It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petty Crime in your area

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

We have the same issues here.
It revolves around addiction issues here though

It’s gotten so bad that today in the paper, the paramedics are asking for body armour when having to deal with the low lives.
Paramedics request body armour
edit on 4-11-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz
I tried the site (neighborhoodscout.com) and it wants me to buy a subscription to get the stats. Talk about petty crime!

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
I tried the site (neighborhoodscout.com) and it wants me to buy a subscription to get the stats. Talk about petty crime!

That site is weird, sometimes if you just google your city it will do it for free, but if you go to the site directly you have to subscribe.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

That site is weird, sometimes if you just google your city it will do it for free, but if you go to the site directly you have to subscribe.

Hey, it worked by DuckDucking it! Here's the result of my town. I live in a red county.

Edit to add this:

edit on 11-4-2019 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
After eight years of obiwamba many minorities, and those who identify with them, have been made bolder to the point they believe they are entitled to this behavior and the rest of society owes them a get-out-of-jail-free card. This is exemplified by the social rant, "Mothers of black men should not have to worry about them getting shot every time they rob a liquor store." Robbing the liquor store is a given. Its the consequences they disagree with.
edit on 4-11-2019 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
From what I've read via the news around Grand Rapids & it's suburbs here, the most rampant thing going on is cell phone store break-ins, and the neighborhoods they're in are all over the income ranges.

I'd have to surmise that rural crime upticks are probably more related to drugs than economy. I know up here, most petty theft is related to meth or heroin addicts looking to get money for their next fix. Well, with the exception of the cell phone store break-ins, that's teenagers just being thieving little s#s. Those kids have been around forever, even when I lived in rural FL (the "problem kids" used to break into the rural Winn-Dixie we had in town at night and steal international calling cards & beer)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Is this a sign of the downturn of the economy. I remember something similar in 2008 very clearly. The underbelly of society starts acting up and then the rest of the dominoes start falling.

Organized retail crime has been a multi-billion dollar a year industry for years so no, its not new. There are people who make their “living” from stealing thousands of dollars of merchandise in 90 seconds and then selling it. There are drug users who fund their habit with theft. There are pawn shops who will happily take stolen merchandise and pretend they don’t know it’s stolen so they can turn a profit. There are gangs who have figured out they spend less time in jail, if any time at all, by using theft to fund their activities rather than selling drugs. Or they use theft to fund their drug purchases. Or they’ve simply diversified their money making activities.

Couple that with more and more localities taking a soft stance on what they deem “petty crime” and the writing is on the wall.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I can't wait to never spend another night within an hours drive of the city.

Around here rural crime has gone way up in the last decade... and it’s scary. Carloads of drunken gang members looking to steal ATV’s, other vehicles, gas.. pretty much anything they can get their hands on and they are often armed.

They target rural areas because the wait time for police is ridiculously long. Many farmers are frightened for their lives, and worried for the safety of their family, as they have no recourse to legally protect themselves with a gun.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

They target rural areas because the wait time for police is ridiculously long. Many farmers are frightened for their lives, and worried for the safety of their family, as they have no recourse to legally protect themselves with a gun.

It's the same here, except we can use guns to protect ourselves.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Organized retail crime has been a multi-billion dollar a year industry for years so no, its not new.

Crime is not new, where crime occurs sometimes is. Where I live for example has pretty much been crime free.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Organized retail crime has been a multi-billion dollar a year industry for years so no, its not new.

Crime is not new, where crime occurs sometimes is. Where I live for example has pretty much been crime free.

Okay? What you described is likely organized retail crime, and you asked if it’s a sign of an economic downturn, which is what I addressed. No need to argue for the sake of arguing.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Everyone should be allowed to protect themselves and their property with a gun. You must live in a gun-free area.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Everyone should be allowed to protect themselves and their property with a gun. You must live in a gun-free area.

It’s not really a gun free area. You need a license and they are given out for hunting. You’re in deep doodoo if you shoot at trespassers...even if your life is in danger.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Okay? What you described is likely organized retail crime, and you asked if it’s a sign of an economic downturn, which is what I addressed. No need to argue for the sake of arguing.

Not trying to argue but I'm also allowed an opinion. I think people are quick to brush things off as this or that when there could be deeper things going on.
The reason I mentioned economic downturn is because I've seen the exact same thing happen in 2007/8 in no/low crime areas. Seriously, the exact same type of crimes. The economy was as good as can be, housing prices were at an all time high, people were spending like crazy. Then.... it started to slow...

It all starts off with shoplifting and car break ins.

Maybe is has nothing to do with the economy, maybe it is just drugs and crime rings, Maybe it is all three.
We'll see.

If it is the economy and these are the early rumblings, here is how it will go down. First the petty crime. Then layoffs, then more layoffs, then companies closing. We'll hear about some random people losing their crap and committing workplace violence. Then housing prices will drop like rock. Then more crime, drugs and desperation.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It’s not really a gun free area. You need a license and they are given out for hunting. You’re in deep doodoo if you shoot at trespassers...even if your life is in danger.

Then I'd buy the strongest pepper spray known to man. Being blinded by a chemical that makes it hard to breathe is a viable deterant to all but the most cranked up tweekers.

Even though our upscale, progressive, liberal village is accessible to townies, everyone I know has a shotgun and a couple of pistols. Crime free except for the occasional drunk DUI and seatbelt violations. Thinking libs are all anti 2nd amendment is such BS.
edit on 4-11-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Petty crime and shop lifting eh? I wish that's all I had to contend with. I'm two blocks north of Detroit. Every time I go to the store after dark I have to worry about some idiot with an IQ of 70 sticking a gun in my face. I smoke outside I hear gunshots every night.
edit on 4-11-2019 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I used areavibes.com.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

So we should base the health of our entire economy on one poster's local shoplifting issues? That's pretty funny.

Of course not, but I think trends are important and can show us a lot more than what's just at the surface.
I also have a hunch it's not just my area.

Same here in my area. Lots more petty crime here in the last year. I have also noticed there are more and more ghetto people moving into my small town from the Chicago area. They are selling drugs. Thus more people in this town are getting hooked on drugs thus petty crime goes up.

It's only going to get worse as more and more of the ghetto scum societal cancer moves in. Looks like I'll be moving again within a few years. Next time I'm moving out into the country.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

So we should base the health of our entire economy on one poster's local shoplifting issues? That's pretty funny.

Of course not, but I think trends are important and can show us a lot more than what's just at the surface.
I also have a hunch it's not just my area.

Same here in my area. Lots more petty crime here in the last year. I have also noticed there are more and more ghetto people moving into my small town from the Chicago area. They are selling drugs. Thus more people in this town are getting hooked on drugs thus petty crime goes up.

It's only going to get worse as more and more of the ghetto scum societal cancer moves in. Looks like I'll be moving again within a few years. Next time I'm moving out into the country.

The hoodrats are fleeing Chicago. The violence is so bad, many leave as soon as they scrounge up the resources. Many move to smaller cities like in Iowa, Indiana, or Wisconsin. Can't blame them. Unfortunately, they tend to bring the "extended family" with them which is actually the cause of much of the dysfunction they are running from.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join