It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The whistleblower

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
"A lawyer for the whistleblower who raised alarms about Trump's dealings with Ukraine says his client has offered to answer written questions submitted by House Republicans.

The surprise offer was made to Rep. Devin Nunes, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee. It would allow Republicans to ask questions of the whistleblower, who spurred the Democratic-led impeachment inquiry, without having to go through Schiff.

Attorney Mark Zaid tweeted Sunday that the whistleblower would answer questions directly from Republican members "in writing, under oath & penalty of perjury," part of a bid to stem escalating efforts by Trump and his GOP allies to unmask the person's identity. Only queries seeking the person's identity won't be answered, he said."

Democrats Prepare For Open Hearings

I've heard several people say if the identity of the whistleblower were known he would show up dead. A lot people sure end of dead around DC. If I were the whistleblower I would not want my identity known until giving testimony under oath before Congress.

The article had some other interesting tidbits.

"The chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Adam Schiff, told The Associated Press on Friday that the three committees leading the impeachment investigation plan to begin releasing transcripts of closed-door interviews as soon as early this week. "

"Schiff, D-Calif. said he hopes the testimony will eventually show "what the president did, why his misconduct is so serious" and how the "machinery of government" was pressed to help Trump influence the 2020 election."

It may turn out that Trump is completely innocent. Or, what if Trump did use the "machinery of government" to help Trump influence the 2020 election? The laws states people in government cannot use government for their own personal gain. Is Trump exempt from having to follow the law or not?

It seems to me Republicans never answer the real question. If Trump is shown to have broken federal laws should he be held accountable and why not?

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

If Trump is shown to have broken federal laws should he be held accountable and why not?

The only thing shown to have actual first hand words from the potus so far is the call transcript.
Asking someone to look into something is not a crime no matter how you wish it to be.
The opinions of unelected bureaucrats are unimportant when they differ with the potus who actually gets to set foreign policy.

They can cry all they like. Potus sets the agenda not the government bureaucrats.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Let me know when you have more than a guy told another guy that told another guy, Orange man bad.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

What do you call the testimony of Ambassador Taylor, Fiona Hill, Lt Col Vindman?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What do you call the testimony of Ambassador Taylor, Fiona Hill, Lt Col Vindman?

the people who leaked, perhaps illegally, to the whistle blower?

you understand who ever leaked the contents of the call committed a crime?

link   

Wait. Waaaaait.
"FAKE NEWS!" "HEARSAY!" "LIARS!" and so on.

Or your question gets ignored, because it hurts the narrative of some spin docs.

link   

Sorely losing.

link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Republicans are complaining that written answers will surely be written by, or edited by the whistle blower's attorney, which is entirely plausible. However, that's exactly how President Trump allowed Mueller to interview him, written questions and answers.

edit on 4-11-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
He can and must answer face to face and on the spot, and be liable for arrest and personal lawsuit if caught lying

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Sorely losing.

What does that mean? Are you saying they're lying because "orange man bad"?

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Trump was being accused, these people aren’t.

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I get it Trump is your man. But there does seem to be pretty good evidence Trump broke the law. Check out the quotes below from people who have testified. This is not made-up left wing spin. These are actual quotes:

Sullivan: "Soliciting investigations into a domestic political opponent, I don't think that would be in accord with our values"

A week later, Taylor was even more concerned, texting Sondland: "As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign."

Vindman: "I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine"

Vindman: "I am a patriot, and it is my sacred duty and honor to advance and defend OUR country, irrespective of party or politics"

Holding back military aid, putting our country and troops at risk for personal political gain is the heart of the matter. From the evidence there seems to be a lot of quotes and testimony claiming this actually happened.

Trump may be found innocent from the hearings. But so far from the existing evidence it looks like he's going to be impeached.

edit on 4-11-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

They have more.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
He can and must answer face to face and on the spot, and be liable for arrest and personal lawsuit if caught lying

Trump or the whistleblower?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

They have more.

No they don’t or it would be available for everyone to see already. Anyone that’s paid attention to the lefts tactics for the past 3 years knows this.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I get it Trump is your man.

no
he was simply better than the other candidate

But there does seem to be pretty good evidence Trump broke the law.

also no
negotiations between our elected leader and other foreign leaders in no way "break the law"

or will you next point to the middle east peace process as a campaign finance violation cooked up to get trump re-elected?

potus conducts diplomacy PERIOD
how and in what manor is solely his constitutional duty
not the bureaucrats not the other appointed officials

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

How dare Trump try to influence the 2020 election by exposing corruption ... orange man bad

edit on 4-11-2019 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

This is kind of like proving the existence of God to atheists. There is simply no amount of evidence of any kind that can be presented that would change the Trump cultist's minds.

They way the Trumpees blindly worship authority reminds me of a song I heard long ago:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AttitudeProblem

How dare Trump use his power to expose curruption... orange man bad

Babies should eat. Why are you against babies eating?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: shooterbrody

I get it Trump is your man.

I think you have that bass akwards

I don't even like him, but will defend anyone who is under constant attack for things he is innocent of. Just like in a court case where a woman was beaten and raped savagely, and the rapist attempt to prove he is not guilty by exclaiming she wanted me to do that.

Trump isn't my man, he is yours. He doesn't just own real estate property. He owns a place in your head 24/7, rent free

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join