It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls for 'war'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: odzeandennz

less money to buy guns (from America)

Fun fact: there’s only one licensed gun shop in all of Mexico. All the guns the cartels have come from the U.S.

Along with all the money to buy them. It’s almost like Mexico doesn’t have a cartel problem, they have an America problem..

I’m sure bombing and killing Mexicans would help solve that though..

Maybe they need a border wall...

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

I especially love the Legalize everything to "cut off" the supply chain, lmfao, they will simply re-orient and boom back in the game.

No drug user is going to buy higher-priced lower quality illegal drugs when they can legally go to the doctor and get it cheaper and better. No one in places where cannabis is legalized is going around buying crappy Mexican brick weed when they can just walk in a dispensary.

Do you honestly think weed is gonna be higher in quality once the feds start diluting it and filtering it like they did to cigarettes?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Then you must give them your talking points.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Sending American, what would amount to being special forces, to Mexico to rout out drug cartels I believe would be a bloody disaster.

Do we realize that almost 120 thousand people have been killed with 27 thousand missing in Mexico since just 2013 not counting those since!!!!en.wikipedia.org...

This is a very bad idea

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Portugal decriminalized all drugs in 2001 and the entire country has seen dramatic drops in all problematic drug use every single year. HIV and hepatitis infection rates have steadily dropped along with overdose deaths. drug-related crime and even incarceration rates! The data behind these changes have been studied and cited widely and the entire county has been experiencing a sustained and remarkable recovery.

Hard drug use not only went down every year it is now only a fraction of what it was prior to 2001. Their Hospitals, courts, jails, etc. have been completely transformed due to significantly less crime, incarceration, overdoses and all of the other devastating effects that the war on drugs has produced all over the world. It's not even the same country anymore and the records have shattered all of the myths concerning decriminalization. Many governments including the US are sending officials to study the phenomena and bring back their findings and they are astonishing to say the least!

I will cite several links:

www.theguardian.com...

time.com...

www.drugpolicy.org...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: badwhiskey
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Portugal decriminalized all drugs in 2001 and the entire country has seen dramatic drops in all problematic drug use every single year. HIV and hepatitis infection rates have steadily dropped along with overdose deaths. drug-related crime and even incarceration rates! The data behind these changes have been studied and cited widely and the entire county has been experiencing a sustained and remarkable recovery.

Hard drug use not only went down every year it is now only a fraction of what it was prior to 2001. Their Hospitals, courts, jails, etc. have been completely transformed due to significantly less crime, incarceration, overdoses and all of the other devastating effects that the war on drugs has produced all over the world. It's not even the same country anymore and the records have shattered all of the myths concerning decriminalization. Many governments including the US are sending officials to study the phenomena and bring back their findings and they are astonishing to say the least!

I will cite several links:

www.theguardian.com...

time.com...

www.drugpolicy.org...

www.nytimes.com...

Bad whiskey you have a good idea

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I especially love the Legalize everything to "cut off" the supply chain, lmfao, they will simply re-orient and boom back in the game.

No drug user is going to buy higher-priced lower quality illegal drugs when they can legally go to the doctor and get it cheaper and better. No one in places where cannabis is legalized is going around buying crappy Mexican brick weed when they can just walk in a dispensary.

Do you honestly think weed is gonna be higher in quality once the feds start diluting it and filtering it like they did to cigarettes?

How does someone “filter” and dilute cannabis? And why would anyone buy it if they did?

That isn’t being done anywhere in the world that it’s legal. From your comments it’s seems you have really don’t have a lot of knowledge about drugs or drug culture.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Fun fact: there’s only one licensed gun shop in all of Mexico. All the guns the cartels have come from the U.S.

Along with all the money to buy them. It’s almost like Mexico doesn’t have a cartel problem, they have an America problem..

Maybe they need a border wall...

Money has never cared about a wall.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yeah that's what I said, exactly what I said. Forgive me for not being a drug connoisseur. Do opiates cause tooth decay and facial scabs? I thought that was a side effect of speed.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
One more thing to add

Mexico already or at least it did at one time get billions from America and all kinds of police and intelligence help from the US already

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Whelp, I had fun, I'm all for limited strikes against Cartels.

I am not for legalizing Drugs to cut off the "supply", only to poison our own citizens.

At this point in the thread, y'all are just entertaining an imaginary world.

I’m enjoying hearing people that really have no knowledge about drugs or how they effect society try to explain why we should wage war on a neighboring country because of it.

Someone here actually just said Suboxone is prescribed for meth addiction.

Lol

Right. I don't have the experience with drugs that you do. I actually listened to my parents and said no to drugs.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Yeah that's what I said, exactly what I said. Forgive me for not being a drug connoisseur. Do opiates cause tooth decay and facial scabs? I thought that was a side effect of speed.

That can happen from injecting just one ball of pot.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Legalizing piles onto existing problems.

It's not a strawman argument. You responded to me with "their body their choice" and I said that's fine. They can destroy it if they want to, but I don't think they should have the "freedom" to purchase the drugs legally. If you wanna throw them in a facility to let them get high and then released after they're sober then that's fine and dandy. When I drive, I obey the traffic laws for my safety and the safety of those around me. When you're on meth or crack or heroin, those around you aren't safe so they should have to do it in a controlled facility until they're back to normal.

Do you agree?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: JAGStorm

We're talking organized crime bud and I am for limited strikes and operations to take them out.

Sorry bud, but if you think "limited" strikes will take out all the problems, you are even more silly than I thought.

What would you suggest?

I lived in countries that drugs and prostitution were legal, seemed to work pretty good over there.
People that want to do drugs, usually will do it regardless if it is legal or not. People that don't want to do it, usually won't.
I think legalization will stop a lot of crime. It's not a 100% fix, but nothing is. I also really, really like that someone
mentioned treating mental illness. That seems to be a huge root cause of a lot of drug and other problems.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: LSU2018

There is big money in rehab.

We recently pitched a small six-bed rehab to a potential suitor for an acquisition/investment. Everything was going along swimmingly until the owner said they are “doing this to help people and the money did not matter.

”Guess what? That killed the deal right then and there. This honest, hard-working, dedicated entrepreneur just needed a leg up to compete. They were getting squeezed by insurance and the rest of the addiction treatment regulatory process. They were having a hard time keeping up. We call this “kumbayah thinking.” In theory, it is great and the pure thing to do. In practice, it is a potential death knell to marketing addiction rehab profitability.

Kumbayah Thinking and Making Money Affect Addiction Rehab Profits

Hell, open the asylums and toss them in there then. Let them come in, get high, sober up, and go home. If drugs are as widely popular and purchased as we're told then the asylum can name their price for the people who want to come in and shoot up, snort, whatever. At least it gets them off the street while they're in another world.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I'm glad you were able to get away from it. But tell me, did you stay at home while you did it and not leave until you were sober enough? And do you trust other people to be the same? We have rehab facilities. I'm talking about facilities specifically designated for those who want to go get high/stoned/soup sandwich level... After their high wears off, they can leave. Put some tvs and games in every room to occupy them until they're satisfied.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Remember when Hillary said something similar and it came out later that like 95% of those guns that were taken from the cartels didnt have a serial number ever etched on them... All guns made and sold in the US in bulk form have a serial number on them.

So I would dearly like a source that can shows ALL the guns in the Cartels comes from the US.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Let me guess, Mexico is going to pay for the war...

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: badwhiskey

But how well will that work in a country with 335 million as opposed to a country with 10 million? We have more full blown addicts than they have citizens.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
From the video I saw, why did they take the bodies out of the car? They got them out while it was hot?
edit on 5-11-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join