It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls for 'war'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Mushrooms are naturally occurring as well. Nothing that alters your mind should be legal unless prescribed by a doctor. Again, just my opinion.

Yes, I know, we are all subject to the madness of authoritarianism at one time or another. Right now, you don't see how authoritarian that opinion is.

People should be free to do whatever they like, as long as they do not harm others, or put others in danger (driving under the influence falls under this category).

I have no problem with certain commercial products, like cigarettes, alcohol, etc, being regulated to a certain degree. E.g., not allowing sales to minors.

But for things that grow in the ground - no, the government doesn't have any business declaring someone a criminal for having some certain species of plant in their yard.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

we are at war now? Holy sh!t, that was fast.

Keep up,

Not only are we at war, we are going to open asylums and give people free or not free drugs,
and weed, but not too much, but you know some are prone to weed disease, and we are going to tax them, both the dealers, the users and asylums and the people using drugs twice, and then we are going to save human trafficked victims from other countries in Mexico.

Wheewww, hope I summed it for you.
edit on 5-11-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Ummm, guys?

Trump's not a dictator.

He can't just make a law decriminalizing drugs.

It would take an act of congress, and even then, not all states would agree.

So this talk of legalizing?

It's just mouth noise.

He's also not supposed to be able to wage war without congress... Yet here we are.

Well yes, but not in the context you're referring to.

Trump was just being silly when he said that

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Mushrooms are naturally occurring as well. Nothing that alters your mind should be legal unless prescribed by a doctor. Again, just my opinion.

Yes, I know, we are all subject to the madness of authoritarianism at one time or another. Right now, you don't see how authoritarian that opinion is.

People should be free to do whatever they like, as long as they do not harm others, or put others in danger (driving under the influence falls under this category).

I have no problem with certain commercial products, like cigarettes, alcohol, etc, being regulated to a certain degree. E.g., not allowing sales to minors.

But for things that grow in the ground - no, the government doesn't have any business declaring someone a criminal for having some certain species of plant in their yard.

Good luck, man. People who think like that don't understand just how controlling their base nature really is. They will, however, have a cow if you suggest banning booze wholesale. And in that case, you're a freedom-hating tyrant for the suggestion. They truly cannot see just what kind of a massive hypocrite they are.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I especially love the Legalize everything to "cut off" the supply chain, lmfao, they will simply re-orient and boom back in the game.

Now we get to systemically destroy ourselves from within, rotting from the very drugs we thought would choke the life force of Cartels.

Who doesn't enjoy a good smoke here and there? But let me tell you, if America can't handle OPIODS and y'all want to flood the whole market with more drugs, then thankfully none of you are in any position to push agenda nationally.
edit on 5-11-2019 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Ummm, guys?

Trump's not a dictator.

He can't just make a law decriminalizing drugs.

It would take an act of congress, and even then, not all states would agree.

So this talk of legalizing?

It's just mouth noise.

He's also not supposed to be able to wage war without congress... Yet here we are.

Hilarious.

I guess criticalstinker didn't see how, when Trump talked about leaving Syria, the whole of congress, aside from Paul, had a hissy fit.

Congress seems to be fine with wars, so long as they don't have to take responsibility for them.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I didn't say murder is the same as getting high. You said legalizing would fix the problems, so the subject is legalization as the solution. I'm telling you that legalizing doesn't fix problems, it piles them on.

If an addict wants to ruin their life by choosing to put drugs in their body then that's their choice and I'm fine with that. But what I'm not fine with is offering those drugs legally to them. What do I have to wear my seatbelt? It's my body. Why can't I drive recklessly? It's my body. Why can't I buy a large soda in NY? It's my body. Why can't I get in the cage with the tigers at the zoo? It's my body.

Rules and laws are put in place for the safety of you and those around you. If you want to destroy your body, you have to do it at your own risk and at the risk of being caught. If you don't want that risk, obey the rules and the law.

link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I very much enjoyed your summary of this thread.

God bless the CIA, NSA, and FBI agent with the duty of patrolling us... They're probably all like-

(Not pointed at any members, just a joke implying we have baby sitters who check on us)
Alright guys... We chased the spooks off. Everyone can speak freely now, we did it.

edit on 5-11-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Anyone who conflates weed with most other drugs is too ill informed to have a valid opinion.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

I guess criticalstinker didn't see how, when Trump talked about leaving Syria, the whole of congress, aside from Paul, had a hissy fit.

We're not in Syria anymore?

See what I did there

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

a reply to: LSU2018

Underwerks would rather see us offer kindness and hugs. Progs don't understand that violence is meant for these kinds of people and not for your fellow Americans who disagree with your ideology.

I’d rather see us do something that would actually solve the problem instead of without a doubt make it worse. Real life isn’t an 80’s action movie where you go in and take the bad guys out and everyone lives happily ever after.

That’s a fantasy. And it’s scary the President of the United States believes that type of fantasy to be reality.

You don’t want to solve the problem. You just want revenge.

The 80's reference makes no sense but I betcha a month's pay that I'll turn CNN or MSNBC on this evening and hear that exact same talking point. To no surprise of course.

Why do you believe that? I haven’t owned a TV in over 10 years.

You own a computer or a smart phone though. Those talking points you get come from all different platforms and originate from CNN, MSNBC, or Twitter.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I especially love the Legalize everything to "cut off" the supply chain, lmfao, they will simply re-orient and boom back in the game.

No drug user is going to buy higher-priced lower quality illegal drugs when they can legally go to the doctor and get it cheaper and better. No one in places where cannabis is legalized is going around buying crappy Mexican brick weed when they can just walk in a dispensary.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I find it funny that the people who are clutching pearls over the opioid crisis and want to sue doctors and pharmaceutical companies are also the same ones that say, meh, legalize it.

Its not just about legalizing it though, you've got to regulate it as well. That's the solution.

For example, you wouldn't just go and allow 98% pure meth to be legally available at your local 7/11... obviously!

But, if you made it legal for doctors to prescribe meth for the purpose of treating addiction, then at the same time allowed an amphetamine infused drink to be legally sold to recreational users that are over 18 at bars and bottle shops... Then you would eliminate the demand and potential profit that can be made from black market meth... which would essentially greatly reduce the motivation for illegally supplying it, in the first place.

Doctors prescribe Subutex for meth addicts. I've known 3 people who were prescribed Subutex for their addictions and it only made things worse for them. One girl, she worked with my wife, would wobble and go into a daze for 7 or 8 minutes at a time. It was sad really. Her boyfriend was on it too, but he didn't have the same reaction, most likely because he stayed active because he was a painter. Both of them got to the point where they would sneak off, chop it up and snort it for a quicker and harder effect. Treating addiction with another addiction doesn't work. They never ween themselves off of it.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

I'm giving you my opinion on legalization.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Underwerks would rather see us offer kindness and hugs. Progs don't understand that violence is meant for these kinds of people and not for your fellow Americans who disagree with your ideology.

I’d rather see us do something that would actually solve the problem instead of without a doubt make it worse. Real life isn’t an 80’s action movie where you go in and take the bad guys out and everyone lives happily ever after.

That’s a fantasy. And it’s scary the President of the United States believes that type of fantasy to be reality.

You don’t want to solve the problem. You just want revenge.

The 80's reference makes no sense but I betcha a month's pay that I'll turn CNN or MSNBC on this evening and hear that exact same talking point. To no surprise of course.

Why do you believe that? I haven’t owned a TV in over 10 years.

You own a computer or a smart phone though. Those talking points you get come from all different platforms and originate from CNN, MSNBC, or Twitter.

You’re projecting again. Not everyone gets their thoughts from TV news.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Doctors prescribe Subutex for meth addicts. I've known 3 people who were prescribed Subutex for their addictions and it only made things worse for them.

What are you talking about? Buprenorphine is only prescribed for opiate addiction. It has nothing to do with methamphetamine.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If it's going to be legalized then facilities need to be opened up and the drug addict or those wanting to experience the drugs need to pay to admit themselves, pay to get high, and then get released once they're sober again. That's keep them off the roads high.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Whelp, I had fun, I'm all for limited strikes against Cartels.

I am not for legalizing Drugs to cut off the "supply", only to poison our own citizens.

At this point in the thread, y'all are just entertaining an imaginary world.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: network dude

Keep up,

Not only are we at war, we are going to open asylums and give people free or not free drugs,
and weed, but not too much, but you some are prone to weed disease, and we are going to tax them, both the dealers, the users and asylums and the people using drugs twice, and then we are going to save human trafficked victims from other countries in Mexico.

Wheewww, hope I summed it for you.

I sure hope you are right. I don't want anyone to be hooked on the pot, or, heaven forbid, overdose on the stuff.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Whelp, I had fun, I'm all for limited strikes against Cartels.

I am not for legalizing Drugs to cut off the "supply", only to poison our own citizens.

At this point in the thread, y'all are just entertaining an imaginary world.

I’m enjoying hearing people that really have no knowledge about drugs or how they effect society try to explain why we should wage war on a neighboring country because of it.

Someone here actually just said Suboxone is prescribed for meth addiction.

Lol
edit on 5-11-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join