It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Night terrors" and my story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Let me just say that this is my first time posting on a forum, so if I make any mistakes forgive me.

Anyway, As a christian I believe that Demons do in fact exist and that it is not uncommon for people to have expeiriences with them. I am currently 16 and have been seeing demons for all of my life. It all started around the age of 10, I woke up one night and felt something, a presence almost. I moved the covers away from my eyes and witnessed the most horrifying, spine-tingling thing in my life. There It was standing in my open door way, staring at me. It was a gray, aound 5 foot 6. It continued to stare at me as I was frozen in fear unable to move or even scream. I finally mustered the strength to call for my mom and put my head under my blanket. She came running in panicked, asking what was wrong. I told her what I had seen and she immidiatly began to pray with me. I went to the doctor the following week and he told me that I was expeiriencing night terrors and told me that there are many others who have shared expeiriences like mine. My mom however told me that this was not the case. She too has had expeiriences similar to mine for most of her life and even occasionally on the same night that I did. She told me that these demons could not hurt me and that Christ Jesus had given all of us the power over these demons. She said that I could use christ's name to command these demons to leave. The next time I had another encounter I found the strength to command the demon to leave. It worked, and whenever they would visit me I would order them to leave. I wrote this in hopes that maybe this might help those of you who are being terrified by things that are not of this world. You are not helpless you have the power to stop them.

As Jesus said "And I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk along snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing can injure you" Luke 10:17

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I have Night Terrors aswell, but I've seen things such as buildings collapsing and creatures I've never seen before.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hmmm...I don't think this really belongs in Cryptozoology. I can't make up my mind whether or not it belongs in the UFO forum or the Paranormal forum since you talk about Greys aka Zeta Reticulans.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Reptilian_Queen]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yah i've had Night Terrors myself, there is nothing abnormal about them. Your brain is still developing at that age, which is apparently the most frequent time of your life to have Night Terrors. So if you were to ask me its an overactive brain, pumping a bit too much melatonin into your brain.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Fortunately, I have never experienced Night Terrors so I guess I'm not a very magnetic person or I'm just lucky.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have been experiencing the same thing for over a year now, I even posted about it but someone moved it to Medical forum.

Originally I would be paralyzed and not see anything except the normal environment of my bedroom.

In the last month I have seen brief glimpses of a being but can not recall what it looks like once I am able to move and speak again.

I also found that by speaking or thinking of God or Jesus it helps me to break free.

Also I have been praying before I go to bed and they have not occurred in the last couple of days.

I think that is the solution, at least for me.

I don't know if God is intervening directly or if just by thinking of him gives you the strength to break free on your own.

Thanks for bringing this up, I am sure it will help others.

BTW welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
sometimes I get 'sleep paralysis', which I guess is the same as night terrors. It's basically when you wake up paralyzed and your mind plays tricks. I always see what looks like a silhouette of something that is pushing me down into the bed. I try to speak but the words don't want to come out of my mouth. But after a few minutes it's all over. It's a really frightening experience but I don't usually lose any sleep after it's over. I had them most often when I was a pre-teen.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by alexia]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hmm, I'm glad to have found this, I've just started to have night terrors, or rather have just started to know that they are night terrors.
I've had dreams where I feel an evil presence as well.
Just a while ago I was in a dream where I felt my self bound, it was like I was being held from the back with arms holding me tight. I remember myself in just an empty "whiteness", floating there, with an evil force infront of me, yet binding me from the back (weird). I as well had to command it to go away, using the authority of Jesus' name, and it did. When I commanded it to go away I felt it release me in my dream, but I then woke up and was still bound for a second but then felt it release again.
The other night I had another wild dream, but at the end it, it was as if my eyes were open, because I was in my room as it perfectly is, and I saw a small black demon about 3 feet tall run into my room next to me causing me to freak out and become fully wake. Oddly, my brother talked to me the next morning, and told me about a dream he had with demons in it. I thought that was very strange. This is why I have a hard time believing that it is ONLY a medical condition.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm lucky in that I have never had a night terror, but I do suffer from sleep paralysis, complete with the halucinations, from time to time.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I don't know if you'd call them night terrors or sleep paralysis, but I've had some experiences, none lately. The most notable is the first when I was just a lad and woke up one night but couldn't move. The shadowy figure at the foot of my bed didn't help the situation at all. Another was when I was in the Coast Guard and yes, I admit it, I fell asleep on watch. Hey, I was a young seaman ok. I had went below to the galley and turned on the tv for some late night entertainment and then eventually fell fast asleep. Then I woke up and could not move. To make things worse is the fact that I felt, no, I knew someone else was there. Now if you have ever been in the military then you know how terrorizing it would be to be caught asleep on watch.

I have come to believe that some how these instances were my subconscious punishing me. Then again I could be wrong. I do remember the first experience was the night after some buddies and I had found some playboys. I could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I remember a very strange sleep paralysis episode I had were I had just laid down for bed about 2 minuets later I was paralyzed, struggling to move scared half to death I lost consciousness then woke up in the living room right by my sliding glass door that leads to my balcony.

I am not sure how much time had elapsed, to scared to think.

I laid awake the rest of the night afraid to close my eyes.

That was by far one of the scariest things to happen to me in my life.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I get up and I start yelling when I see something. I don't loose any sleep, because while this is happening I am asleep.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Had them every night of my life for the first 16-17 years. Especially when I was putting a lot of time into studying demons and the paranormal. I learned that researching those things increases your awareness of their existence, and also your likelyhood of an incident, or being affected or contacted. I believe this had a strong effect on my dreams, which were bad enough already. Wasnt until I stopped caring what these things could do to me, and just resigned myself to the fact that if I was going down, it wasnt going to be peaceful. I started to attack instead of run night after night, and on the nights when I could realize that we were in MY world, I could change the rules and do whatever I want. Once I started beating them, they all went away. On rare occasions I still get one, maybe wake up screaming at the top of my lungs, but almost never. Virtually all of my dreams are quite violent though. I just usually win...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
night terrors is another name for the thread i started on 'sleep paralysis'... just a another term for it.. check my thread. ive been there done that, dont get it anymore.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i dont really have night terrors but i felt as if i shoudl post here

when i sleep mostly ever night i have dreams of demons comeing to me hundreads of them not doing any thing but watching me as if guards the look out for me all my life i have seen demons not little 3 feet tall Imps or grey demons but demons of mythogalc scall 5 to 7 feet tall wings claws eyes rangeing from any color to black they stand over me when i sleep they walk with me when i walk i have gone to church before and they have stood in side with me out side the windows siting beside me i have hade many a pastor look at me in terror and tell me i was possed and he nor any pastor choudl even help me i have been cast out of churches all my life for being a satanist but i am not i do not worship the devil i do not soummon demons they follow me and only in tell recently that i have learned i can tell them what to do if i ask one to leave me alone while i pee they do they stand out side my bath room..... one of the weiredest things i have asked is i asked my freind if he chould let me try some thing i asked a demon to scare him in his sleep to not harm but to scare the next day my freind was pissed at me and said to never do that again later when he was not so mad i asked what hade happend and he said a demon came to him in his dreams and killed him over and over again he said he choudl feel the pain ever time his claws racked across his fleash dirping hsi blood all over there was no blood in his room or any marks to prove he hade done it but when i got home i noticed a letter on my desk that i have never told any one about it was a letter wirten in blood ...

i found out later that no pyshical harm hade befalen my freind it hade all been a dream but a dream i hade brough to him by a demon ....

it is all the better now i still have them here with me at all times i can not very well see them but feel them a prescence that follows me day to day night to night soem times ppl will stare or feel odd about me but over the years i have come to be used to it they have never harmed me not once in my life in fact they have saved me more often then i can count.....

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am not sure that this would even fit in this topic or not but since you are talking about night terrors I would think that it is ok to post here. My daughter had suffered from extreme night terrors for the first three years of her life. I am talking about averaging 4 to 5 times a week of constant crying, screaming and me trying my hardest to figuire out what was wrong. When she was old enough to start talking, she would scream out loud with her nigh terrors things to this extent : My feet my burning, help me I cant walk, the blisters hurt so badly. My hands and my body are burning. There was on several occassion when she was yelling this in the middle of the night to a point where I had to literally put ice on her feet not knowing where to put it as she was yelling this to me while I am holding her and me seeing a normal feet that were not bleeding and blistered, it was a very difficult time period for me. I was horrified that my daughter could scream these awful things at night and yet not be awake and to such an extent that when she awoke in the morning, she literally couldnt walk because whatever she was dreaming about she actually felt. I had spoken to my doctor about this and to my surprise, the doctor told me that because my daughter is so young her soul is remembering things from her past life and because her mind is still at a stage of not denying what she is thinking as alot of us do when we get older, she has nightmares about this. I have never believed anything like this before, I am a firm believer in god and all about going to heavan but I dont believe that when we die, we come back in this life as someone else. I just always believed that our life here was a one shot deal and once you died, you went to heavan and waited there for your loved ones. Now I am convinced that my daughter was here in a previous life and that she had died from being in a fire, although I will never know that whole story about this as my daughter no longer remembers anything and has outgrown night terrors, it was something that I do not ever want to experience again as i could see the physical effects that it had on her even though she didnt experience it in this lifetime. To me, this is a truly phenominal experience.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
In Reply to Vash
I find your story very intriging, I have never heard anything like this before. Have you ever been involved in anything occult related? (I.E quiji boards, Palm reading, fortune telling) I had a cousin who became posessed by a demon after becoming a palm reader. I find it disgusting that a preacher would turn away someone who is in need of help. Someone in his position should know that god has the power to help anyone. The bible does speak of spiritual warfare between angels and demons, but Im not sure why demons would help you. Also your descriptions of demons really confuse me, they seem more peaceful and obedient. Maybe they were angels, who knows what they really look like.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
i have this all my life since i can reamber there has been demons by my side i have hade many a plam reading and pyshic reading most of them get scared and wish they hade never seen me or talked to me some do talk most most dont even tell me what they have seen...

one pastor did try to help me once he talked to me for a while in private it was when i was younger i choudl feel as if my ( demons) were there with me in the room as the pastor was sweating he tryed for what seemd liek a hour praying over me as i there i reamber ( i was very young so its kinda fuzy now) him saying save this child etc etc but in the end he gave up he was coverd in sweat i reamber thinking it wasent hot in side it was cool but then again it may have been some thing else

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I find it interesting that you bring up the word imp, and saying how the demons you see aren't small like imps but big. I had a dream a while ago where I saw this big demon around 8 feet tall rolling around, with a tree trunk trapping its feet, so it had to roll around frantically, trying to move. But, in my dream my father was next to me, and I asked him what it was, and he replied "It's just an imp." He basically told me that this thing was nothing but a small little pathetic demon.. but it didn't look harmless. The weird thing about the dream is that it was so structured, and I don't normally associate "imp" with demon... and it was ironic how it was called such.

Ya know, Vash, I would like to talk with you personally. I must say that the demons which attack me aren't nice. They slander me and others all day long. I don't see them, but I hear them through thoughts, provoking me. The other night I am convinced that I saw one run into my room. Know how you say you feel them following you around.. I feel that. But it isn't nice. And I know for certain im not posessed, and I don't understand why pastors and stuff have been afraid and kicked you out and stuff. I just know that demons aren't nice, but that they can appear as such. To a small child, I could easily pretend to be a hero, manipulating circumstances to make me look good, while I wasn't at all, only pretending to save the day with a problem I caused in the first place. I speak with confidence about demons because of my father. He has dealt with them in the past.

One lady once came into this church my father was at. When he tried speaking to her, he relized that she was possesed. That night, my father heard the woman's voice change 8 times into different mens voices. After hours and hours, he sent the demons away one by one, by the authority of Christ Jesus, until they finally all left. But before they were all gone, he asked them their names, he thought they would have some fancy names like "Vezelor" or something.. but one of them called itself "Pride", not what he had expected. After that experience, the woman was fine. But later that night they tried again to get into her... but that was dealt with as well by removing a certain thing which had been given to her, a thing which had been used in occultic practices. They never returned after that.

Ok, I know this may be long.. but I have one more story explaining things. My father met this man recently through a church event. This man explained to my father how he was sent to a certain country to convert Christians to his religion. While at that country he was caught with fake passports and put in jail. While in jail he became a powerful figure to others around him. But you see, he explained to my Dad how he gained powers from these un-seen creatures. He had the power to put curses on people, making them sick, and knowing stuff about people, things like that. But a time came when he felt the creatures trying to get into him... like they were pressing down onto him, trying to overpower him. He became afraid and went into a huge depression, the darkest moment of his life. The things which were enabling him to do things were suddenly turning on him. At his most darkest point he questioned god, and angry, asked why such things were happening to him. At that moment he heard a voice say "Call on Jesus". He said to my father that when you are drowning, and a rope is thrown at you, you take it, so he did. And when he called out to Jesus, the blackness and forces against him went away instantly.

One of my points Vash, is that these demons give power to people for a time, but then take advantage of their foot-hold later. When the door is opened, they'll take their first chance to get in. I hope you find what I'm saying is true.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Nice point dekko, demons are to never be trusted. They may help you one day, and damn you the next. My family has also had expeiriences like that of your father. My mother had a distant cousin who became involved with palm reading. She got her powers to see the future from the demons,and then was posessed by them. She began to turn colors, speak in multiple voices and convulse violently. Eventually they were casted out using Jesus's name, and she dropped anything occult related completly. The fact is that something as "Harmless" as a quiji board can turn to a bad situation fast.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join