Nubians, as with other cultures, in their artwork.

seekerof

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Oh My God!

Does it make everyone feel better to say that a famous person was of their color,religion, heritage?

!0 million people say they are related to Thomas Jefferson. Everyone, and I mean everyone I have met who say they are part native American say they are Cherokee, not Iriquios, Crow or anything else, just Cherokee.

Lets get specific. If by Black you mean African you are wrong, simply wrong.

If by black you mean dark skined you are right. He was born in Bethlehem to a Jewish family with Jewish Traditions. Semetic means basically from that area. He would have tight curly hair and olive skin, as do most Arabs. The pictures of Jesus as a fair haired blue eyed are nothing more then people making "God" in their image. Asians show him with asian eyes. One artist has him as a female African American. Thats fine! Make him what you want!

Just stop this petty bickering and see the truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join