It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Hard can you Hit a Golf Ball?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Heres a fun video for you golfers out there... and pretty much anyone that likes to see pretty cool stuffs

How hard can you hit a golf ball?

Been golfing for most of my life, and can clear 300 yards with a driver... but what IF you slammed a rocket on the back of your driver?

Now what IF you blasted the ball through a pressurized tube?

How about 500Mph?

In slow motion its amazing what a golf ball can do!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Rocket Golf

Because its slightly relevant

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Thats pretty cool.

We had one of those three man water balloon slingshots in Khobar towers......someone found a golf ball.....5th floor. Mmmmhmmm.

a reply to: Akragon

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Wow that is so cool! I never drove one 300 yards, but i still enjoyed being out on the link's! Let's see "how hard can i hit a golf ball?" I'm pretty sure i could flatten one with a 10 lb maul LOL

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
i have had a golf ball @ MACH 1.0 + it deffo created a supersonic " crack " - with a 2.5m barrel - 300 bar silicone sheet " waqdding " and 05ml of mineral oil
all attempts to film what happened to the balls - were a fail - and we never found any trace of the ones we fired at a distance - but we could blast one through a 3.2mm steel plate at 20m

turning the pressure down - we had " reliable " accuracy - out to 1200m and they embedded themselves in fairways greens and bunkers -

there may have been an inquiry into the matter

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Someone I know 3d printed some sabots for golfballs that would fit a potato gun.

At 800yds it punched clean through the port-o-potty and the ez-go wheel that was behind it.

We knew it was a hit from the growing blue stain.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Lmao. I never thought of that. I built a couple that fit tennis balls. Mainly to remove squirrel nests..,allegedly.

a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Not a golfer my father use to give himself free balls hitting them so far they would land in the shop parking lot behind the range

I got a 4500 psi air compressor bet i could get one to break the sound barrier easy

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I've never played the game but I hit a golf ball with a heavy club so hard I never saw where it went.
Its probably common I guess they are tiny and blend in with the sky easily.
I might have been a bit lucky to connect with it like that with no practice other than mini golf.

top topics

join