It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: ISIL confirms death of leader al-Baghdadi, names new chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I will assume that Al Jazeera is credible. So for once and for all this guy seems to be finally gone. Numerous other reports are mentioning his replacement. Here's the link. Your best bet to find out whats really going on is to go to the Arabic speaking newspapers in the Middle East and look at the war pictures. Cut and paste some of the headlines into Google translate. It allows for you to do an end around of all the USA propaganda.

Al Jazeera

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL or ISIS) armed group has confirmed the death of its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, announcing Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi as its new chief. Abu Hamza al-Qurayshi, ISIL's new spokesman, made the announcement on Thursday in an audio statement distributed by the group's media arm, al-Furqan, days after a weekend raid by US forces that resulted in al-Baghdadi's death.

"We mourn you ... commander of the faithful," he said, adding that ISIL's legislative and consultative body convened after the 48-year-old Iraqi-born chief's death. "The Islamic State shura council convened immediately after confirming the martyrdom of Sheikh Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, and the elders of the holy warriors agreed" on a replacement. READ MORE With Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi gone, what next for ISIL? The seven-minute statement did not provide any other details about the new leader and it was not immediately clear who the name was in reference to. ISIL usually identifies its leaders using noms de guerre that refer to their tribal affiliation and lineage. Those names often change. But the message called on the group's followers to pledge allegiance to the new leader, whose title indicates that he claims descent from the tribe of Prophet Muhammad. Belonging to the Quraysh tribe has been seen as a prerequisite for becoming a caliph - a brief biography of al-Baghdadi posted to online forums in 2014 had traced his lineage to the tribe.

edit on 5-11-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass I wander if the other leaders are making leaders out of the ones they don't like because the U. S. wacks them so easily. "Hey Mohammed the council made you the new leader." Mohammed, "Wait,......what?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
ISIL lol, reminds me of Obama.

ISIS the Islamic state Iraq Syria

They were lead to believe they would control both countries. Assad was supposed to be gone , but those damn Russians had his back.

I had a buddy in the navy...he said in iraq isis were the ones in control. And throughout Iraq there were smaller factions of isis that went by other names like ISIL and dash or whatever.

So he is readying bombs for the planes, listening to the mission and the orders handed down from Obama were to target ISIL.

Obama only spoke about targeting ISIL, a smaller faction of ISIS.
And my friend said for hours they would fly above ISIS and never lowed to make an attack. Only observation. He said for days and weeks planes would come back without firing 1 bomb.

When he learned Obama would never use the term ISIS,he was disgusted, but being and seeing what was going on in iraq made a lot of sense.

There was a long time period that ISIS could have been nipped early , but instead they were allowed to grow and soldiers had to watch in disbelief.

Thanks Obama

new topics

join