It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of the LGBT agenda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well, for whatever it's worth, I'm a bi male and I find a lot of this nonsense that passes for "the LGBT agenda" to be annoying. Really all I care about is being left alone and allowed to do my own thing without legal problems and being treated like garbage by people who think it's "evil" or whatever.

As far as this thousand different genders thing goes, you know, whatever. I mean I can see the need to be respectful of gender identity but it's so crazy at this point that I'm not even getting involved. I'm sure it's just the crazy people who are at each other's throats for the time being and it will all calm down eventually. I'll wait for that.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It's going to have the opposite effect like affirmative action has.
...Creating a victim class.
Maybe that's the point in this post Smith-Mundt clown world?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Really all I care about is being left alone and allowed to do my own thing without legal problems and being treated like garbage by people who think it's "evil" or whatever.

This is a statement I can get behind. Just leave people’s sexual preferences and lifestyles be a more private thing. People don’t need to know everyone’s business, and if you do find out about someone’s sexual preference, keep it private and avoid gossiping.

I’ll avoid calling it evil, unless you constantly throw it in my face.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: rickymouse

I say regular people meaning straight people,

Then just why not say straight folk? Using the word "regular" undermines non-straight people.

No, it does not undermine "non-straight" people. Non-straight people are a very small minority of the population. His use of the word "regular" was perfectly acceptable in that context and it undermines no one. Your mindset is part of the problem we are seeing with the issue these days. You're a perfect example of what the OP is about. You are absolutely TRYING to be offended. Ridiculous.
edit on 5-11-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I think your issue is that you only associate gay people with sex, gay sex and I would dare say, the majority of those flagging this thread are appalled by the idea of two men having sex. So anytime you discuss the gay community you associate the sexual nature of them but don’t look at them as people, a minority whose been violently oppressed for ages.

Just because you saw a man dressed as a woman dancing in front of children at a library in a video on the internet does not mean that represents the gay community. First of all, what is the context of said video? Is it some lame YouTube prankster or disturb person? I mean, either way the guy must’ve been arrested, right? Anyway, I know lots of gay people and they would never do such things and that’s because they’re normal people who just happen to have sex with a person of the same gender.

And to be upset about a 30k crosswalk is understandable cuz why does it cost so much? I’m pretty sure you can paint a house with that but a crosswalk might take a couple of hours tops to set everything up and then break it down. But you’re just mad cuz it’s a tribute to gay people.

And honoring gay vets is A okay in my book and when I read your rant about it sex never entered my mind until you mentioned it.

edit on 5-11-2019 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

edit on 6-11-2019 by Bigburgh because: Say cheese

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It's funny how the people who are the most outspoken against President Trump turn out to be his ardent supporters in the end!

RE: "Orange Man Bad?"

I rest my case.

You’re a winner

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
🤗
edit on 6-11-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I feel the same way. Just leave each other alone to do whatever makes them happy. My issue is leaving people alone isn’t enough for the gay movement. They want you to support them. I don’t need to support your activities to leave you the hell alone. There are lots of things I don’t support...soccer for instance. It doesn’t mean I go to soccer matches and disrupt their games. We all just need to mind our own damn business and stop trying to recruit everyone to support our agendas.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It used to bother me, but I no longer feel like this "agenda" is all up in my face. I've come to the conclusion that you find what you look for or you are asking for it.

It's not like gay activists are coming up to my door, giving me propaganda pamphlets and inviting me to their meeting hall. No transvestites are at my local airport dancing around, singing and playing tambourines while I'm catching a flight.

However, I did respond to this thread and by doing so I am asking for it. If I then go and google it, I'm looking for it too. So, if I don't look for it and don't ask for it, it never gets in my face because no one is pushing this on me personally.

I'm close to a number of people with alternative lifestyles. My step daughter is bi and does tranny performances, no push from her or her friends. My girlfriend's gay brother and his boyfriend (who are welcome guests) don't bring up any gay stuff when we see them. Her sister is a practicing Wiccan and although it's not LGBT related, she never pushes witchcraft or pagan stuff. This is all in my life, but none of it is extreme or in my face. We all have enough respect and love for each other to not make it an issue.
edit on 6-11-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Pretty sick of the white agenda, tyhe straight agenda, the christian agenda, the muslim agenda, the MIC agenda, the chinese agenda myself. Could probably add a few.

Rainbows dont piss me off though. Rainbows are sweet.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82 I agree if someone wants to act like a sick perverted weirdo,don't expect anyone but yourself to support you,don't blame the public

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
As a friend of the “community”, I know it does get annoying but…

'Shocking' numbers: Half of LGBTQ adults live in states where no laws ban job discrimination

LGBTQ Americans Aren’t Fully Protected From Discrimination in 30 States

Non Discrimination Laws

You can be legally same sex married on Sunday and go to work on Monday and be fired for being gay. It’s not just employment discrimination either. You can be denied housing, credit, public accommodations or services and in about half of the US states it’s perfectly legal. Now doctors can even deny medical treatment on religious grounds so if the alphabet crowd gets a little uppity at times, I can understand why.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Wonder what AI robots will choose to be ?

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

And honoring gay vets is A okay in my book and when I read your rant about it sex never entered my mind until you mentioned it.

You are exactly who and what the OP was getting at.......

What has honoring any vet got to do with LGBT+ ?

Honoring someone period who gave their lives in conflict in the defense of their

country in war is honoring their heroism

And NOT a platform for pushing LGBT+ issues

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Sorry I went silent last night after a few comments.
I'm at work and had to hit the sheets early.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this.
Even a few representatives from the community weighed in, which is great.

Again, I wasn't trying to offend anyone or belittle their life choices.
Adults, do whatever makes you happy unless it hurts or impedes on others - specifically in this case, children.

I'm just tired of everything needing to be sexualized and pushed on children to the point where kids don't even know if they are a boy or girl.

Here's a prime example of the impact the previously mentioned behavior can have on a child.

Trans regret

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Also, everyone has equal rights in this country, members of the LGBT do not have extra rights. There are some people who treat these people as if they are not equal, only that minority do

That's one of the problems. People equate giving equal rights and the right to not be discriminated against as having extra rights, and/or the persecution or oppression of the dominant group. When it is anything but.

That's one of the problem. LGBT+ wanting extra rights and change society instead of asking just for equality.
Yes some people are morons and don't treat them equal and that's outrgeous. So teach kids not to do that and move on.
LGBT are not the only ones that encounter assholes every now and then, women, disabled people, black people, teens, girls, gingers and so on also have felt the call of the idiots and often more than that.

Societal changes asked for by this group are for example:

- Demanding of the rest of the world to use correct pronouns to the extent that if we get it wrong there are actual consequences. Such as losing ones job or getting a fine or being arrested.

- Teaching children the wrong idea that there are just as many LGBT+ people as your average joe.

- Confusing young minds far too early about this stuff that they shouldn't even know about.

- Putting children and women in danger by mindlessly accepting everybody who just says they are XYZ and letting chancers, predators and con people lose onto them without actually checking their background - because it would be -ism to do so and we can't have that. Sod safety when there are feels.

- Hitch hiking existent causes and changing them to their agenda [Poppy day]. I'd say the poppies include LGBT soldiers already or are they soooo special and different that they need their own poppies, which exclude all straight soldiers [not very open minded I say].

- Allowing minors [forcing] to attend gay parades which are obviously liked by children because of all the colour and music but are basically about genitals, sex and genitals and sex [not my opinion but I do see the gyrating hips and obscene dance moves and blatant nakedness with my own eyes].

- Allowing children to get swept away by all this without a care in the world [Drag kids] when it is obvious that this ain't right.

- Allowing insults and more to those who don't think the same [but won't be impolite] as if they are lepers just because of their opinion [to which they are entitled, right or wrong]. Which may feel good [revenge wise] but two wrongs [hates] don't make a right.

- Managing to get TV/Film coverage well above the actual amount in real life so that society slowly believes a manufactured narrative [also known as brainwashing].

There are people who certainly need educating but it ain't your normal, average, western civilised person. We have brains and we are mostly friendly to anyone. You want to target a bit more those who need it, but you can't [that would be another -ism] so you try and brainwash those most open minded and friendly and the least likely to stop you.

If there wasn't an [a clear] agenda of taking over everything and turning us all into LGBT then nobody would bat an eyelid.
It's a bad move for all those lovely LGBT folk out there who just want to get on with their lives and be accepted and live peacefully, as they wrongly get dragged [lol] into this political agenda malarkey.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
One thing I absolutely loathe is going on a dating site and seeing men trying to pass themselves off as women. I report their profiles. The last thing a straight guy wants is to bring his date home and get down to sexy fun time, only to find that she is a he. If I ever saw that "she" had a mangina he's get his ass kicked and booted onto the street.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Why does it bother you so much?

What is their "agenda?"

I see the agenda of the current LGBTetc. crowd to be not just acceptance and allowed to live in peace (which is a great agenda).

But rather the suppression and actual oppression of those who don't approve of their lifestyle. The annihilation of everyone who doesn't approve of their lifestyle.

Their agenda seems to me to also include the "right" to be in your face (insisting children in kindergarten be taught LGBT, when previously sex education didn't begin until MUCH later, when children were more mature) and having people "socially canceled" if they don't like having LGBT shoved in their faces.

I also see as part of the agenda, they want people not just to see their lifestyle choice as equal to all other lifestyles (which is a great agenda), but to see their lifestyle choice as superior to all other lifestyle choices, and thus must be taught this as pre-schoolers and kindergartners.

Now: I know some will say terrible things about me for saying this. What you don't know about me is that I had gay friends and went to transsexual bars in my college years long long before most of you were even born, and during the era when gays were persecuted.

I am not gay, I think it is a lifestyle choice that should be accepted, and gay people should be left in peace to live their life as they choose. But I disagree with trying to force people and even small children into not just accepting but applauding your lifestyle choice.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

In the grand scheme of things, I'm not concerned with the rainbow poppies and crosswalk... it doesn't hurt anyone, doesn't take anything away from anyone, just honors certain people for their service.

The drag queen story hours though are very disturbing, and are harmful to children. At best, they are being exposed to sexual perversions that they are not mature enough to properly process and understand -- not mentally, emotionally or sexually. At the very least, these kids are being given very distorted and perverted views of both men and women but presented as "normal" and "healthy". At worst, as we already know, some of these drag queens are sexual predators being given cart blanche access to their potential victims.

That's a significant difference. And one that is too often lost in this discussion. Grown adults can do as they wish for themselves and by themselves and with other consenting adults... we have no right and no good reason to stop them. As long as we can go on our way, it's all good.

When people are being hurt, however, and especially when children are being harmed, then we have a responsibility to speak up and speak out and demand a stop it.

I would also add that it does not help when the entire LGBT community is blamed for the bad behavior of the political Activists. Despite the propaganda to the contrary, there is a huge divide within the greater LGBT community regarding the current goals and agenda. The division is so great that the original founder of Stonewall -- the oldest and biggest advocacy group for LGB in England -- has denounced Stonewall and their "T" agenda at the expense of the "L, G & B." He has effectively removed the "T" and formed the LGB Alliance. Feminists are staunchly divided between the "Lib Fems" who promote the "T" at the expense of the "L" and all women, and the "Rad Fems" who reject all gender norms and stereotypes and therefore Trans Ideology as a whole -- along with the Trans Agenda.

Ranting is all well and good as far as it goes, but there are very serious issues involved in this debate, as well as rather frivolous and petty issues. We need to pick our battles carefully.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join