It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP lawmakers in three states want to ban trans health care for minors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gryphon66

If a treatment is available, and administered according to the best standards medical science has, that is up to the individual. I’m certainly in favor of giving kids as much control of their lives as is possible including the ability to resist their parents’ overreaching actions, whatever those might be.

You understand that people used to think this way about things like lobotomies and thalidomide too.

There is such a thing as the medical establishment and so-called experts going too far.

Do you recall ADD/ADHD and how suddenly every other kid was drugged out of his gourd? It's supposed to be the diagnosis of last resort, but instead, it's the first thing everyone thinks of and tries to diagnose because it has pills to fix it and other things take messy, expensive solutions.

Thalidomide is an important drug in fighting multiple myloma and certain strains of leprosy. The Thalidomide birth defects catastrophe has resulted in changing the pharmacuetical industry with more stringent critical trials for drug evaluation which have since saved millions of lives. The side effects were recognized within three years and the use of the drug in pregnant women banned world wide in five.

I am not able to speak rationally about lobotomies.

The horror of lobotomy was always recognized though America the Great certainly had a penchant for turning some undesirable people into zombies I grant you that.

Aside from your general suggestion to equate the effects of a whole range of treatments and therapies that have been developed to assist with sex reassignment and transition over decades are just as unknown and dangerous as thalidomide and lobotomy is unfounded in fact. It is a specious comparison.

All medications and treatments are contra-indicated in some situations. The poison is in the dose.

The suggestion that all therapies directed at transgender people and those who suffer with gender dysphoria are just as likely to have "hidden dangers" is just not borne out by the science.
edit on 4-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Formatting

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

First do no harm. Excellent reference, you should read the original if you haven't; it'll give you a different perspective on the Ancients. Hippocratic Oath (Ancient Greece)

Again, with no reference to what specific data you think is being withheld, I have no reference to say anything of use.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

There is a general reason why drugs aren't usually used off label in children though or in pregnant women. It's because it's simply unethical and a form of a drug trial.

As my neurologist said when I was working toward getting pregnant - Most of these drugs we don't know enough about their effects in pregnant women to say if they're safe or not so don't get pregnant on them, but if you do, please let us know so we can follow what happens. It's the accidents that are how we get our studies on drug effects on pregnant women because intentionally studying it would be unethical.

So they're basically conducting studies on children too young to fully understand and consent to the permanent intended changes, nevermind the potential unintended ones.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What drugs are you referring to and to what children?

When do you conceive that these treatments begin?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Thank you! I have read it before, and I read it again, because it's always worth the read!

And I do love the values and principles of the oath. The spirit of the oath.

Very very different these days.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Thank you! I have read it before, and I read it again, because it's always worth the read!

And I do love the values and principles of the oath. The spirit of the oath.

Very very different these days.

Very. Thanks for the thread BO.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Anything involving transgender anything should be federally banned to all minor children. Eighteen and up a d any adults grooming kids for this, including parents should be arrested and charged with abuse. But this is a step in the right direction and we need to let these reps know we support efforts to end sexual deviant exploitation of children

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

We had a speaker who is an expert on the subject come and talk to us. He told us not one single person has ever gone through with gender reassignment surgery and wished they hadn't.

It's crazy how bad they lie to push agendas.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Again, with no reference to what specific data you think is being withheld, I have no reference to say anything of use.

Sorry, Gryph, for not replying to this sooner. I was working on it, but real life reared its head again and I had to deal with other things...

When I speak to the lack of research and/or quality research, I speak to many different things and ways that it happens. The particulars of each incident varies depending upon the circumstances, but the big picture creates a pattern of hiding, stifling, and misrepresenting research and data.

This article delves into several aspects of the overall problem. The first half of the article focuses on the funding sources and conflicts of interest for the "T" activism. About halfway through, it focuses on the medical aspects -- puberty blockers and hormones. It is a very long read, and not light reading, but a good read for understanding the bigger picture.

I nauthentic Selves: The modern LGBTQ+ Movement Is Run By Philanthropic Astroturf And Based On Junk Science

If you want to get right to the medical part, it's about halfway down and starts at "Let us talk about medicine." There are lots of source links to follow too (if you're so inclined).

This should give you a good idea of where my head's at in this. You may or may not see it the same of course!

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

We had a speaker who is an expert on the subject come and talk to us. He told us not one single person has ever gone through with gender reassignment surgery and wished they hadn't.

It's crazy how bad they lie to push agendas.

That is so very very sad if true, and it wouldn't surprise me if it is true. It may be a matter of time as well. We all like new and shiny things, so I can see where people could and would be quite delighted with their new body at first, but with time find that it isn't what they wanted or expected it to be. Especially with complications, and as I understand it, complications are the norm -- not the exception.

So so sad.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Completely true. I was not even shocked at the lies.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The fact these things are deemed ok and natural is a total perversion of healthcare. Anyone seen or heard when Target is going to add the new bathrooms to their stores? They'd go out of business and they know it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join