It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate both parties

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I'm from Michigan and I'm sick of the bs in this state. The government rakes us over the coals every chance they get. Our last 3 governors are a joke two democrats one republican. They look out for special interest groups and screw the people.

My mom was coming home from work late one night. She was in an area with no traffic lights. The area was also poorly lit. Some 18 year old girl darted out in front of her on a bike. The police report said my mom was not responsible. Other then a few bumps and bruises the girl was fine. She s sued my mom for and won $5000. Now my moms car insurance on a Ford Focus is $500 a month.

I haven't insured a car in my name since 2003. I've been driving my grandmothers cars. My driving record has been perfect for the past 20 years. No tickets no nothing. My grandmother has Alzheimers and my aunt wants to put the car in my name. I'm getting quotes at $300 a month. They said the reason is because I don't have any credit. I don't have bad credit I just don't have any. Yeah they base your insurance rates on your credit.

My buddy has 2 drunk driving convictions the past 15 years. He's paying $200 a month. No matter where I go it's as if the price is fixed. I'll sell the car and ride a bike before I pay $300 a month for insurance.

We have a lot of industries in our state. There are a lot of trucks on the road. I've popped 3 tires and rims the past two winters because of pot holes. We have the worst roads in the country. Our former Republican governor wanted to tax us at the gas pump to fix the roads. The people voted no on the resolution. So he couldn't tax at the pump he hit us with a tax at the distribution centers. Why not tax the corporations messing the roads up? I haven't seen a weigh station open on the freeways in 30 years. Our roads are like mad max. People drive like lunatics around here. Hire some state troopers and create some revenue.

Our water bill is $60 a month. I know people in Arizona paying half that. I'm surrounded by the great lakes and paying double for water then someone living in a desert. Our Republican governor allowed Nestle Corp to pump 500 gallons a minute out of the ground to sell as bottle water. They can pump all the water they want for $200 a year. Maybe he should have taxed them to fix the roads.

Our former Democrat governor got a $200,000,000 grant from Bush to overhaul the sewage system in the metro area. She blew the money on other stuff. The amount of raw sewage they're dumping into Lake St Clair is unreal. Parts of the Clinton river smell like raw dung. They're dumping just upstream from the water intake for the entire metro area. Our water tastes like swamp water. Ohio gets the worst of it. All the stuff we dump collects in the western basin of Lake Erie causing poisonous algae.

I love this state but I am absolutely fed up with the corruption. Our former Republican governor left us in such a hole our new governor is taxing everything in sight.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I feel your pain.

One thing is for sure, while we have one side cheering on their compatriots while chastising the other side nothing is going to change.

I doubt this will make you feel better but it's not just a U.S problem this is a global problem, the authoritarians are running the show and don't look like stepping down anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
My water bill is 40 bucks every 2 months
Our health insurance is 70 bucks every two months
My Japanese pension is 180 bucks a month
Life sucks
Save your money for retirement
The above facts are true
Also I 'm a cyclist and my insurance is 200 bucks for 2 years, full coverage, the best one can buy
edit on 1100000058282019-11-04T02:28:58-06:00285811am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I hate both parties

There's your (as in, the entire US population) problem - 'both' suggests you only have 2 options. Maybe Tulsi should run as a 3rd party candidate because until someone steps forward to present a '3rd' option, all Americans can do is vote for wanker A or wanker B.........you APPARENTLY have no other options that your MSM allows.

Here in Australia, we have heaps of options and even though the MSM would have most aussies believe its either Labor or Liberal, there is also the pirate party, the one nation party, Fraser Anning's Conservative National Party, Voluntary Euthanasia Party, Yellow Vest Australia and about 50 others.

I have not voted for either MSM endorsed party in over 30 years, I always vote 3rd party, mainly due to their policies and ideals.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Woe! Amigo settle down that's a lotta people esse!

I'm thinking you get some sleep and things may look better
in the morning.

Car insurance companies are just another way forcing people out of
their driving privilege. The main reason they are backed with laws
now.IMO.

edit on 4-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

riding a bike in Michigan sounds nice, until it's February. then it's comical.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I'm not really seeing how the auto insurance thing is political.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Auto insirance rates are based on all kinds of things that boil down to just making whatever correlations they can get away with. My guess is bad credit = higher claims rates because bad credit is more likely to equate with people not upkeeping steering & suspension components, buying cheap tires or wearing their tires down to nothing, cheap brake pads and rotors.

The thing is, not everyone with bad credit is bad at upkeeping the safety of their cars.

Being a young, male, responsible driver will cost you more than being a middle-aged female psychopathic driver. They change rates based on sex, age, marital status, but not other "discriminatory" categories. Its a joke. Luckily, I'm old enough and married, with halfway decent credit and a great driving record. $43/mo for my wife and I both on our car. My other car is a company car with company insurance.

when I was 22 years old, I paid $93/mo in Illinois, then moved to Arizona and it shot up to $263/mo, due to their high accident and theft rate.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

w

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
w

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Ayoub

Sorry cant get the hang of this
edit on 4-11-2019 by Ayoub because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Trump also hates both sides.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I love this state but I am absolutely fed up with the corruption. Our former Republican governor left us in such a hole our new governor is taxing everything in sight.

I think the governor has to balance the budget. Unlike the federal government a state government cannot print money.

Although a state printing it's own money would probably solve all the state's problems as long as it was done responsibly.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ

This why Trump only benefits the billionaires and the people who benefit from the status quo since nothing will ever change under Trump.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ

Trump likes whatever side is paying him at the moment.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

For the most part I'm with you, but I think there is a small bit of caveat.

One is I've heard Michigan has really messed up laws on who's at fault in an accident... But to protect myself from looking like a dumbass, I'll let one of our resident Michigan members confirm and go into detail on that one.

But I do know they don't require vehicle inspections. They rank the highest in car insurance costs by state. I have to think the insurance companies see a huge liability in a state where a good portion sees snow much of the winter doesn't have a baseline for what cars are suitable for the road. Not to mention cars seeing more salt than other states inherently have more risk to lackluster performance on all the parts.

Here in VA, tires, brakes, headlights, and a whole host of other things are checked yearly... If you fail, you must fix it or you can't drive the car on the roads... We're in the bottom ten states for insurance costs.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Others have said it but I will too. I feel your pain and I genuinely feel your pain because I have seen and experienced the way Government corruption destroys the quality of life.

Unfortunately, for you my friend, there are ONLY 2 solutions.

1) Get a job with the government so you can get in on the theft gravy train; or
2) MOVE! Ever heard the song "Allen Town"? Prosperity isnt coming back to Michigan anymore than it is coming back to Venezuela. And that really is part of the problem. Michigan is a failed state, just like Venezuela. The result of a failing state is greatly increased Government corruption which ACCELERATES the economic failure. Followng me? Its like a dog chasing its tail down the sewer. The faster it runs, the lower it goes until it finally drowns.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It is when the laws are written in their favor.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
It is when the laws are written in their favor.

Please cite the specific auto insurance laws you're referencing.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Double

edit on 4-11-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a sasquatch stole it

top topics

<<   2 >>

join