It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont worry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ive got pretty good grades, and when im 18, i live down the street from a college campus (Penn State) im goign to do 2 years of school theyre and go into the military as an officer, i know an officer oesnt do much, but ill try everything in my power to get the truth out, or do it illegally, like be like, "Yes sir, aliens exists over there and ive gotta keep this secret at all costs." Then the next day ill be on The Tonight Show and tell everyone.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Nobody will tell anything. All this will be kept secret, as it is meant to be. Just because things come to surface on ATS, doesn't mean that the same will happen in real life.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
cool idea schmidt, i m lookig forward to it happening.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Alright buddy...

I'm going to be the president in about 25 years, and i'll appoint you to a top position on my staff and we'll talk congress and the rest of our government cronies into full disclosure. Too bad if we ALMOST succeeded we'd be assassinated by the powers that be. JFK was going to tell us something...and look what happened to him. He was axed, and nobody can really tell us who did it and why they did it. Disclosure, i believe, will come on our visitors (ET's) time, not ours.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
Ive got pretty good grades, and when im 18, i live down the street from a college campus (Penn State) im goign to do 2 years of school theyre and go into the military as an officer, i know an officer oesnt do much, but ill try everything in my power to get the truth out, or do it illegally, like be like, "Yes sir, aliens exists over there and ive gotta keep this secret at all costs." Then the next day ill be on The Tonight Show and tell everyone.

Cmon now, keep up the ambition but you probably just ruined your idea by broadcasting it on one of the most popular forums on the net.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Thats nice. Things will change by the time you're 18 and you'll no longer want to be a military officer. Believe me, you'll change what you want to be many times. I'm currently enrolled in college so that someday I can work at the FBI or the CIA. However, I'm not doing it to find the "truth" about aliens. I chose that career path because its genuinely interesting.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Back in college, one of my career aspirations was to go the CIA route... I had even tracked down the local recruiter (not an easy task by the way), and eventually was able to even enroll in a student trainee program. It was a little tricky for me clearance-wise though, as I had lived in the middle east, and my father still worked over there at the time. The program was pretty cool, you'd spend a semester in college, then a semester at Langley, working for the FBIS (Foreign Broadcast Information Service) section of the CIA, and you'd give a briefing to Congress every so often, on your assigned section. Sadly, the program was axed by Clinton (so I'm not a big fan
) while I was still in the first semester, and I was too deep into Russian class to withdraw from it...(4 damned credit hours).

Anyhoo, my advice is to follow your plan, but try and get into the Intelligence branch of whatever service you plan to join. (this was the advice of my CIA recruiter when the program was axed...advice to go into the CIA, I didn't mention anything of my ET agenda, hehe...EVER.) If your goal is really to delve into the alien angle, join either the Air Force, Army, or Navy and go into their intelligence services. Any others are a waste of time if this is truly your goal. Work on getting higher and higher clearance, and focus on classes such as engineering, metallurgy, astrophysics, etc. and eventually you just may be one of those MIBs we hear about...

BTW: one of the most helpful things in finding the local recruiter was an old (out of print) copy of the CIA Entrance Exam Guide. In the back, it listed professors around the country who teach espionage related classes and have CIA connections. I was lucky enough to find one of those listed in my area (and still teaching), and then contacted him, and he then got me in touch with the local recruiter. So, I highly recommend going this route (getting this book), if your college isn't actively being visited by a CIA recruiter, and you wish to join. BTW, if going the CIA route, be sure to study the history of the CIA and Allen Dulles religiously, as it's about half or more of the Entrance Exam...

EDIT: Now that I recall, I don't think the program was axed from all schools, just axed from colleges without a long standing with the agency...

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Wow Gazrok thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Good luck on the book, I can't even find it on a google or amazon.com search.
I got it off a friend of mine (who never returned it to the local library). I then loaned it to a Marine buddy of mine (a couple of years after the program was axed) who never gave it back and subsequently moved away (the bastard). I was hoping to find a link to show you what the cover looked like, as it's been a while.... Printing was during the 90's, so a good chance some of the professors are still teaching... I'd check E-Bay, but that would be flagged here at work, so might want to check there....

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think chances are that you'll get laughed at by your superiors.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz
Too bad if we ALMOST succeeded we'd be assassinated by the powers that be.

That would surely be too bad. But I don't think that any of us will get hurt. We will succeed, and the Outcome will be perfect. Just as you were dreaming of!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I think chances are that you'll get laughed at by your superiors.

I believe the plan was to wisely NEVER mention an interest in anything alien related...
But to simply find out what one could...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I believe the plan was to wisely NEVER mention an interest in anything alien related...
But to simply find out what one could...

Exactly. What would be the point of broadcasting your beliefs to the world and have everyone and their mother point and laugh at you. Best thing to do is keep your interests to yourself and find out all the info you can on whatever particular subject you may be interested in.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989

By the time you become an officer in the military...you would probably undergone some form of general mind programming...or mind conditioning...

they have to break you first into piecies (the mind) and then put you back together...transform from Boy to Men...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So you'll become a spy , basically. Good idea, but one flaw: you told people.

ATS hacked> ip adresses on all of us> tracked> threated, or mind wiped> relocated if mind wiped> I think you'd better go into hiding or some thing.

ATS IS WIRED!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Do you really think their background check will go into it that far?
I doubt it.... Still a government bureaucracy, and likely not that tech saavy. They simply don't have the manpower to do this for an entry level CIA position.

Now, years later, they may screen your past few years of surfing habits, but that's about it... Last I knew, we were considered a "white" site by the powers that be, so shouldn't raise any red flags....(and no, I'm not going to go into what that is here...)
Search on RATS perhaps....

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
They'll even look into your forbidden confort zone...aka bathroom...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Having had such a background check myself, I wouldn't be TOO paranoid about it...
Then again, was prior to my activities here, hehe....

new topics

top topics

join