It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls for 'war'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

We're talking organized crime bud and I am for limited strikes and operations to take them out.

Sorry bud, but if you think "limited" strikes will take out all the problems, you are even more silly than I thought.
edit on 5-11-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I find it funny that the people who are clutching pearls over the opioid crisis and want to sue doctors and pharmaceutical companies are also the same ones that say, meh, legalize it.

The difference is choice. We all know what drugs do to a person. If someone wants to knowingly do that to themselves, I say let them. Doctors overprescribing opioids, leading to addiction, was not that patients choice. There's plenty of good pain medicine out there that's not addictive, yet doctors almost always just load people up in the addictive stuff. I've lost two friends to addiction who weren't addicts until they got hurt.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: LSU2018

Underwerks would rather see us offer kindness and hugs. Progs don't understand that violence is meant for these kinds of people and not for your fellow Americans who disagree with your ideology.

I’d rather see us do something that would actually solve the problem instead of without a doubt make it worse. Real life isn’t an 80’s action movie where you go in and take the bad guys out and everyone lives happily ever after.

That’s a fantasy. And it’s scary the President of the United States believes that type of fantasy to be reality.

You don’t want to solve the problem. You just want revenge.

The 80's reference makes no sense but I betcha a month's pay that I'll turn CNN or MSNBC on this evening and hear that exact same talking point. To no surprise of course.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Ummm, guys?

Trump's not a dictator.

He can't just make a law decriminalizing drugs.

It would take an act of congress, and even then, not all states would agree.

So this talk of legalizing?

It's just mouth noise.

That is true, to a certain extent.

The fact of the matter is that many states are, at this point, ignoring federal law anyway.

He could sign an executive order, not legalizing it per se, but decreeing it a "states rights" issue, which is what it should be anyway.

Obviously, it would then be challenged in court, ultimately going to the SCOTUS.

I don't know that it would be politically advantageous though. It would probably cost him as much support (religious right for example), as he might gain.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

IMO - People are just not equipped with a 'stop' button when it comes to drugs. So we legalize everything and the deaths that would reign down would be fantastical. What does that equal? Genocide from our own vices and that pretty much just equals what all the climate 'criers' and Elitists want.

That actually isn’t completely true. In England where there is a legal heroin program it was found that addicts plateau around a certain dose. The idea of people being like research mice pressing the coc aine button until they die isn’t true.

Overdoses, dirty needles, disease, those aren’t a result of the heroin, they’re the result of the illegal lifestyle surrounding it. People overdose because they aren’t using a standardized product so you’re essentially playing Russian roulette every time you shoot up. Because the dose is different every time. Disease is spread well beyond the drug community because of the lack of clean needles.

I’m not saying we should legalize every drug across the board, but we should have legal alternatives to all commonly abused drugs. I believe heroin, and a few other opiates should be legal, a couple benzodiazepines, coc aine, a few different amphetamines, cannabis of course, and all psychedelics.

When I say legal I don’t mean they should sell all of this at the corner store. I mean it should be legal for an adult to go to a doctor, get a physical, have the implications of the drugs explained to you by a knowledgeable physician, and then be allowed to buy and use them under a doctors supervision. With monthly required check ups. The harder drugs anyways. Things like cannabis and psychedelics could be sold at dispensaries.

This would neuter the drug cartels. In much the same way as legal and decriminalized cannabis has taken that source of revenue away from them. Sure they would switch to other things, but the majority of their money comes from drugs. And it would make them way less powerful. At that point, Mexico could probably take care of their own problems.

It’s actually been shown that legalizing cannabis leads to less people using it. Something about the whole taboo aspect not being a part of it anymore. This is the only workable solution to this problem. Prohibition has never worked.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: underwerks

Underwerks would rather see us offer kindness and hugs. Progs don't understand that violence is meant for these kinds of people and not for your fellow Americans who disagree with your ideology.

I’d rather see us do something that would actually solve the problem instead of without a doubt make it worse. Real life isn’t an 80’s action movie where you go in and take the bad guys out and everyone lives happily ever after.

That’s a fantasy. And it’s scary the President of the United States believes that type of fantasy to be reality.

You don’t want to solve the problem. You just want revenge.

The 80's reference makes no sense but I betcha a month's pay that I'll turn CNN or MSNBC on this evening and hear that exact same talking point. To no surprise of course.

Why do you believe that? I haven’t owned a TV in over 10 years.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

We're talking organized crime bud and I am for limited strikes and operations to take them out.

Sorry bud, but if you think "limited" strikes will take out all the problems, you are even more silly than I thought.
Right and doing nothing and being a Homebody while American children are slaughtered abroad, in our own backyard no less, is the correct solution according to you, got it bud, enjoy your netflix bruh.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I find it funny that the people who are clutching pearls over the opioid crisis and want to sue doctors and pharmaceutical companies are also the same ones that say, meh, legalize it.

Its not just about legalizing it though, you've got to regulate it as well. That's the solution.

For example, you wouldn't just go and allow 98% pure meth to be legally available at your local 7/11... obviously!

But, if you made it legal for doctors to prescribe meth for the purpose of treating addiction, then at the same time allowed an amphetamine infused drink to be legally sold to recreational users that are over 18 at bars and bottle shops... Then you would eliminate the demand and potential profit that can be made from black market meth... which would essentially greatly reduce the motivation for illegally supplying it, in the first place.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

We need to follow Portugals model.

Decriminalize all drugs. When you find a person abusing drugs. You treat it like a health problem.

www.theguardian.com...

I'd be more interested if we opened all of our asylums back up and made room for rehabilitation if someone becomes an addict. But you have to think about how fast these places might fill up. Portugal has a population of 10 million, America has 320 million more people than that.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

That goes to say about anything really. That's not what the OP was saying though.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yup!
Mexico is dangerous, you go there at your own risk.

Not to mention they had lived there for decades... They left America and found a new home, that doesn't make it less horrific, and it doesn't mean they deserved it... But people make choices, and when you make choices to go live abroad in other countries, it shouldn't dictate our foreign policy.

What are we supposed to do, sterilize the whole world and make it fit for Americans to visit and or live there?

That's a good point. What are the chances of going after cartels the step foot on American soil or in our waters?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Not to mention decriminalization changes the conversation behind the user.

Drugs are bad mkay. But that doesn't mean that some one who does them is a criminal who should reside in prison. We should get them help instead.

Saying that doesn't make drugs OK, because they're bad mkay?

Maybe we should look at the reason so many Americans feel the need to escape, which is directly funding said cartel. We have a problem, and as it stands, the war on drugs isn't working.

What's the definition of insanity everyone? Trying the same thing over and over expecting different results.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wow, so to reiterate...

Solutions to American children and citizens being senselessly killed abroad by Mexican cartels, an ONGOING issue since long before Trump and who of which defeated the Mexican military in what might be the most humiliating defeat for a nation since...ever.

From our "Woke" crowds...

1) Don't go there, problem solved 🙈

2) legalized all drugs!! 🙉

3) Meh? Americans die everyday, everywhere else, who cares? Just another day, another dollar 🙊

Just reiterating folks...
edit on 5-11-2019 by Arnie123 because: Hmmm

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Right and doing nothing and being a Homebody while American children are slaughtered abroad, in our own backyard no less, is the correct solution according to you, got it bud, enjoy your netflix bruh.

Yeah all those thousands of American kids being slaughtered by drug dealers in Mexico.... wait, that's not Mexico, that's here!
I'm confused, are we changing our stance, I thought it was America First. Not Mexico then America, or Americans in Mexico, but correct me if I'm wrong.

btw. I do enjoy Nextflix, May I suggest a series for you called Breaking bad.

edit on 5-11-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: JAGStorm

Yup!
Mexico is dangerous, you go there at your own risk.

Not to mention they had lived there for decades... They left America and found a new home, that doesn't make it less horrific, and it doesn't mean they deserved it... But people make choices, and when you make choices to go live abroad in other countries, it shouldn't dictate our foreign policy.

What are we supposed to do, sterilize the whole world and make it fit for Americans to visit and or live there?

That's a good point. What are the chances of going after cartels the step foot on American soil or in our waters?

We do that, and we should. Screw those assholes.

But cartels span the globe... We aren't he world police, and we shouldn't have to deal with everyone's problems for them in their own house (usually we don't solve it anyways).

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You want to kill a cancer such as cartels? GET RID OF THEIR LIFEBLOOD SUPPLY LINES. Legalize everything, regulate it, and tax the f# out of it. People are more than willing to trade a tax for legal fixes, we already do for tobacco and booze. Remind me again how many bootlegger empires from the 20's are still slinging bootleg shiz today? I don't mean anyone that went above ground here as a legit company today, I mean the real, underground bootleggers hiding their swill and evading the cops.

Yeah, none. Exactly. Drugs will take the same route in it's legalized evolution.

As for the caravan that got wiped out, sorry, but no sympathies here. The family already MADE themselves targets by openly speaking against the cartels. Members of the family have been killed off for that before. These folks weren't caught in crossfire, they were targeted. That's no longer random violence, that's making yourself a problem to be rid of. Stupid is as stupid does in Mexico.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

pretty fast I imagine. Though maybe some prisons might be converted to deal with drug treatment.

Some estimates say drug convictions increase prison population by 500%.

Private prisons may go the rehab route if incarceration rates drop.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Yeah all those thousands of American kids being slaughtered by drug dealers in Mexico.... wait, that's not Mexico, that's here!
I'm confused, are we changing our stance, I thought it was America First. Not Mexico then America, or Americans in Mexico, but correct me if I'm wrong.

btw. I do enjoy Nextflix, May I suggest a series for you called Breaking bad.
Yup, to include Children from other nations as a result of smuggling operations as well, good catch and an even more reason to target them.

Also, its 2019, we've all see Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul didn't give us our fix, do try to recommend somthing a bit more recent than a 10 year old show, which also, ironically, highlights the Drug Cartels and their grip on shady business and murders, GO FIGURE.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

From our "Woke" crowds...

1) Don't go there, problem solved 🙈

2) legalized all drugs!! 🙉

3) Meh? Americans die everyday, everywhere else, who cares? Just another day, another dollar 🙊

I find it equally as entertaining that people want new conflicts on the docket.

How have those been working out?

What Latin American country have we "fixed" with intervention? If anything, we've destabilized any of them that don't play ball creating the whole drug trade situation to begin with.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Ummm, guys?

Trump's not a dictator.

He can't just make a law decriminalizing drugs.

It would take an act of congress, and even then, not all states would agree.

So this talk of legalizing?

It's just mouth noise.

He's also not supposed to be able to wage war without congress... Yet here we are.

we are at war now? Holy sh!t, that was fast.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join