It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic 60s Sci Fi with an all star cast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I always liked HG Wells and his stories. War of the Worlds was one of my favorite classic black and white film.

Then, I came across the newest version, which can be found on youtube. It is set back in a time when Wells was writing.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

I heard there was a new British mini series of war of the worlds.
The best part it was set in the original time period.

It looks good

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
A great 60s sci-fi romp is Barbarella with Jane Fonda. I love everything about this film. Not sure exactly where you will find it but I am sure it must be online somewhere.

Here's my favorite from the 1956:

There was another movie I saw 30 years ago. It's about a bunch of people trying to escape Earth before it gets blown up or something. They finally get aboard the space ship and take off and the last scene of the movie is they are looking at planet that is the real earth right before they land. Does anyone know this movie?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Groot

I heard there was a new British mini series of war of the worlds.
The best part it was set in the original time period.

It looks good

That is the one he is talking about, though on Youtube it is commercial free and split into 2 parts- the link he posted is to the first half. Each half is around 1 1/2 hours long so have popcorn ready!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Barbarella is a calssic.

If I'm not mistaken did Mathmos Lava Lamps not take their name from the lava type stuff under Duran Duran's planet? (Or the other way around. )

And lets not forget Duran Duran the 80s band.

Heaven 17 and A Clockwork Orange anyone?

I think you are correct about the lamps coming after the film. The ideas and design of everything in Barbarella was just brilliant. A Clockwork Orange was a great book, hard to read at first due to the language used, but a great book. The film loses a lot, as ever with films.
Rollerball was a great film too, though not as old as Barbarella. I also loved, and still love, The Phantom Tollbooth, though that may not strictly be called sci-fi.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Not heard of that one. I’ll be looking it up

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Not heard of that one. I’ll be looking it up

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:49 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics