It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump's phone call hurts Biden, it's not Trump's fault.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool
Except Biden was literally the only example of corruption trump specifically requested to be investigated...

It wasn’t like trump mentioned 22 instances of corruption that didn’t concern Biden and 4 that did...

Trump mentioned ZERO other instances and only asked for an investigation into Biden...

All his defenders ask you to assume every unspecific reference is referring to corruption in the Broader sense, but his actual mouth only asks about the burisma stuff .. because he is an idiot..

Someone with even an once of intelligence could have put plenty of disclaimers and put Biden as just one in a file 3 inches thick.. but trump is a bafoon, so his stupid self ONLY asks about Biden..

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

With all the respect I can give if you are referring to me (seems likely) then I will defend my use. The number of people who object to Trump on the basis that he is Trump that he is a bad man and that they believe anything and everything that is said negatively about him way WAY out numbers those, maybe yourself, who would sit down and say "This is the reason I hate Trump" and list off policy or maybe even historical issues that he has had those people are very few the reason I and many use the "Orange Man Bad" label is because the usual ones like racist, sexist or whatever the new fangled words are are used against us without reason, they are used against us whenever we criticise a Democrat even if we use policy as the reason we are criticizing, Orange Man Bad is a catch all for those who like I said hate Trump simply because he is Trump and he defeated Hillary, they are not willing to accept that she was a bad choice who bought out the DNC to get her nomination and still lost to what I and some may consider to be a reality tv show host and billionaire.

Telling us to stop using it is like telling Democrats to stop labelling everyone on the right racist or any other "ist" that they choose to use. I respect those who dislike Trump on policy basis but because the American economy is doing so well, because the unemployment numbers are insanely low, lower than they have been for decades Democrats or the Left, are just going after Trump on anything they can get their mitts on.

So while I may not be talking about you (I can't be sure) I am talking about those who dislike him because of who he is. That is why I used it.
edit on 3-11-2019 by Dwoodward85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Trump wanted Zalenski to go on television and announce an investigation into corruption with Biden's son and the company he worked with.

Trump had already been making accusations to our media about Biden and his son in Ukraine.

Zalenski had made it clear to Trump's team in Ukraine that he didn't want to be a political pawn against Trump's political adversaries.

Trump wasn't trying to keep anything quiet he was trying to create a smear campaign and pressuring Zalenski to make it look legit.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Or get help bringing to light another Corrupt Democrat who is trying to gain the most powerful position in the free world. I mean people often try to find proof and evidence to get it and in my opinion that is what he was trying to do maybe heavy handedly but still looking to get proof.

Sadly even if it was on tape the Left would disagree with anything and call it fake.
edit on 3-11-2019 by Dwoodward85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

By your own post, you admit Trump had no proof.

You admit that he was pressuring a foreign country to investigate a US citizen.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The number of people who object to Trump on the basis that he is Trump that he is a bad man and that they believe anything and everything that is said negatively about him way WAY out numbers those, maybe yourself, who would sit down and say "This is the reason I hate Trump"

That doesn’t mean they’re wrong. Anyone who has paid attention to Trump before he ran for President knows what a slimy unethical person he is. Being observant of who he is doesn’t nullify their opinion.

The crazy people aren’t the ones who think a man who built a fortune off of being unethical is still being unethical. The crazy ones are the people arguing he isn’t.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

By your own post, you admit Trump had no proof.

You admit that he was pressuring a foreign country to investigate a US citizen.

Did Biden get investigated?

Did Ukraine get their (well actually our) money?

Lolz🤪

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
For those claiming Trump was simply going after corruption, there is another story going around now about Trump withholding a shipment of congressionally approved Javelin missiles to make Ukraine drop charges and an investigation into Paul Manifort.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Im pretty sure Biden was already investigated...

Before this ever happened lol. Trump insisted he be investigated even though they already had!!!

It really is the worst case scenario for trump as far as the allegations go..

Trump ONLY mentioned investigating Biden.. no other corruption..

Trump was already accused of going to the Russian government for dirt on his political opponents. THEN DIES IT AGAIN WITH TAX DOLLARS!!

The part that just is the craziest to me is that conservatives won’t just admit they do not care..

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Source the investigation please.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Im pretty sure Biden was already investigated...

Before this ever happened lol. Trump insisted he be investigated even though they already had!!!

It really is the worst case scenario for trump as far as the allegations go..

Trump ONLY mentioned investigating Biden.. no other corruption..

Trump was already accused of going to the Russian government for dirt on his political opponents. THEN DIES IT AGAIN WITH TAX DOLLARS!!

The part that just is the craziest to me is that conservatives won’t just admit they do not care..

Well sure Biden was investigated...He was investigated by the gangster who replaced the prosecutor who was going to investigate Biden before Biden had him fired...The investigation took about 4 minutes to complete...

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There may have been an earlier instance though. With the previous president. Manafort was being investigated because of all the ukraine money he managed to walk away with. For some reason, that investigation was dropped like a hot potato after trump came into office.

So, the us has been lecturing the ukraine about corruption all this time until trump gets into office. And..

The Manafort story is perculating up again with new info by what I hear or at least the question being asked... was the former president pressured to drop the investigation into Manafort's ukraine money?

And, we find out trump was using the funding to ukraine as a bribe practically to get them to announce publicly that they were investigating one of trumps political rivals as well as work towards undermining out intelligence agencies by taking the blame for the election hacking onto themselves.

Have to ask, just what kind of message did this send to ukraine regarding corruption? That we dont care if you meddle in our election or are corrupt as long as the corruption benefits our president and his colleagues?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Oh please. Don't even suggest that Trump was trying to act discreetly. That's absolutely out of character for him in any condition anytime anywhere over the 50 or so years of his public life. He has zero filter.

This is where you get to shine. Just show where Trump was blabbering about Joe and his Boy's Ukraine issues before the Whistle blower brought it up. Otherwise, how can it be anything different? I'm a fan, so bring on the mental gymnastics!

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

/shrug

PS: Of course Biden is "corrupt" ... I don't think the seed is in Ukraine though.

Must....fight......narrative..............cnn.........programming..............ahhhhrg!!!!!!!

Am I close?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Do you count these?

In early May, the official Trump-backed Super PAC posted a Tweet linking to a story with the following headline: “HUNTER BIDEN’S WORK IN UKRAINE EMERGES AS A POTENTIAL 2020 SCANDAL.”

In June, about a month before the president’s second call with Zelenskiy, Trump’s campaign tweeted an imaginary executive order “preventing Joe Biden from steering sweetheart foreign deals to family.” It even included a directive to sign up for campaign text alerts.

Trump Jr. sent at least five tweets between April and August dealing with Hunter Biden’s business arrangements in Ukraine, often linking to stories with damning banners, including: “Eight Things to Know About the Biden Family's Culture of Corruption”

On June 20, GOP chairwoman Ronna McDaniel tweeted: “Weeks after Joe Biden traveled to China and Ukraine as VP, his son cashed in on millions of dollars in foreign money. Even Democrats are calling it a “huge” conflict of interest. Biden needs to come clean about abusing his role as America’s top diplomat.”

Even the president retweeted several messages on Biden and Ukraine earlier this year, including one by former Gov. Mike Huckabee calling out “Biden’s cushy deals w/ Ukraine and China,” ending simply with “#Enough.”
link

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

They released a bunch of docs from the Mueller investigation yesterday. Theres still quite a few redactions in them but they show the trump administration was hooked into this story before the election.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny
Because Biden is the only thing worth mentioning. Trump is trying to backtrack the source of the Russian collusion lie and it lead us here...

It's becoming more and more clear why Obama told Biden not to run and won't endorse him if he does. It won't take much investigating to find out where the real Russian collusion came from.

After 3 years of constant investigations and nothing to show for it. You all think this time somehow someway it will be the golden BB?
LOL

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Have to ask, just what kind of message did this send to ukraine regarding corruption? That we dont care if you meddle in our election or are corrupt as long as the corruption benefits our president and his colleagues?

To hear Vindman tell it, the latest whistleblower witness who testified before Schiff, he doesn't care if there's any corruption between the Ukraine or U.S. as long as we don't upset the Ukraine because they're a much needed buffer to Russia for national security purposes. So, Obama's admin already sent that message to them.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Well sure Biden was investigated...He was investigated by the gangster who replaced the prosecutor who was going to investigate Biden before Biden had him fired...The investigation took about 4 minutes to complete...

I actually read something along those lines. The prosecutor was told to give the case the "white glove" treatment, which apparently was a buzz word command for not even touching it.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

/shrug

PS: Of course Biden is "corrupt" ... I don't think the seed is in Ukraine though.

Must....fight......narrative..............cnn.........programming..............ahhhhrg!!!!!!!

Am I close?

Not even in the ballpark. Dude, you know that CNN is fake news right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join