It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media and Dems defense of Bidens quid pro quo is absurd

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It is often difficult for the average person to follow the details of many of the stories in politics. The impeachment (coup) attempt of Trump is no different. The media is overwhelmingly just a mouth piece for the establishment and the Democrats, as is academia, the entertainment industry, and silicon valley. And there are so many details often times the bigger picture can be lost.

But don't fear, thats why I am here!

So I want to look at the media and democrats defense of Biden's quid pro quo (extortion) of the Ukraine that used a billion US tax dollars to force the firing of a prosecutor looking into his son's company.

I will use almost all publicly agreed upon facts, and give the media/Democrat version that they claim shows Biden did nothing wrong.

1. Biden was the point man for the Obama admins dealings with the Ukraine. A large part of his mission was to root out corruption leftover from the pro Putin previous Ukrainian regime.

2. One of the oligarchs Biden and the Obama admin felt was corrupt was a man named Zlochevsky, who owned the Ukraine largest gas company.

3. While Biden was doing this, his son Hunter was hired on to Zlochevsky's gas company Burisma to the board of directors.

4. Hunter got this job despite having no expertise in the gas industry or with the Ukraine.

5. Despite this, Hunter received over $80000 a month, far more than most board of directors for energty companies.

6. The Ukraine had an offical investigation into Zlochevsky and his company Burisma. The head prosecutor was a man named Viktor Shokin.

7. Shokin was claimed to be corrupt by Obama's admin, Biden, and many other people, in part because he hadn't charged Zlochevsky with a crime.

8. Biden has publicly admitted he did a quid pro quo with Ukraine, threatening to withhold a billion dollars of US tax money unless they fired Shokin.

9. Biden admits the Ukranians at first were hesistant, syaing Biden wasnt President. Biden claimed he told them to call Obama he would agree with him.

10. The Ukraine then fired Shokin and recieved the money.

Now lets take a full stop here. Keep in mind this is the official story from the dems/media. Do you see anything that seems odd?

According to this story, Biden was upset his son's company, and the man paying his son wasn't being investigated HARD ENOUGH!!!!

Their version is literally Biden wanted his son investigated harder! That defies all belief. But lets continue and see how the story ends up.

11. The case went shortly to an interim prosecutor, and then finally to the NABU.

Most of the general prosecutor’s investigative work on Burisma focused on three separate cases, and most stopped abruptly once Shokin was fired. The most prominent of the Burisma cases was transferred to a different Ukrainian agency, closely aligned with the U.S. Embassy in Kiev, known as the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU), according to the case file and current General Prosecutor Yuriy Lutsenko.

thehill.com...

12. The NABU was closely aligned with the Obama admin, and was alleged to have buried cases for Obama's admin in the past.

In another instance, he said, Ukrainian authorities gathered evidence that money paid to an American Democrat allegedly was hidden by Ukraine’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau (NABU) during the 2016 election under pressure from U.S. officials. “In the course of this investigation, we found that there was a situation during which influence was exerted on the NABU, so that the name of [the American] would not be mentioned,” he said.

thehill.com...

13. The NABU also interfered in the 2016 election by releasing damaging info to DNC operative CXhalupa about manafort.

A Ukrainian court in December concluded NABU’s release of the ledger was an illegal attempt to influence the U.S. election. And a member of Ukraine’s parliament has released a recording of a NABU official saying the agency released the ledger to help Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

thehill.com...

14. So the Obama admin and Biden finally got the prosecutor they said was corrupt fired, and finally got an agency that was favorable to Obama and Dems to control the investigation.

15. Despite this, the NABU promptly buried the investigation, allowing Zlochevsky off with a small fine.

NABU closed that case, and a second case involving alleged improper money transfers in London was dropped when Ukrainian officials failed to file the necessary documents by the required deadline. The general prosecutor’s office successfully secured a multimillion-dollar judgment in a tax evasion case, Lutsenko said. He did not say who was the actual defendant in that case.

As a result, the Biden family appeared to have escaped the potential for an embarrassing inquiry overseas in the final days of the Obama administration and during an election in which Democrat Hillary Clinton was running for president in 2016.

thehill.com...

16. Somehow, the Obama admin and Biden, along with all of the allies of theirs that wanted Shokin fired have remained absolutely silent on the new prosecutors allowing Zlochevsky to walk free.

(continued below)

edit on 5-11-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This leaves us with two possibilities of what the truth is.

First is the media/dems version

Biden and Obama knew Zlochevsky was corrupt. They wanted the prosecutor looking into him to be fired for being corrupt and not pursuing Zlochevsky hard enough. Biden issued his quid pro quo with a billion US tax dollars, which is said to be justified by the dems and media because the admin didnt want to give a billion dollars to a corrupt country who allowed people like Zkochevsky to walk free. Shokin was fired. The case was kicked to the Obama admin sympathetic NABU. The NABU buried the case letting Zlochevsky off with a slap on the wrist. Biden Obama et al have seemingly no problem with giving the billion dollars and these prosecutors letting Zlochevsky walk free, even though that was their hang up with the previous prosecutor.

This story makes no sense. Why would Biden want his sons company investigated hareder? Why would the NABU that worked with Obama's admin all the sudden break with theri wishes to cover the corrupt Zlochevsky? Why would Obama and Biden and everyone else be ok with this corruption?

The other version of what could have happened is as follows.

Biden and Obama knew the 2016 election was coming up. They knew it was public info Bidens sons company was being investigated. Biden and the Obama admin wanted to make sure the investigation was in hands they couod trust to bury it. So Biden issued his quid pro quo and forced the prosecutor who was looking into his sons company to be fired. The Dem sympathetic NABU picked up the case, and quickly buried it. Obama and Biden et al didnt complain about this because its exactly what they wanted.

This version makes way more sense.

The last thing to mention is the following; neither I nor Trump nor anyone else need to prove Biden or Hunter's corruption; all that needs to be proved is there is reason to investigate, which is clearly the case.

If thats true, then Trump was well within his rights to discuss this with Ukraines president, and there is no case for impeachment.

edit on 5-11-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Nice to see Grambler back, I guess you finally broke out of the cage the old lady locked you up in.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I don't know about all the BS in your post. But I do know the following statements were made:

Sullivan: "Soliciting investigations into a domestic political opponent, I don't think that would be in accord with our values"

A week later, Taylor was even more concerned, texting Sondland: "As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign."

Vindman: "I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine"

Vindman: "I am a patriot, and it is my sacred duty and honor to advance and defend OUR country, irrespective of party or politics"

This why we need people to testify under oath with threat of jail time for perjury. Maybe Trump is innocent. Or, maybe if enough people testify the truth will come out.

I don't understand why Republicans do not support the rule-of-law. Does only the rule-of-law apply to Democrats?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Biden and Obama knew the 2016 election was coming up. They knew it was public info Bidens sons company was being investigated. Biden and the Obama admin wanted to make sure the investigation was in hands they couod trust to bury it. So Biden issued his quid pro quo and forced the prosecutor who was looking into his sons company to be fired. The Dem sympathetic NABU picked up the case, and quickly buried it. Obama and Biden et al didnt complain about this because its exactly what they wanted.

Here we go with more Republican incompetence. If Biden broke the law with "his quid pro quo" then put the mother effer in jail! You made the assertion. Surely you have evidence. Or is this echoed mud-slinging BS the reason why Republicans are so incompetent when it comes to governing?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

8. Biden has publicly admitted he did a quid pro quo with Ukraine, threatening to withhold a billion dollars of US tax money unless they fired Shokin.

Here's my prediction. Biden will NEVER serve jail time for breaking the law because Republicans are just way too incompetent.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Nice laying out the facts mate!

Great OP as is usual for you.

It gets me how everything they say is wrong with President Trump, is actually wrong with themselves!!

The ordinary Joe or Betty on the street just believes the lies put out by the MSM.

I often wonder if the First Amendment is supposed to cover lies, deceit and Treason. I don't think it does but the Supreme Court needs to rule on it to get your country back on its feet. These lies have to stop.

Freedom of speech does not and should never cover deliberate Lies.

P

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I don't know about all the BS in your post. But I do know the following statements were made:

Sullivan: "Soliciting investigations into a domestic political opponent, I don't think that would be in accord with our values"

A week later, Taylor was even more concerned, texting Sondland: "As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign."

Vindman: "I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine"

Vindman: "I am a patriot, and it is my sacred duty and honor to advance and defend OUR country, irrespective of party or politics"

This why we need people to testify under oath with threat of jail time for perjury. Maybe Trump is innocent. Or, maybe if enough people testify the truth will come out.

I don't understand why Republicans do not support the rule-of-law. Does only the rule-of-law apply to Democrats?

I wasn't aware that two disgraced diplomatic official's opinions are now the rule of law.

How did that happen?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Nice to see Grambler back, I guess you finally broke out of the cage the old lady locked you up in.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Lol.

Funniest quote of the day.

Do some more like this and you may just break the internet.

All bad people need to see jail time.

P

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Of course you cant respond to anything in the OP

You do what all the dems and media talking heads do; ignore evidence of their corruption and just appeal to authority of someone saying trump is bad.

I dint care what these two said, we can see the transcript ourselves

Unlike with Biden, there was no quid pro quo

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You really should read the April, 2019 Hill article. The timeline is interesting in light of what's happened since then. It has the clear appearance of the current Ukraine prosecutor reaching out to AG Barr with some serious allegations and evidence against Biden and son, which Trump was looking into during his phone call with Ukrainian president in July, a move which lead the Narrative Warriors in DC to immediately go into full blown attack mode against the President, lest Biden find himself under the wheels of a train with a sudden desire to spill all the beans he's collected in 45 years of being a DC insider to save himself and his son from jail.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Here we go with more Republican incompetence. If Biden broke the law with "his quid pro quo" then put the mother effer in jail! You made the assertion. Surely you have evidence. Or is this echoed mud-slinging BS the reason why Republicans are so incompetent when it comes to governing?

I did make the assertion that there is evidence of possible wrong doing by biden.

I dont have to prove he is guilty, neither does trump.

All that need be shown is there is enough evidence to investigate, which clearly there is.

The anti trumpers claim trump even investigating is a crime and impeachable.

So much fro the dems cheering for the rule of law.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Lol.

P
I think the funniest is holding the two simultaneous positions

"Investigating Biden is illegal and impeachable" and "If bidens guilty show me the evidence of it!"

Great stuff

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Here's my prediction. Biden will NEVER serve jail time for breaking the law because Republicans are just way too incompetent.

Biden will never serve jail time because he'll broker an exit for himself. He will drop out of the race with great tears and fanfare, support whoever he's instructed to support, and sift himself back into the woodwork while the press is focused on a combination of his exit and a failed impeachment effort and then this will mostly be dropped. The Democrats have poisoned the well here, they're too deeply involved in it and you'd be talking about bringing down an enter echelon of liberal and moderate beltway insiders if it was actively prosecuted... that, sadly, takes more than just the President of the United States to turn into a reality, but I wish it were not the case... DC could do with their own Night of the Long Knives and Reichstagg fire right about now.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

OH!

And welcome back!

You were missed on ATS.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In light of current events, one has to ask oneself the question, "Was Guy Fawkes a good person of sound mind who had the bad luck of having wet gunpowder."

P

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Then if Democrats are so corrupt put the effers jail already!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Nobody in the history of the world has ever lied under oath, especially not Democrat sympathizers right?
Now we got this guy Sondland changing his story because the first story wasn’t damaging enough to Trump.
Why would his “memory” come back so suddenly?
Check his #ing bank accounts for any transfers from Democrat sources.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Lol.

P
I think the funniest is holding the two simultaneous positions

"Investigating Biden is illegal and impeachable" and "If bidens guilty show me the evidence of it!"

Great stuff

I never said, "Investigating Biden is illegal and impeachable". I said if you have evidence then indict the mother effer!

Otherwise, everything you've posted is nothing but meaningless mud-slinging drivel. It makes you feel good. But it's nothing but right wing delusional nonsense.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join