It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Went to Devil's Footprint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
In one of my recent threads I talked about my Osgood-Schlatter Disease, that ruined all my plans for the summer and I couldn't explore and make videos for about 4 months. Well, finally the pain is under control and today I decided to do a little trip and test these old legs on the field.

I went to a place with an interesting name. It's called "Devil's Footprint" (NJ). When I previously researched the place, I did not find any information or details that could explain the name given to the place.

The Natural Area Preserve and the large Hudson Farm property to its north encompass the sections of the Borough known as Wolf's Head and Brooklyn Mountain, containing some of the earliest settlement sites within the Borough, including the "Devil's Footprint"

patch.com...

I went off the trail and explored a little bit the area, I didn't want to push it too much because I still have pain in my knees. I actually found some iron stuff at surface level and lots of garbage too, nothing important.

I just connected my camera to the computer and guess what..., nothing recorded. No photos, no video. I'm sure it was on, I saw the led screen and the red blinking light on. Never happened before.

I found information about another place in England with the same name :

The Devil's Footprints was a phenomenon that occurred during February 1855 around the Exe Estuary in East and South Devon, England. After a heavy snowfall, trails of hoof-like marks appeared overnight in the snow covering a total distance of some 40 to 100 miles (60 to 160 km). The footprints were so called because some people believed that they were the tracks of Satan, as they were allegedly made by a cloven hoof. Many theories have been made to explain the incident, and some aspects of its veracity have also been questioned.

en.wikipedia.org...

I saw a representation of the "Jersey Devil", I noticed the description that mentions "legs with cloven hooves".

en.wikipedia.org...

Little late for Halloween but I still wanted to share the story with you my friends.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
S & F

Bummer no camera footage. Maybe that’s why it’s called the Devils Footprint — anomalous events happens there.

Have you asked any of the locals why it has this name?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
S & F
Have you asked any of the locals why it has this name?

Nobody around but on my way back I saw at distance a man going deeper on the trail, he was walking somehow fast. I lost one of my tools somewhere there, I got mad about it.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I have read that land with too much iron in it can cause instruments to go wonky and cause paranormal type experiences (Bermuda Triangle for instance).

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite
I have read that land with too much iron in it can cause instruments to go wonky and cause paranormal type experiences (Bermuda Triangle for instance).

Interesting. You know, my detector was reading very high level of minerals all over the area, that makes it very hard to detect objects/artifacts.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I've got that osgood thing in my knees as well, since a kid, the pain passes, shouldn't cause you any further problems, hopefully!

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tayton

I noticed the pain increases when I'm standing. Not too much pain when I walk 👍

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
That happened to a friends camera when we stayed overnight in the Villisca, Iowa Axe Murder House.
New batteries, etc....just dies about sunset.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
There is a location in Scotland called "Devil's Punchbowl", simply because it is a large hollow in the landscape. "Devil's", because larger than an ordinary punchbowl would be. A ittle north of Gretna Green. I tried to find it on Wiki, but only found three other places in England with the same name, for the same reason. Is there anything in the landscape at your site that might resemble a large footprint?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

No footprints as far as I know but I didn't cover the whole area.

new topics

top topics

join