It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The whistleblower

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It shows that your a liberal supporter. We get it you want Trump gone because the news media told u so.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I've heard several people say if the identity of the whistleblower were known he would show up dead. A lot people sure end of dead around DC. If I were the whistleblower I would not want my identity known until giving testimony under oath before Congress.

Donald Trump did wish our loud he could handle the whistleblower like they used to spies in the old days. So the whistleblower is probably right to be concerned. Not to mention how crazy his base is and their propensity with threatening death to anyone who opposes him.

It may turn out that Trump is completely innocent. Or, what if Trump did use the "machinery of government" to help Trump influence the 2020 election? The laws states people in government cannot use government for their own personal gain. Is Trump exempt from having to follow the law or not?

I think that as long as he continues to push a Republican agenda Republican politicians and his supporters don't care what laws he breaks or how he violates the constitution. It’s kind of weird he’s fighting so hard to obfuscate a “perfect” phone call, that if it is as perfect as he said would prove his innocence to everyone.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
negotiations between our elected leader and other foreign leaders in no way "break the law"

Yes, I agree, just talking to foreign leaders in no way "break the law". However, "As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign" IS BREAKING THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 (FECA, Pub.L. 92–225, 86 Stat. 3, enacted February 7, 1972, 52 U.S.C. § 30101 et seq.) is the primary United States federal law regulating political campaign spending and fundraising. The law originally focused on increased disclosure of contributions for federal campaigns.

"Today, Common Cause filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Election Commission (FEC) alleging that President Donald Trump, his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, and other political operatives illegally solicited a political contribution from a foreign national—by urging Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and other Ukrainian officials to investigate Hunter Biden and 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden. The allegations were first published in The Wall Street Journal, and subsequently President Trump admitted that during a July 25th phone call he pressured President Zelensky to pursue the investigation of his political rival and his son.

Federal law prohibits a foreign national from directly or indirectly making a “contribution or donation of money or other thing of value” in connection with a U.S. election. Federal law also prohibits a person from soliciting or providing substantial assistance in the solicitation of such a contribution from a foreign national. Federal law defines “contribution” to include “any gift … of money or anything of value made by any person for the purpose of influencing any election for Federal office.” And the FEC by regulation defines “solicit” to mean “to ask, request, or recommend, explicitly or implicitly, that another person make a contribution, donation, transfer of funds, or otherwise provide anything of value.”"

DOJ & FEC Complaints Filed Against President Trump, Rudy Giuliani and Others for Illegal Solicitation of Contribution from Ukrainian President

If this were as simple as two foreign leaders talking then there would not be impeachment hearings. You can't just run government based on your own personal superstitious opinions. Oh wait, this is what Republicans do!

If there were not supporting evidence of wrong doing we would not have impeachment hearings.

edit on 4-11-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It’s kind of weird

it's kind of weird he is being investigated for impeachment for a violation barak committed and paid a fine for.......
is it reverse discrimination?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox

It shows that your a liberal supporter. We get it you want Trump gone because the news media told u so.

I am a liberal Democrat. I would expect if Hillary or Obama broke the law you Republicans would put the effers in jail.

We have to have the rule of law especially with regards to our political process.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

If fines were paid then justice was served. Do you agree if someone is found breaking the law they should pay for their crimes?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
good thing he didn't ask for anything of value then isn't it?

peace in the middle east would have value would it not?
as if you get to be the arbiter of discussions of diplomacy?
the constitution left that power to the potus

not even a nice try in my opinion

small minded small time smear campaign, which is about to unravel

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Asking someone to look into something is not a crime no matter how you wish it to be.

Correct. Using funds allocated by Congress to force a foreign nation to look into something involving a political opponent is, though.

Specifically a violation of 18 USC 601. As has been shown here numerous times.

Link

That isn’t an opinion. It’s a textbook violation of the law.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

If fines were paid then justice was served. Do you agree if someone is found breaking the law they should pay for their crimes?

then wait for the fec to fine him

fair is fair
except when the dems go after trump

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Correct. Using funds allocated by Congress to force a foreign nation to look into something involving a political opponent is, though.

perhaps your timeline is confused?
were those funds held at the time of the call?

textbook......right?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Everyone in D.C. and the MSM knows the "whistlebower" aka spy is Eric Ciaramella a Brennan operative.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AttitudeProblem

How dare Trump use his power to expose corruption ... orange man bad

Look up Paul Manafort and Javelin missiles. Some reports are coming out that will also be an issue in the impeachment. It looks like Trump used his powers to cover up corruption. There was 4 separate investigations ongoing into Maniforts dealings in Ukraine. They were all dropped and an official said it was because they didn't want to anger US top government officials. Yada yada, something about witholding Javelin missiles.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MachineMan
Everyone in D.C. and the MSM knows the "whistlebower" aka spy is Eric Ciaramella a Brennan operative.

oops
the cat is out of the bag

brennan
brennan
where did that name come up before?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

What do you call the testimony of Ambassador Taylor, Fiona Hill, Lt Col Vindman?

This is kind of like proving the existence of God to atheists. There is simply no amount of evidence of any kind that can be presented that would change the Trump cultist's minds.

They way the Trumpees blindly worship authority reminds me of a song I heard long ago:

Going for the broad brush insult I see. It’s ok, I’ll play your game because when I see you post on ATS, I think of a retard playing with crayons. I’ll leave all the other liberals out of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I've heard several people say if the identity of the whistleblower were known he would show up dead. A lot people sure end of dead around DC. If I were the whistleblower I would not want my identity known until giving testimony under oath before Congress.

Donald Trump did wish our loud he could handle the whistleblower like they used to spies in the old days. So the whistleblower is probably right to be concerned. Not to mention how crazy his base is and their propensity with threatening death to anyone who opposes him.

It may turn out that Trump is completely innocent. Or, what if Trump did use the "machinery of government" to help Trump influence the 2020 election? The laws states people in government cannot use government for their own personal gain. Is Trump exempt from having to follow the law or not?

I think that as long as he continues to push a Republican agenda Republican politicians and his supporters don't care what laws he breaks or how he violates the constitution. It’s kind of weird he’s fighting so hard to obfuscate a “perfect” phone call, that if it is as perfect as he said would prove his innocence to everyone.

I totally agree. Republicans always put their party's interests before country and before the Constitution. Republicans are the lowest of the low. Republicans do not stand for the rule-of-law. They win elections by using any means necessary.

North Carolina’s Election Fiasco Is About Voter Suppression, Not Voter Fraud

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Republicans are the lowest of the low.
The do not stand for the rule-of-law.

you should have just said so before

thanks

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

This is what happens when not a single right winger Trumpet answered the question from my OP:

It seems to me Republicans never answer the real question. If Trump is shown to have broken federal laws should he be held accountable and why not?

Obviously Trump is above the law. No one in this thread has taken a stand for the rule of law. No matter what anyone says the Trump cultists are going to say it's not true, it's a lie, or Trump did not break the law even though the impeachment hearings have not even completed yet.

I am better than you because I said Trump may be shown to be innocent. But you Trumpets can't put the words to your mouth that Trump may actually be guilty.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Republicans are the lowest of the low.
The do not stand for the rule-of-law.

you should have just said so before

thanks

Your welcome.

link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
He can and must answer face to face and on the spot, and be liable for arrest and personal lawsuit if caught lying

Trump or the whistleblower?

The guilty party, who is in fact the politically motivated, and was another plant for the purpose of more insurance policy nonsense. You will get your wish pertaining to Hillary when the report comes out, and we will throw in your beloved Barack Obama for good measure.

This whole sham is going to blow up in the DNC's face. There may not be a DNC after the report. Nancy is nervous, because she is aware of what Hillary and Barack did, with the help of the DNC. Joe is crooked by his own admission, and isn't Trumps opponent, and never will be. His mind is fading, and every one knows it. He was the DNC's only hope, and he is failing fast. He shouldn't even be on a stage. Within a few years he will have someone dressing him and tying his shoes, and will die within 8 years. Now all they have is the "wanna be Indian" with the 52 Trillian dollar nation collapsing plan .
Good luck with that one!
edit on 4-11-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

link   

This is what happens when not a single right winger Trumpet answered the question from my OP:

And you wonder why nobody takes you serious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join