It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls for 'war'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You said legalizing would fix the problems,

I never said that.

My point is that legalizing is better than letting our kids die fighting an endless war.

What do I have to wear my seatbelt? It's my body. Why can't I drive recklessly? It's my body. Why can't I buy a large soda in NY? It's my body. Why can't I get in the cage with the tigers at the zoo? It's my body.

This is called a strawman argument.

If your ok with stopping people from using drugs why not stop them from driving at all? Driving is dangerous.
Why not make laws prohibiting alcohol?
Why not make cigarettes illegal?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: StallionDuck
And so it may begin?

The Mexican government hasn't done a thing to take care of their cartel issues. Perhaps they're just as corrupt?

The Mexican government is outgunned and out financed by the gangs. And that disparity of pay makes it very easy to infiltrate local governments and police forces and of course national military.

By example...say the local official makes $10K a year being mayor of the town...and along comes this drug gang and says "we'll pay you $20K a year to allow us to traffic through your town...and if you say no we will kidnap and torture every member of your family and send you video of the torture."

What would you do in that case?

I'd hope that a neighbor would assist in the eradicating of vermin in my country. I'd pick up the phone and make a call to the potus to assist in instant and precise strikes to limit the casualties of the innocent. I'd ask him to keep it under his hat if at all possible. Maybe even get my family together and ship them to the US while I stayed behind and assisted like a real leader.

Has to start somewhere.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I don't think that idea will turn out too well.

And if I'm not mistaken Mexico has tried that and it created a blood bath worse than the problem.

To add American personal to that mess is like adding acid to cotton candy

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

There is big money in rehab.

We recently pitched a small six-bed rehab to a potential suitor for an acquisition/investment. Everything was going along swimmingly until the owner said they are “doing this to help people and the money did not matter.

”Guess what? That killed the deal right then and there. This honest, hard-working, dedicated entrepreneur just needed a leg up to compete. They were getting squeezed by insurance and the rest of the addiction treatment regulatory process. They were having a hard time keeping up. We call this “kumbayah thinking.” In theory, it is great and the pure thing to do. In practice, it is a potential death knell to marketing addiction rehab profitability.

Kumbayah Thinking and Making Money Affect Addiction Rehab Profits

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: network dude

we are at war now? Holy sh!t, that was fast.

Keep up,

Not only are we at war, we are going to open asylums and give people free or not free drugs,
and weed, but not too much, but you some are prone to weed disease, and we are going to tax them, both the dealers, the users and asylums and the people using drugs twice, and then we are going to save human trafficked victims from other countries in Mexico.

Wheewww, hope I summed it for you.

I sure hope you are right. I don't want anyone to be hooked on the pot, or, heaven forbid, overdose on the stuff.

Overdoses are pretty rare.

Your typical weed user who snorts is usually pretty safe.

It's when you get to the boofers and intravenous users you run into overdoses... Or if they share needles they can transmit cooties.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, and am going off of old "Recue 911" episodes.
edit on 5-11-2019 by CriticalStinker because: I know network dude was joking.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Nyiah

If it's going to be legalized then facilities need to be opened up and the drug addict or those wanting to experience the drugs need to pay to admit themselves, pay to get high, and then get released once they're sober again. That's keep them off the roads high.

Ummm... or they can just stay home and do it there?

Understand something - I'm a recovered addict, clean and sober for over 30 years now. I know what I'm talking about.

The problem is, you simply cannot legislate morality - or drug use. In fact, making drugs illegal merely adds to the mystique for young people, and results in a lot of people in jail for non violent drug offenses.

Legalize it all. Tax commercial sales, and apply 100% of the tax money to rehab help. I had to go to rehab twice. The first time, I realized there was a way out, but after 6 months, I started playing again. The second time took. Luckily, I had parents and a grandfather who loved me and were willing to pay for it.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I can't believe what I am reading here.

There is crime all over the United States. It is growing and it is everywhere.

Yet people are actually OK and willing to spend tax money on Mexico, and even a War???

How about we clean up our place first. Isn't it Make America Great Again?

Yes I know drugs come from Mexico, a lot of drugs.
Even if we wipe Mexico off the face of the earth, you don't think there won't be someone to replace them (& the drugs) in addition to what is already here? Maybe the people pushing this are the drug cartels already here in the US. They want help cutting their competition.

I'm about that too. I say we do it all at once. You can't clean one room of your house and expect it to stay clean if you work on another the next day. By the time you're done, everything will come full circle and dirty again.

I don't believe someone will replace them in the manner that they are now. We let them get this big. They didn't have an army the last time we took action there. You can't win a war by attacking one cell and expect the rest to just go away. It's a necessary action to keep pounding them until they find that there is no longer profit in doing it.

As I said.. It's not a single action fix. Other issues must be dealt with as well. I even mentioned opening places around the US to actually help addicts for free rather than only cater to the rich. Education is also required. Willing to assist and help another government wont cost us any more than we're already spending. We're GIVING THEM MONEY. Doesn't help but we keep doing it. Just keep our damn money and take our own action.

THAT'S what I'm saying. It's not as simple as "Let's do it! Murica". There is a lot more to this than that. It needs to be done... Ignoring it wont make this plague go away. Our loved ones keep dying from it and our loved ones are getting murdered. It may not have happened to YOUR loved ones but I can almost bet if it did happen to someone you love - you would be screaming to the high hills to take action.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

We trained the guys that took out the old cartels that were run more like the mob, and then rather than do a dangerous job for pesos a week they took over.

It needs to be done but we cant do it overtly, but its once more a mess we made and while we should take care of it how is the hard question.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Another thing. Mexico doesn’t even have the death penalty. Strange for a country with so much death going around.

The vermin who murdered these innocent Americans deserve, imo, death.

So, is America going to go through all of that just to give Mexican murderers 20 years in prison?

Or will they allow our troops to take the murderers over to the American side and shoot them?

I mean, they’ll just escape any Mexican jail

Or another way to solve this

Make Mexica the 51st state
/facetious?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

We're talking organized crime bud and I am for limited strikes and operations to take them out.

Sorry bud, but if you think "limited" strikes will take out all the problems, you are even more silly than I thought.

What would you suggest?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

pretty fast I imagine. Though maybe some prisons might be converted to deal with drug treatment.

Some estimates say drug convictions increase prison population by 500%.

Private prisons may go the rehab route if incarceration rates drop.

Oh I'm sure most incarcerations are due to drugs usage. It's a huge problem. Putting them in facilities designed for drug addicts or rehab would be a step in the right direction.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Trump should start by asking why is our country the biggest drug importer and user on the planet.

The cartel are just following the money, supply and demand; capitalism.

Less Americans want drugs, less drugs cartels sell, less money they make, less money to buy guns (from America), less money to hire goons to kill people.

I'm sure I'm wrong here and Trump is right... On ats.. So,
Killing the cartels will solve the problem and in no way drugs are going to be sought and imported from elsewhere by drug users. Going to war with cartels will solve the problem... Maga.
edit on 5-11-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Read the books of ex-DEA super-agent Michael Levine. He documents how the CIA double-crossed him many times as they assisted in starting the drug epidemic.
michaellevinebooks.com...

It’s a perfect analog to the US terror creations

The best way to combat this may be to decriminalize drugs

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Trump should start by asking why is our country the biggest drug importer and user on the planet.

Less Americans want drugs, less drugs cartels sell, less money they make, less money to buy guns (from America), lessoney to hire goons to kill people.

I'm sure I'm wrong here and Trump is right... On ats.

LOL, it's Trump's fault Americans are using drugs.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Read the books of ex-DEA super-agent Michael Levine. He documents how the CIA double-crossed him many times as they assisted in starting the drug epidemic.
michaellevinebooks.com...

It’s a perfect analog to the US terror creations

The best way to combat this may be to decriminalize drugs

America's system works. Solve a problem we created.

We're the good guys!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Less Americans want drugs, less drugs cartels sell, less money they make, less money to buy guns (from America), lessoney to hire goons to kill people.

Where did you see its trumps fault there, or where did I even insinuate its trumps fault?

Mentalist... I mean Maga.

How quickly the E-lawyers jump to their gods defense... Even when it's not needed
edit on 5-11-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

a reply to: network dude

we are at war now? Holy sh!t, that was fast.

Keep up,

Not only are we at war, we are going to open asylums and give people free or not free drugs,
and weed, but not too much, but you some are prone to weed disease, and we are going to tax them, both the dealers, the users and asylums and the people using drugs twice, and then we are going to save human trafficked victims from other countries in Mexico.

Wheewww, hope I summed it for you.

I sure hope you are right. I don't want anyone to be hooked on the pot, or, heaven forbid, overdose on the stuff.

Overdoses are pretty rare.

Your typical weed user who snorts is usually pretty safe.

It's when you get to the boofers and intravenous users you run into overdoses... Or if they share needles they can transmit cooties.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, and am going off of old "Recue 911" episodes.

I once heard of a guy "freebasing" the stuff. can you imagine that? talk about living on the edge.

But I agree, we should give free needles to those who want to inject their pot. It's the humane thing to do.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Where did you see its trumps fault there, or where did I even insinuate its trumps fault?

Mentalist... I mean Maga.

How quickly the E-lawyers jump to their gods defense... Even when it's not needed

I must have imagined it. LOL

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: LSU2018
Mushrooms are naturally occurring as well. Nothing that alters your mind should be legal unless prescribed by a doctor. Again, just my opinion.

Yes, I know, we are all subject to the madness of authoritarianism at one time or another. Right now, you don't see how authoritarian that opinion is.

People should be free to do whatever they like, as long as they do not harm others, or put others in danger (driving under the influence falls under this category).

I have no problem with certain commercial products, like cigarettes, alcohol, etc, being regulated to a certain degree. E.g., not allowing sales to minors.

But for things that grow in the ground - no, the government doesn't have any business declaring someone a criminal for having some certain species of plant in their yard.

Good luck, man. People who think like that don't understand just how controlling their base nature really is. They will, however, have a cow if you suggest banning booze wholesale. And in that case, you're a freedom-hating tyrant for the suggestion. They truly cannot see just what kind of a massive hypocrite they are.

I couldn't care less if booze was banned. I don't drink.

I don't consider my base nature to be controlling simply because I don't think drugs should be legalized.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

less money to buy guns (from America)

Fun fact: there’s only one licensed gun shop in all of Mexico. All the guns the cartels have come from the U.S.

Along with all the money to buy them. It’s almost like Mexico doesn’t have a cartel problem, they have an America problem..

I’m sure bombing and killing Mexicans would help solve that though..

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join