It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOOM: Burisma Plead With US State Dept For Help, Invoked Hunter Biden

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: tanstaafl

Thanks for the backup Tansie.

I have the back of everyone who sees this impeachment sham for what it truly is - the culmination of a 3 yr long Witch Hunt against the first President in my lifetime who says what he means, means what he says, understands the difference between liberty and tyranny, and actually wants to make America great again.

Glad to have you on board, Gryph!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Said negotiating is supposed to be of benefit to the United States of America and be about the USA.

It absolutely 100% was.

The President was making sure that the newly elected President of Ukraine was going to make good on his campaign promises of rooting out corruption before handing him almost half a billion dollars.

Are you seriously suggesting it would be a good thing to hand that much money over to a bunch of crooks who are just going to use it for personal enrichment?

Not about your personal re election campaign and how it can benefit you.

So, I guess it is a good thing President Trump didn't do that.

Or... if you think he did, by all means, point to the words in the transcript that mention his campaign.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
BREAKING from John Solomon...

NOT looking too good for the Bidens...

Testimony bombshell: Obama foreign aid agency tried to partner with Hunter Biden's Ukrainian gas firm. State official blocked it over corruption concerns

Media tried to portray the Ukraine stories as conspiracy theories. But in one week we now have confirmed Hunter Biden got VIP access at State. His company used it to try to quash corruption allegations just before VP Biden got prosecutor fired.
And US Embassy in Kiev DID pressure Ukraine prosecutors to drop certain cases, including one against a Soros group. It’s time for the MSM to correct its reporting and give America the truth.

johnsolomonreports.com... rruption-concerns/

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite
Welcome to politics across the board, again this isn't just democrats this is a bipartisan issue.

Politicians and their wealthy cohorts frequently avoid prosecution despite being overtly guilty or complicit in facilitating crime because If legal representation were to be equal and aggressive it would mean systematic corruption would get buried in litigation immediately.

This would cause a international crisis as those involved would be jailed leaving a huge void in our own economic structure along with the rest of the world. Thanks to the revolving door between corporations and governments vast international networks would crumble driving most nations into distrust and depressions.

Both Biden and Trump are guilty by the standards we are held to in the court of law but to get them we would be opening a can of worms that would drive us into the deep end, the only solution is to break it down and rebuild it piece by piece when the opportunity presents itself and to do this we need to institute the tools to prevent corruption in the information pipeline and the ability to collect and institute change as a nation undivided by propaganda and political affiliation.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Yeah, he called you a hypocrite for your obvious hypocrisy.

I've been down this rabbit hole too many times, what's one more going to hurt?

All foreign policy is extortion of some sort (at least by your definition). We call it deal making or diplomacy, but lets be honest here, the US holds all of the cards. The adversary in our diplomacy has to decide how seriously the US wants what it's asking for because if they REEEEAAAAALLLY want it, they're going to get it. Whether that is by "diplomacy" or force is the only real say the other country has in the matter.

With that established here are the facts:
1) Joe biden bragged about having the head prosecutor in ukraine fired.
2) Said prosecutor has submitted sworn testimony that he was fired for looking into joe biden/burisma
3) Trump said to zelenskyy: "The other thing, there's a lot of talk about biden's son, that biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the attorney general would be great."

Those facts are indisputable. Where each of them leads is the only unknown. Now if everything biden did was above water, then why is the prosecutor saying otherwise? Is he a liar? Conversely, if the prosecutor is a liar then won't an investigation bear that out?

Next, who sets foreign policy? The president. It is one of his constitutional duties. The congress can weigh in on treaties and many formal acts but foreign policy is in the hands of the president. That's not disputable (article 2, section 2, clause 4 of the constitution). So if trump decides our foreign policy in ukraine is going to be exposing corruption between our two countries, he has that authority. Even if such a policy would benefit his campaign immensely. Remember, obama announced our afghanistan pull out in july of 2012. Why? To benefit his re-election. Then in 2014 (another election year, surprise!) he announced we would be pulling all of our combat troops out over the next two years. Both moves were heavily criticized as bad strategically, and partisan moves. No one suggested it was illegal for him to do that.

Now, the idea that trump can't focus our foreign policy in ukraine on our own involvement in their corrupt practices is asinine. It's his duty to set our foreign policy according to the constitution. Furthermore, biden invited this investigation with his bragging about getting the prosecutor fired.

Finally, trump is not demanding a result. At no point does he tell the president of ukraine what to do or what to find. He simply asks him to work with AG barr on getting to the bottom of what happened. He doesn't ask for dirt. He doesn't ask the president to give him the information, he tells him to work with barr if he can.

One other note. An extortion scheme requires the party being extorted to know what they're missing out on by not complying with the extorting party's requests. Not only that, to be extorted it must be your property (or person/loved one) that I'm using to get what I want from you. Imagine I steal your shoes at the gym, unbeknownst to you. Then later I ask you for a favor with no mention of the shoes (implied or otherwise). I have not extorted you. I have stolen from you and asked you for a favor but I have not extorted you. I would need to let you know I had your shoes and to get them back you'd need to comply. In the alleged "quid pro joe" trump was not using their property to get what he wanted from them, he was using ours. So that shoe simply doesn't fit. Bribery has a similar flaw. Bribery requires personal gain. Trump was using public aid to get a public investigation for the public good. Even if zelenskyy had accepted such a "bribe" (which didn't happen) it would not be a bribe.

Consider that obama forced ukraine to create an entire anti-corruption organization and dictated who would run it and refused to give them aid unless they did so. Then once ukraine complied obama used it to fabricate (yes, fabricate) dirt on paul manafort in the form of the black ledger. Tell me, should obama be in jail? Or should trump be for wanting to look into whether that was actually just obama being corrupt?

I keep thinking I'm done then I think of more double standards. If it's a big no-no for trump to want to look into whether biden was corruptly acting in ukraine (because politics), why isn't it a big no-no for house dems to want to look into whether trump was corruptly acting in ukraine (because politics)? IOW, if you believe the impeachment investigation is a legitimate use of congressional power then you have to believe trump's request was a legitimate use of executive power. And if you believe that then there is no basis for the impeachment investigation.
edit on 11-11-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Consider that obama forced ukraine to create an entire anti-corruption organization and dictated who would run it and refused to give them aid unless they did so.

Did Obama do it for his own personal gain? To put a political opponent in a vise one year before an election and make things easier for himself?

Trump did this for the good of the country - right?

Because he loves us

:-)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

John Solomon claims that Joe Biden got Viktor Shokin fired.

That is all I need to know not to listen to John Solomon.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Joe biden claims joe biden got Shokin fired.

Is that also all you need to know to not listen to joe biden?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Trump did this for the good of the country - right?

Because he loves us

:-)

Isn’t there some scary-ass music that goes along with that?

*shiver*

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I don’t listen to Joe Biden so I have no idea what you’re talking about.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Thank you for confirming you dont look at the material people have provided or even inform yourself on the most basic level on a topic before commenting on it.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Recipe for an ignorant life

Don't be that guy ^^^^^^^

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I don’t now, did Obama do it for personal gain?

Instead of having your gut feeling trump did it for personal reasons, and Obama did it for great legitimate reasons

Why don’t we investigate why Obama and Biden used an admitted quid pro quo?

edit on 12-11-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The post you’re responding to may have been a bit of an inside jest.

The Three Monkeys is almost always wise advice though; my thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
NM
edit on 12-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Instead of having your gut feeling trump did it for personal reasons, and Obama did it for great legitimate reasons

My gut?

My gut tells me that Donny has been in court - like, a lot

An awful gosh darn lot

Like - since the 80s!

Did you not know any of that?

But, yeah - this doesn't sound like Trump. He's probably innocent

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yes we know the left thinks they should be the only ones who can determine guilt or innocnece

As long as you know trump has bad motivtaions, he must be guilty

as long as you know Obama and biden had good motivations, they are innocent and any investigation of them is criminal.

Meanwhile the rest of us in the real world would like more than your gut feeling on who is innocent or guilty.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I am not even kidding Grambler. Trump is not a mystery

His history is a hot mess. Funny - do you think the fake news went back in time just to screw the MAGA folk over here in the present?

Ha!

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join