It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Browns condemn Jermaine Whitehead Twitter rant containing death threat, racist language

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

most of our ancestors would have stayed in their original countries.

Native American Indians wish you had.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: LSU2018

Soccer is both most popular played and watched game in the world.

A combined audience of 3.572 billion meant that roughly half the world’s population tuned in to watch this summer’s soccer World Cup, according to new audience data

www.cnbc.com...

So to be honest, if American like it or not doesn't really bother me. Billions of others do.

You're missing "the point".

A black man said racist things, threatened some people, and got pushed for it.

But people didn't outrage soon enough, is I think the point of the thread. Also, double standards somehow.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: LSU2018

Soccer is both most popular played and watched game in the world.

A combined audience of 3.572 billion meant that roughly half the world’s population tuned in to watch this summer’s soccer World Cup, according to new audience data

www.cnbc.com...

So to be honest, if American like it or not doesn't really bother me. Billions of others do.

You're missing "the point".

A black man said racist things, threatened some people, and got pushed for it.

But people didn't outrage soon enough, is I think the point of the thread. Also, double standards somehow.

No i didn't miss " the point "

I was replying to a post on the topic of real football, or soccer as you call it.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Closed for staff review.
REOPENED....
edit on Mon Nov 4 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It occurred to me that this appears to be a really sophisticated form of planted strawman arguments disguised as news stories. And it seems to be happening every single day. And no one seems to notice.

edit on 4-11-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

i wrote a thread on "cracker" and it's origin. it was removed for racism.

cracker is a common term for a cowboy from florida and georgia. it was in reference to cowboys "cracking" whips to get the cows to move.

a florida or georgia country boy takes no offense at being called "cracker", be they white or black.

its the rest of the country thats mucked up the word.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You are seriously arguing "cracker" isn't a racist term and instead only funny? Go yelling that at every white man you see and see how funny it is. You are disgusting and have a terrible sense of humor.
reply to: spiritualarchitect

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
And you don't deny the mucked nature of how the word is used... a reply to: stormson

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I don't think he should be in trouble. An emotional moment posted public on the internet after an emotional game? OK he messed up, the browns want to keep the issue internal. Nobody is physically hurt, and he apologized from what I understand? Forgive forget move on. a reply to: StallionDuck

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

The "cracker" was the guy with the whip in the plantation fields. So yeah, there's racial issues with the term, but it's more akin to calling a white guy "Mas'a". That being the case, it's a bit derogatory towards the person actually saying it as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join