It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Browns condemn Jermaine Whitehead Twitter rant containing death threat, racist language

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I guess the graham cracker will enjoy unemployment.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I don't have as much problem with the racist aspects of his tweets as I do with the open threats of violence to people that are fans of the game.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Yeah that's one. I said start making examples out of "them" meaning all of them, not just one who flips out over being called crappy and calls someone a bunch of grammatically incorrect names. At least he spelled cracker right.

Yea unfortunately they don't do anything if they beat their wives... But twitter is a no no (but I've said in other threads, most recognizable employers make their employees sign social media agreements saying you can get clipped if you say anything stupid and it comes back to the company).

What umpire are you talking about, the one who said he was gonna buy a gun in case they impeached his president and started a civil war?

Yea, the one who said he was buying a gun... And if the pres got impeached, there would be a civil war... He got away with an apology, probably because he didn't threat any specific person and was just broadly venting.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

This is ridiculous. First of all, its setteld long ago that Black Americans CANT be racist because their status is that of long agrieved VICTIMS; they ARE the vunerables. They speak the language of greivance, not racism.

Second, it should by now be pretty obvious that NFL Football is the sport of Black Americans! What idiot white person steps in and critisizes how Black people play the game; its THEIR game! If a white guy wants to be a sports analyst, he should stick to Baseball, Hockey, La Crosse and Curling.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Somebody is getting a random Drug Test I bet............

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The world is nuts. People have always and will always insult each other, especially in anger.
Then the world turns round and makes one thing more important than others. You can call someone a crude lady's part and nobody bats an eyelid but say something about the melanin in their skin and everyone faints.

I quite had enough. And insult is an insult, if you ban one then there will be another until that one is banned, then there will be another way to hurt each other with words, depending on what is 'de rigeur' at the time.

Will it be other body parts, or maybe where they live or were they work or how they speak or how they walk or whatever.
IN the end it's words that are supposed to make to feel the other insulted.

It's kind of human nature and I guess it's better than actually punching or killing someone but if you ban 'painless barking', maybe people will just ignore that step and go straight for the jugular.

Humans are morons.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Somebody is getting a random Drug Test I bet............

Eh, maybe if someone else decides to pick him up, the Browns cut him.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The guy who tweeted the replies is not white
why does the title say white footballer?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The NFL is usually a joke when it comes to discipline. They prefer a player who can help them win, as opposed to a player with morals. I'd love to see Goodell fired and replaced with someone who isn't afraid to stand up to the players. Someone who doesn't let the inmates run the prison.

With the ump, I could see an issue if he threatened to start shooting people.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

The NFL is usually a joke when it comes to discipline. They prefer a player who can help them win, as opposed to a player with morals. I'd love to see Goodell fired and replaced with someone who isn't afraid to stand up to the players. Someone who doesn't let the inmates run the prison.

With the ump, I could see an issue if he threatened to start shooting people.

Yeah, If you are a Star you can almost kill someone and they will let you play.... But put out salty tweet and oooh Lordy, we have to terminate you.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The only reason the Browns handled this correctly is because the player in question was a marginal talent to begin with. If it had been Mayfield or OBJ the result would have been different.
edit on 2019/11/4 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Case in point:
Antonio Brown called his GM a Cracker and threatened to physically hit him and they were only going to fine him initially.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
White person uses even remotely racist euphemism or phrase of speech on Twitter they are 100% racist scumbag and immediately fired.

Black people can literally say they hate and want to kill white people and all is fine.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
White person uses even remotely racist euphemism or phrase of speech on Twitter they are 100% racist scumbag and immediately fired.

Black people can literally say they hate and want to kill white people and all is fine.

He was fired and his twitter suspended.

What's your point again?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So some guy had a bad day on the field and vented.

*shrugs*

A tempest in a teapot.

In my humble opinion.

I'm with you. Even though he did go WAY out there with it, he was just pissed because he knew he messed up out there and when someone called him on it, it was just gas on a fire. Likely, he would have probably said his sorrys given time but the hypocrisy is disgusting. That's what infuriates me about it. If they set the standard for one 'race' then they should set it for all people.

WTF did people come up with the word race to define different colors anyways? Why can't it just be cultures... We are, after all, the Human Race. Not the black race, white race, yellow race and so forth.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Likely, he would have probably said his sorrys given time but the hypocrisy is disgusting. That's what infuriates me about it. If they set the standard for one 'race' then they should set it for all people.

WTF did people come up with the word race to define different colors anyways? Why can't it just be cultures... We are, after all, the Human Race. Not the black race, white race, yellow race and so forth.

Where are the two different standards? The dude lost his job and got suspended by twitter.... And this is plastered all over the news. You're saying things shouldn't be defined by race... Yet this thread is all about race. He messed up hard and is paying for it.

What's the topic now?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
The guy who tweeted the replies is not white
why does the title say white footballer?

Re-read my OP.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yes, I changed up the heading a bit because I wanted to make a point.

what point?
Black Footballer Tweet Containing Death Threat Racist Language wouldn't be a successful thread?

mkay......
looks dishonest to me but just my opinion

your lying makes a difference?
I am confused....

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Where are the two different standards?

The double standards are everywhere. It's not only pro-white, it's pro-black and it's also pro-illegal alien just as it's pro-any race but white. You might call it white privilege and ignore the other privileges but whether you like it or not, it's everywhere and in everything.

The dude lost his job and got suspended by twitter.... And this is plastered all over the news.

Biased news. It happened yesterday, yet it's making news today because someone 'important' was the target. Did you notice that the story was mainly about him vs the fox sports guy? They only slightly mentioned the stuff about the 'fans'. Guess they weren't important enough to be the highlight of the topic. Had it not been for that Fox sports caster - it likely wouldn't have gotten out there.

Anyone else... That news would have gotten out ASAP and fired on the spot. Like some responders said - had this guy been more of a pro baller, he would have gotten in far less trouble. He's not banned... He's just 'waved'.

You're saying things shouldn't be defined by race... Yet this thread is all about race. He messed up hard and is paying for it.

What's the topic now?

The rest doesn't apply - The post is about equality. Fairness. You can make it about race, specifically if you want. Call it whatever makes you feel better.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Yes, I changed up the heading a bit because I wanted to make a point.

what point?
Black Footballer Tweet Containing Death Threat Racist Language wouldn't be a successful thread?

mkay......
looks dishonest to me but just my opinion

your lying makes a difference?
I am confused....

Strong words for someone who apparently didn't read the OP very well. Confused? Not if you would have actually read my OP.

Here.... I'll help.

Yes, I changed up the heading a bit because I wanted to make a point. Honestly, did you come in to read what I altered the title to be or did it really make a difference? Your response may tell.

Can't miss it. It was only the very second paragraph down in my OP. How was that confusing? Am I still a liar?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join