It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls for 'war'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

But I have seen them shake in confusion upon walking into a 7/11. Slurpy, candy aisle, or the grill... They usually do all 3, but it takes them 10 minutes of shaking confusion to reach their conclusion. Kind of funny.

The munchies are no joke!!! I haven't smoked in over 20 years, but I have been that guy you describe. It usually resulted in about $20 worth of Taco Bell.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's very telling that the Mexican President doesn't want to bother going against these cartels. They rather give them hugs... apparently. Trump is practically begging this guy. All he has to do is say the word. We'll go in, no questions asked. They wont even have to take care of it themselves.

It was met with a firm NO

President Andrés Manuel López Obrador refused that approach, saying at a Tuesday news conference, "The worst thing you can have is war."

"We declared war, and it didn't work," Lopez Obrador said, referring to the policies of previous administrations. "That is not an option."

WTF! This guy has to be on the take or he's scared $#!%less for his own life. That's really fricken sad. Children were burned alive and they don't care.

'Hugs not Bullets'.... Is that seriously their answer?

If they don't agree on our help or do something themselves, we should step in and take care of it ourselves. When we're done, we can force a government change while at the same time, find out who's responsible for assisting with this madness on our side and hang every single one for treason against the USofA.

I as well feel that there would be a lot of CIA - FBI - and Political leaders hanging high.

When I was in Afghanistan the first time, we were burning the poppy fields.

Then, we realized those poppy farmers were our only real/significant source of intel and "good-will."

They were also some of the few people making money, offering jobs that paid and creating somewhat "safe" places for civilians.

We "adjusted" our policy and started stacking tali bodies all of a sudden. Imagine that!

Now some shenanigans went on as well but I'm just trying to point out that a shooting war is probably the last thing anyone who's been in one would want. Trump? Not so much.

The solution to this issue does NOT involve prohibition. That just enriches the cartels. Legalize and control the means of production, distribution and sale. Tax it all. Viola! Cartels out of business.

I agree completely that we need to legalize and control all drugs in order to help defund the cartels. But that would not make them go away. There is still human trafficking, gun smuggling, and all types of other illicit crimes they would just ramp up. Drugs are just their most profitable commodities.

Yup.

We can focus on those things as well. It's not a zero sum game.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
We end the war on drugs.

Realistically? Not going to happen. Just look at the pearl-clutching over legal opioids and the drama it's causing.

We get Mexico to allow us to bomb the ever-loving-hell out of cartel compounds.

It won't get all the bad guys, but it sure as hell will ruin the weekends of a few of the bastards.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

While some that i had witnessed are just walking on the streets confused and shaking their bodies due to the stuff.

For some of us that’s a good Friday night. I normally have to pay extra for the confusion.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

While some that i had witnessed are just walking on the streets confused and shaking their bodies due to the stuff.

For some of us that’s a good Friday night. I normally have to pay extra for the confusion.

Randy-"Why do they call it Kentucky Wheelchair Ted"

Ted- "You're gonna need a wheelchair, and it's from Kentucky"

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Randy-"Why do they call it Kentucky Wheelchair Ted"

Ted- "You're gonna need a wheelchair, and it's from Kentucky"

Sir, this is an Arby’s.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Friday night!?

That's a Tuesday afternoon for me!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Watch a pretty good drama called "Snowfall." It's mostly accurate.

Or "Kill The Messenger", the movie about investigative journalist Gary Webb.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. Don't know how I missed it!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

a reply to: StallionDuck

I've wondered why we hadn't done anything about this sooner

Because most people realize this isn’t a problem you can fight or arrest your way out of. If your goal is to make the southern border more dangerous than it already is and have more people killed then going to war with the drug cartels is a great idea.

I really hope this is just small-hand energy Trump trying to talk like a badass and not a serious idea he’s having. Someone needs to tell him the world doesn’t work like an 80’s action movie.
Small hand? American children were killed and an American President spoke up for them.

Someone needs to tell you that inaction creates more violence and embodens criminals.

I say, go in and absolutely destory, if murders are happening on a daily basis, do nothing! Said the Leftist Underwerks.

Underwerks would rather see us offer kindness and hugs. Progs don't understand that violence is meant for these kinds of people and not for your fellow Americans who disagree with your ideology.

Progressives:
Trump supporter? BEAT HIM SENSELESS!!!!
Child murdering rapist? He's got feelings, be kind and offer your love.

Trump supporter? RACIST!! Get your pipes and beat that bastard!!!
Sex trafficker who kidnaps children for sex slaves? Be nice and show him how kind and loving you can be.

Maybe this book can give some tips when dealing with the left.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Progs don't understand that violence is meant for these kinds of people and not for your fellow Americans who disagree with your ideology.

I'm not a progressive, but I don't understand the logic on wars.

How many people died in this horrific act? How many would die in a revenge war?

How many died on 9/11? How many did we lose in the wars that followed (but stayed allies with Saudi Arabia).

After a while, I think it's fair for people to question if any of this is really about American lives, or if politicians are just using that to strum at heart strings.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Thank you. Was it that hard to actually contribute something behind arguments with seemingly no basis? It took me calling you out to get a valid response. Somehow I knew that would work.

The "sons" comment referred to GWOT and how my oldest is now deploying to the same sh!tholes I did almost 20 years ago.

So what did they sign up for? College? There is only one purpose for joining the military and it's not for the perks, the money, the job or the school you may get while or after you're enlisted. The purpose is for the defence of our country, our freedoms and our way of life. Remember, we were also supposed to carry the role of humanitarian.

Drug Cartels are violating all 3.

I made no mention of foot soldiers for these cartels. I mentioned missiles. We don't need foot soldiers. We can do fine without them. We've come a long way with making war efficient if we really want to. So your precious sons wont have to FIGHT for our country that's being invaded by the enemy. They can just sign up to get free college and bake cookies and such.

Is this the new liberal army or something? Did I miss something?

I'm sorry critical and deliberative thinking and reading comprehension are not your strong suit.

Are you sure? I mulled this over and looked at it from multiple angles. Unless you can hint another way that might change my mind... I think you're spending more time throwing put-downs than actually forming an intelligent argument, like it's supposed to sway an argument. You know that only works with fanbois and cheerleaders, right?

I'll admit, my "critical thinking" might lack only a little objectiveness and I will say it's due to the fact that children were involved but putting that aside, seeing where we've been and where we're going with this... I'd say my thought process was very critical. Hell... I even laid out examples of a game-plan, which you have not returned in your argument. You offered nothing... Nothing but your fear of your children getting caught up in a war that's closer to home than any others.

I'm not 10. At least not chronologically. Mentally? Maybe. And, you'd have an ally in my wife with that belief.

They're usually right. I wont refute it.

Military? Yes. I am. Why would you think otherwise? Specifics!! I need specifics!! LOL. (oops! my 10 year-old self is showing!).

Same way you would think that I have no experience with a "volley" of projectiles. Granted, I never deployed missiles but I did fire more artillery shells than I could count. Not to mention, it was a perfect way to get someone to divulge their side of things when one part of it is something they're prideful about.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

How about this:

Americans that live or go to Mexico do so at your own risk.

Cartels or Mexicans that come across the border do so at your own risk?
I'm all for quick execution of cartels that are here, but is it wrong that I don't want a US/Mexico war.
We all know that's what will happen.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I agree with Trump on this....

All Mexico has to do is ask for help.

I would place my money on a couple of Blackhawks backed with good intel over ANY drug cartel in Mexico.

This problem is way to close to home....something has to be done.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: underwerks

Just saying, chefox seems to be thinking everyone is like the potheads he knows. That's just a small fraction. There are.tons of very successful people that smoke pot. He has no clue

I thought it was satire. If ChefFox is serious he has gotta be an o.a.f. boomer. No one thinks like that anymore, do they?
edit on 5-11-2019 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Can't legalize those

Why not?

Legalize it all.

Only smart move .
Only move that values true freedom.
Only move that brings america profits.
Only move that stops the cartels without an endless war.

A: It would bring this country down and we'd become a hellhole.
B: Cutting the cartel's main supply off would start a war in and of itself.
C: There's no freedom in legally offering 335,000,000 people heroine, coc aine, maarijuana, methamphetimines, etc. in every city.

Why is murder outlawed if legalizing is the answer? Why is driving 70 mph through a school zone illegal if legalizing solves the problems?

Billions in tax revenue if you legalize drugs. Think about that for a second... That's when you know a nation is in serious trouble. Not because of your thoughts, but because of the fact that legalizing drugs could bring in that much money due to so many addicts/dependents out there. Enabling these people makes no sense to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Billions in tax revenue if you legalize drugs. Think about that for a second... That's when you know a nation is in serious trouble. Not because of your thoughts, but because of the fact that legalizing drugs could bring in that much money due to so many addicts/dependents out there. Enabling these people makes no sense to me.

Legalize it, but make narcan illegal.........

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

weed junkies?

not sure if you are serious or being sarcastic.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I don't follow this logic of yours, 911 was more than just a terrorist response, there was more at play beyond what we know.

This is different.

We're talking about a lawless group of Mexican thugs who murdered an innocent family, a RELIGIOUS Family, on there way to a WEDDING, most likely in a CHURCH and this family was American.

We had a response by the leader of America, President Trump, who cares very much for the American people, saw what was sensless slaughter of his citizens and thus called for the extermination of TRASH.

War, Conflict, isn't a construct of any one species, rather, a Causal force of nature, unavoidable and ever lasting.

Action, Reaction.

We have an issue, an issue brewing for some time, since Trump has been upending the establishments terroritoy in all corners of the world, why not our backyard as well?

Make war with these terrorist, bring them to the brink of extinction and let the Mexican people deal with whats left. Perhaps it is then that they may reclaim their destiny and move beyond the grip of the Cartels.
We did, when Donald Trump was elected and destroyed the establishments grip on our system.
edit on 5-11-2019 by Arnie123 because: Hmmm

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I agree with Trump on this....

All Mexico has to do is ask for help.

I would place my money on a couple of Blackhawks backed with good intel over ANY drug cartel in Mexico.

This problem is way to close to home....something has to be done.

I hate to say it, but it's probably not in Mexico's best economic interests to shut down the illegal drug trade.

If raw numbers can be believed, it makes up a substantial percentage of their overall economy.

Think about it. Billions of tax free US greenbacks yearly.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

You're essentially saying we control their economy?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join