It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petty Crime in your area

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: LiquidCrystalz

I can relate to what you just wrote , But i am shocked at how easy American people just roll over and allow this to happen in
their hoods , I would never suggest following the cops home at the end of the shift to find out where they stay or getting to the local postman/woman for info and scaring them with a little note ditto with the crims they have to sleep somewhere , balaclavas and baseball bats are cheap on Amazon or Ebay and try and prove anything in court with a balaclava on [wink ]

Do not lick the letter or get the dog to do it either as DNA but if the policeman wife were to get a letter about what hubby is up to with ladies of the night ,well what goes round and all that .

I live somewhere quiet and small also in the UK ,Yes we do have petty crime , shoplifting and minor things but people kick back if someone they know gets burgled or hurt in any way , some joker moved in few doors away and had visitors that stood out as not local and before you know it heavily armed cops were at his door and he got busted as a safe house in what we call county lines drug dealing and it was a blast to watch Brit cops all tooled up like it was a shoot them up kids game
yet my other neighbor 2 doors away sells MJ nobody cares or bats a eye lid at the steady stream of folk because it does not bring crime like hard drugs do .

Cause chaos with a tin of spray paint in noticeable places late one night xxxxx is a grass , Frighten your local governor and police chief from afar , they have weaknesses just like anyone else , the kids and wife failing that just get a few nutters drunk and go with the petrol bombs and you will have a quiet orderly life again

Winked and Starred.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: drussell41

a reply to: drussell41

I live in Canada

No kidding? Your farmers can't have weapons to defend themselves against wildlife up there? Your wildlife can be much worse than that found in Nebraska.

Holy crap.

They can have guns for wildlife but you can’t shoot it at a human intruder.

I live in Canada too. On a farm.

I'll be judged by 12 before I'm carried by 6. Period. Law or not...

You have every right to feel that way. What did you think of the Stanley/Boushie case in Saskatchewan ?
thestarphoenix.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: drussell41

a reply to: drussell41

I live in Canada

No kidding? Your farmers can't have weapons to defend themselves against wildlife up there? Your wildlife can be much worse than that found in Nebraska.

Holy crap.

They can have guns for wildlife but you can’t shoot it at a human intruder.

I live in Canada too. On a farm.

I'll be judged by 12 before I'm carried by 6. Period. Law or not...

You have every right to feel that way. What did you think of the Stanley/Boushie case in Saskatchewan ?
thestarphoenix.com...

Wow that's a very interesting case that I hadn't even heard of here in Ontario.

That one is a hard call.

He claims the gun went off accidentally as he was reaching over Boushie to shut the vehicle off.

If Boushie pointed the gun at him, or drove the SUV towards his wife in a threatening matter, then I think he should have justifiably shot him. But that isn't what he claims so makes it fuzzy...

I think he should have been charged with Manslaughter in this case. IMHO

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Crazy thing is I can't trust myself with these kind of situations anymore.

I started a thread not long ago about how easy it is to get caught up in the judgemental trap. It is so darn easy to sit back and make that judgment call, when it is not you, your home, or your family at risk.

I live in the woods, in a fairly remote area with only a few neighbors. There is really no reason for anyone to be out here unless they are visiting me or one of my neighbors, any other reason usually means they are up to no good. While I have nothing that I feel is worth another person's life, I am not willing to risk the life of my family in hopes that they will just take things and be on their way.

I pray I never have to make the call that Gerald Stanley had to make. Even if found innocent, it would be a call I would have to live with the rest of my life, and I would not wish it on anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join