It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Browns condemn Jermaine Whitehead Twitter rant containing death threat, racist language

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck
The news got out last night.

"Jermaine Whitehead's social media posts following today's game were totally unacceptable and highly inappropriate," the team wrote, via Andrew Gribble of the team's official website. "We immediately spoke with Jermaine upon learning of these comments. The Browns in no way condone that type of language or behavior. This matter will be further addressed internally."

from the team last night

but since you didnt see it then it didnt exist?

mkay

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i re read it

Can't miss it. It was only the very second paragraph down in my OP. How was that confusing? Am I still a liar?

still dont get your point?
are you not an nfl fan?

you changing the title does make a difference
it is dishonest
for what point i still do not understand

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The double standards are everywhere. It's not only pro-white, it's pro-black and it's also pro-illegal alien just as it's pro-any race but white. You might call it white privilege and ignore the other privileges but whether you like it or not, it's everywhere and in everything.

Sometimes I'd agree with you.

I'm just confused you picked a story where the exact same thing would have happened no matter the skin color of someone had they posted the same thing.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm just confused you picked a story where the exact same thing would have happened no matter the skin color of someone had they posted the same thing.

I dont understand either

op made it a race issue by changing the title imo

just not sure why......

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Maybe he'll be sent to a reeducation camp for racist blacks, if those are out there.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Maybe he'll be sent to a reeducation camp for racist blacks, if those are out there.

that is an interesting outcome....

speaking of football tho, not nearly as the outcome of the upcoming game saturday....
1 v 2
1:30est

kind of a big deal eh?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You should change the headline, the person was not a white guy. His last name is Whitehead.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
You should change the headline, the person was not a white guy. His last name is Whitehead.

Oh my god! Read the OP. Seriously!

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
nope. these guys went on HIS twitter and berated him.

good for him.

i am not famous, and i have had people mess with me on social media. i did the same thing, told them meet me at my gym.

he is out there trying, he just lost, then he goes on twitter.

the problem with twitter for famous folks, there is a lot of bad to go along with the glory.

i know a girl who thinks she is famous, who is pretty hot, yet people called her ugly last week lol. she put her ig on private. i very much doubt it will be private for long, because she needs the attention.
and she is just a bartender.

if this guy does not want to deal with bad comments, you turn off comments. but that would mean, he does not get to read the praise, which you know he wants to read.

just like the bartender. her profile is on private for a week TOPS. then she will need the constant praise of strangers, and turn it back on normal.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Oh, you mean American football..

Seriously?

Did you really need to quote the WHOLE POST just to say that? You could have tried to be snarky (or smartass as we say in America) without copying the entire post when it's just a couple of responses above.

Actually here in America we can your football “European run, fall and cry! It’s truely an amazing sport where if anyone even get close to a player they fall on the ground act hurt for 3 seconds than get back up and stay running down the field like nothing happened after a penalty is called.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

He didn't just fire back with words. He actually threatened the reporters life. Big difference between fisticufffs and a bullet.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

en.wikipedia.org...

The term "cracker" was in use during the Elizabethan era to describe braggarts. The original root of this is the Middle English word crack, meaning "entertaining conversation" (as one may be said to "crack" a joke); this term and the Gaelicized spelling "craic" are still in use in Northern England. It is documented in William Shakespeare's King John Act II. Scene I. (1595): "What cracker is this same that deafs our ears/ With this abundance of superfluous breath?" By the 1760s, the ruling classes, both in Britain and in the American colonies, applied the term "cracker" to Scots-Irish and English American settlers of the remote southern back country, as noted in a letter to the Earl of Dartmouth: "I should explain to your Lordship what is meant by Crackers; a name they have got from being great boasters; they are a lawless set of rascalls on the frontiers of Virginia, Maryland, the Carolinas, and Georgia, who often change their places of abode."[2] The word was later associated with the cowboys of Georgia and Florida, many of them descendants of those early frontiersmen who had migrated South. Also used by Florida cowboys, as with picture of Florida cracker Bone Mizell. Cracker cowmen A cracker cowboy artist: Frederick Remington In Florida, those who own or work cattle traditionally have been called cowmen. In the late 1800s, they were often called cow hunters, a reference to hunting for cattle scattered over the wooded rangelands during roundups. At times the terms cowman and Cracker have been used interchangeably because of similarities in their folk culture. Today the western term "cowboy" is often used for those who work cattle.[3] The Florida "cowhunter" or "cracker cowboy" of the 19th and early 20th centuries was distinct from the Spanish vaquero and the Western cowboy. Florida cowboys did not use lassos to herd or capture cattle. Their primary tools were cow whips and dogs. Florida cattle and horses were smaller than the western breeds. The "cracker cow", also known as the "native" or "scrub" cow, averaged about 600 pounds (270 kg) and had large horns and large feet.[4]
it actualyl has a pretty complex history ranging from hey your a bumb to Florida at least it meant you were a cowboy

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: LSU2018

that is an interesting outcome....

speaking of football tho, not nearly as the outcome of the upcoming game saturday....
1 v 2
1:30est

kind of a big deal eh?

Yes indeed. Maybe it won't be the same outcome it's been for the last 8 years since LSU finally stepped into the 21st Century with their offense. However, this might hurt us a little bit... Just got the alert about an hour ago.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Veryolduser

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Oh, you mean American football..

Seriously?

Did you really need to quote the WHOLE POST just to say that? You could have tried to be snarky (or smartass as we say in America) without copying the entire post when it's just a couple of responses above.

Actually here in America we can your football “European run, fall and cry! It’s truely an amazing sport where if anyone even get close to a player they fall on the ground act hurt for 3 seconds than get back up and stay running down the field like nothing happened after a penalty is called.

Or they fake an injury like this to try to kill momentum.. ..

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
He was released by the Cleveland Browns.

Released by the Cleveland Browns? That's a half step away from being unemployed as it is.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

Actually here in America we can your football “European run, fall and cry!

Football is played all over the globe, not just in Europe.

Pity the same can't be said for American Football. which outside of The US no one is really interested in. However that may change in about 300 years from now, and you may even have a World Cup for American Football. I wouldn't bet on it though.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Veryolduser

Actually here in America we can your football “European run, fall and cry!

Football is played all over the globe, not just in Europe.

Pity the same can't be said for American Football. which outside of The US no one is really interested in. However that may change in about 300 years from now, and you may even have a World Cup for American Football. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Eh. I'm 110% fine with it being confined to America. It's been a major sport since the 1800's and will continue to do so. The world can keep soccer, I've always found it to be extremely boring and it still hasn't picked up here and passed our 3 major sports. And if you can't pass the NBA as a sport, something is wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don’t have a problem with these guys venting a little bit the threats of being shot at took it over the top for me. Who knows, someone just may do that thinking they’re carrying out some form of justice for the idiot. Banning the a-hole from the NFL is what he deserves. That crap has no place in professional sports. These guys are making mega millions nowadays, act professional FFS.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Soccer is both most popular played and watched game in the world.

A combined audience of 3.572 billion meant that roughly half the world’s population tuned in to watch this summer’s soccer World Cup, according to new audience data

www.cnbc.com...

So to be honest, if American like it or not doesn't really bother me. Billions of others do.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

That's OK.

If we wanted to be like the rest of the world, most of our ancestors would have stayed in their original countries.

You guys do your soccer hooligan thing, and we'll do American football. It's all good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join