It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls for 'war'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I find it funny that the people who are clutching pearls over the opioid crisis and want to sue doctors and pharmaceutical companies are also the same ones that say, meh, legalize it.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

I think you misread my post.

Maybe. Sorry if I did.

I was mostly responding to your statement that we cannot legalize certain types of drugs. We can. We should. All of them.

It would make this country a hell hole and a third world country in my opinion. But over the years, I've found that my opinion on drug legalization is not the popular opinion on either side.

Not an issue!

Thoughtful people can disagree.

The problem with my position is we've not tried it yet so can only look at countries like Portugal or Switzerland (harm reduction). It could be worse, as you believe.

The one thing I do know, though, is that what we've been trying isn't working.

You're absolutely right. It's not. But if we open this legalization can of worms and that doesn't work either, we're double fooked. And then our next attempt might triple fook us. I believe that if we stop the cartel flow, they'll consider that a war. Those bitches are strategically located all over America. It's a Catch-22 (I think), if we strike them, they can strike us from within. If we cutoff their supply, they can strike us from within. Years of piddling got us to this.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So, Mexican Cartels kill American children and the anti war folk say, "Whelp, don't go there."

That's it, that's their solution.

This is where we are at, would love to see the response spin.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The cartels are well-armed but they wouldn't have any response for US military.

It is illegal for Mexican citizens to be armed so it seems pretty easy to distinguish friend or foe. We would have to put boots on the ground it would be the only way to avoid extensive collateral damage.

Cartels would fall apart without their leadership and ability to pay. They are in it for the money, not an ideology. Many would escape but their operations would be shut down. The meth heroin and fentanyl operations would take time to recover.

There would always be those that will take their place, but I believe they would self regulate so they would not draw the wrath of the US down on them again. As it is now they are too big to fail. The Mexican govt is helpless and are likely puppets.

My conspiracy side thinks the alphabet agencies are using them to dispose of any terrorist threat that may come from the south. Imagine if a single terrorist attack originated from Mexico or slipped through Mexico. All holly hell would have rained down on the cartels which would have been help culpable.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

So basically all we've figured out in this thread, or what I've come to the conclusion of, is that we can't bomb them and we can't cut off their supply without them attacking us.

What an alternative measure?

link   
Mexico is one of the few countries I actually would support a US Military presence in. The Mexican government has completely lost control of the situation. The cartels have gotten to the point that they have their own militaries and weapons manufacturing facilities. Just recently the Mexican military captured El Chapo Guzman's son, but they were forced to stand down and release him - and then Mexico's president comes out and praises them for letting him go. The PRESIDENT OF MEXICO. Some of the cartels are powerful enough that if they can't outright force the military itself to stand down, they can simply bribe or threaten whoever they need to to get whatever they want.
It's kindof like having ISIS right on our doorstep, except instead of spreading Islamic extremism, they're spreading drugs like an absolute plague, sex trafficking, every other crime imaginable and brutal, unrestrained violence... And the US is a prime customer.

edit on 11/5/2019 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

Ahh, maybe I misunderstood the op then. I just know what he stated was not accurate.
edit on 5-11-2019 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Ok, so you're a homebody, got it 👍

Nice try. I've lived in more countries than most people will ever visit in their lives.
I also know the inherent risk of being an American and not on American soil.

One of those risks is death.

Similarly, I know that if I walk on the south side of Chicago with a big diamond ring, I also have a risk of death.
I also know, in this country there are systems to deal with that.

Mexico is NOT America. Should we put pressure on Mexico, sure. Should we go to war over this? Absolutely not.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

My point there was that I wouldn't hesitate to blow a hole in the head of these people if I saw them doing something like that and had the opportunity, while progressives would rather offer them hugs for feelz and then turn around and clock someone in the head for having a different opinion.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Legalize weed, legislate it like alcohol. Nobody is NOT smoking the stuff because it's illegal anyhow. Also, I think this is a combat action that would have a lot of support from the populace, ours and Mexicos/Central America/South America. Would take care of a lot of problems for us, if done for good and just reasons.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I find it funny that the people who are clutching pearls over the opioid crisis and want to sue doctors and pharmaceutical companies are also the same ones that say, meh, legalize it.

There's more nuance to it than that.

A lot of people get hooked because their doctor prescribed them and kept them on it too long. It also wrecks insurance costs when it gets prescribed willy nilly.

I advocate for the legalization for marijuana (not the use of), because it's natural, safe, and could help the economy. I'm not really for the legalization and sale of all hard drugs, though I think use should be decriminalized so we're not paying for people to live in prison for years which costs 30,000+ a year.

We all see things differently, and that's why we should discuss it.

I could easily say I find it funny that people who clutch pearls at "making new gun laws won't do anything, bad guys don't obey the law. But drugs should be illegal"... But I know that's disingenuous, because I understand there is more to it than that.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sure seems like a good way to increase POTUS security.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ummm, guys?

Trump's not a dictator.

He can't just make a law decriminalizing drugs.

It would take an act of congress, and even then, not all states would agree.

So this talk of legalizing?

It's just mouth noise.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Ummm, guys?

Trump's not a dictator.

He can't just make a law decriminalizing drugs.

It would take an act of congress, and even then, not all states would agree.

So this talk of legalizing?

It's just mouth noise.

He's also not supposed to be able to wage war without congress... Yet here we are.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

People are dying everyday because of drugs. When it was in the low income areas and killing off the children of those believed to be burdens to society, no demands for resolving this issue was being made by the masses.

This chicken has come home to roost, and it is in every community, every social and economic group, and it is not going anywhere without the masses taking on this fight head on. Fighting the cartels is just a dog and pony show. Follow the money. Start this fight from where all they money ends. In the pocket of some of the most reputable of businesses and and business owners. Until they cut off the head of the Medusa, those venomous snakes will just keep growing back.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
And so it may begin?

The Mexican government hasn't done a thing to take care of their cartel issues. Perhaps they're just as corrupt?

The Mexican government is outgunned and out financed by the gangs. And that disparity of pay makes it very easy to infiltrate local governments and police forces and of course national military.

By example...say the local official makes $10K a year being mayor of the town...and along comes this drug gang and says "we'll pay you $20K a year to allow us to traffic through your town...and if you say no we will kidnap and torture every member of your family and send you video of the torture."

What would you do in that case?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I can't believe what I am reading here.

There is crime all over the United States. It is growing and it is everywhere.

Yet people are actually OK and willing to spend tax money on Mexico, and even a War???

How about we clean up our place first. Isn't it Make America Great Again?

Yes I know drugs come from Mexico, a lot of drugs.
Even if we wipe Mexico off the face of the earth, you don't think there won't be someone to replace them (& the drugs) in addition to what is already here? Maybe the people pushing this are the drug cartels already here in the US. They want help cutting their competition.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Arnie123

Ok, so you're a homebody, got it 👍

Nice try. I've lived in more countries than most people will ever visit in their lives.
I also know the inherent risk of being an American and not on American soil.

One of those risks is death.

Similarly, I know that if I walk on the south side of Chicago with a big diamond ring, I also have a risk of death.
I also know, in this country there are systems to deal with that.

Mexico is NOT America. Should we put pressure on Mexico, sure. Should we go to war over this? Absolutely not.

Oh? You want to have a pissing contest? I've been internationally abroad as well, both Militarily and Civilian related issues.

I've walked the South side and West side, carrying a $1000 phone and $200 Nikes, America isn't as bad you're making it out to be, some areas? Sure.

Mexico is NOT America? No s# sherlock, did you have an epiphany in Cali when you looked around and realized how bad it was and how much it could become Mexico?

We're talking organized crime bud and I am for limited strikes and operations to take them out.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

A: It would bring this country down and we'd become a hellhole.

Your opinion. Most disagree.

Cutting the cartel's main supply off would start a war in and of itself.

So you think. But isn't this what those saying bomb them want anyway?

There's no freedom in legally offering 335,000,000 people heroine, coc aine, maarijuana, methamphetimines, etc. in every city.

Your saying there is no freedom in allowing adults to do what they want with their own bodies?

Why is murder outlawed if legalizing is the answer? Why is driving 70 mph through a school zone illegal if legalizing solves the problems?

You think murder is the same as getting high?

Why is driving 70 mph through a school zone illegal if legalizing solves the problems

??? What does this have anything to do with anything?
Beer is legal but we still have those laws.

Enabling these people makes no sense to me.

You say enable I say giving them their freedom to choose.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

A: Because if every drug out there is legalized then we'll have far more addicts on the horizon.
B: The cartel will go to war with America for cutting off their cash flow.
C: What's the freedom in offering drugs to the entire population of America?

Not sure what's nonsensical about the lives of children being endangered when their parents have free reign to any drug of their choice. Maybe you can explain.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join