It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2019 Election Watch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
seems blevins in KY isnt conceeding yet not sure it will change anything but as of the time of this post the vote totals are

Blevins 707,297
and Beshear 711,955

dont see Blevins pulling anything off but pretty close margins

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
seems blevins in KY isnt conceeding yet not sure it will change anything but as of the time of this post the vote totals are

Blevins 707,297
and Beshear 711,955

dont see Blevins pulling anything off but pretty close margins

Bevins... not blevins.

Please tell me how it's justifiable for a popular vote.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

i am unsure if they have a "re count provision" and my bad on the spelling been posting a lot of places tonight

seems with all the dem fan fare about how great a victory kentucky was (even though it fits historical trends in the state) its still kind of funny watching them toot their horns over a few k votes

but were doing good in Mississippi ,won all but one race in kentucky and got kind of smashed in virginia senate and house (again 10 dems ran unopposed in senate races)

ceimn.org... edit to add the laws for kentucky recounts again i dont think it will change anything but could be of interest to some members
edit on 5-11-2019 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The true Dem victory is VA.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

yep guess they haven't held a majority in senate or house of va in over 20 years . which makes it even more odd 10 of those senate dems in VA ran Unopposed ,dont say this to give the dems crap mind you just kind of astouned in an entire state 10 whole senate seats were un opposed (guess there were a few in the house that republicans won un opposed too)

think the only reason the dems were focused on the KY "win" was they think tis a sign Mcconnel is at risk

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

yep guess they haven't held a majority in senate or house of va in over 20 years . which makes it even more odd 10 of those senate dems in VA ran Unopposed ,dont say this to give the dems crap mind you just kind of astouned in an entire state 10 whole senate seats were un opposed (guess there were a few in the house that republicans won un opposed too)

think the only reason the dems were focused on the KY "win" was they think tis a sign Mcconnel is at risk
I agree.

Liberal media is trying to drum up KY as some sort of massive win, truth is, they got themselves a shiny new Gov who is Moderate, beating an Unpopular candidate, which historically Repubs have never get back to back wins, additionally, Repubds maintain control of the House and Senate, an of course first time ever Black AG.

Mississiple was a Repub win as well.

Like I said, VA is the Dems true win tonight and from what I hear, the GOP just didn't step up to the plate and lost that one as a result.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Waffle.
Waffle.
Waffle.

Rationalize.
Rationalize.
Rationalize.

edit on 11/6/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
wow just checked the page for our local elections (flat head valley montana) only 17% voted........ out of 27k rough population....... flatheadbeacon.com...

Precincts Counted (of 6): 6 Registered Voters: 23,647 Ballots Cast: 4,160 Voter Turnout: 17.59 percent
this is actually kind of sad

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I just realized how off-topic this post is.

In other news, Democrats have full control of Virginia having won both the House, Senate and the Governor's races. They'll be the party in control when the redistricting maps get drawn in two years.

The Democratic candidate for Kentucky governor won the race against a wildly unpopular Republican incumbent.

Mississippi remains in control of the GOP with the victory of Tate Reeves, winning the vote 52-46.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Some other interesting things that came out of the Virginia election. Danica Roem, the first openly trans woman to win a seat in a state legislature, retained her seat. Kind of proves all those people wrong that claimed people only voted for her the first time because she was trans.

Meanwhile, Juli Briskman, the woman who was fired after an image of her giving the finger to Trump's motorcade went viral, won her bid for a seat on Loudoun County's Board of Supervisors ousting a Republican incumbent. Fun fact: Trump National Golf Club sits in Loudoun County.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So KY is interesting, the MSM is trying to push it as some big massive win, but dissecting it, several things come to mind and are considered.

Before the Trump rally, Bevin, wildy unpopular and KY historically never had a two term Govenor, was down 17 points, after the Trump rally, which brought attention to all those running in KY boosted Bevin to within .3 of his opponet, talk about Trump Nitro.

Indeed, 5 out of 6 of the KY statewide elections, Repubs won as well, to include history as a result of KY newest black AG.

As said earlier, VA was an absolute win for the Dems and total crushing defeat for the GOP there, I even heard constituents on twitter remarking how terrible the GOP didn't seem to really pushing to get elected there.

Suck it up folks, odd election timing, but we won some, lost some.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

"Before the Trump rally, Bevin, wildy unpopular and KY historically never had a two term Govenor, was down 17 points"

I think this was just one poll that was an outlier. So the spin is that Trump helped him gain almost 20 points is simply untrue. I hate when the MSM tries to spin in either direction that state elections have any significant on national politics. All politics are local so saying that these specific elections are an indicator of the Democrats winning in 2020 is foolish.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Meanwhile, Juli Briskman, the woman who was fired after an image of her giving the finger to Trump's motorcade went viral, won her bid for a seat on Loudoun County's Board of Supervisors ousting a Republican incumbent. Fun fact: Trump National Golf Club sits in Loudoun County.

Ah... where's the popcorn?!!

I don't know that a single person on that board will have much power over anything... still, rather interesting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join