It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump's phone call hurts Biden, it's not Trump's fault.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Proof that Biden did anything wrong? Ask the Ukraine or go see what the Kiev Post really has. This was an article that was published back in May. The Ukraine and the U.S. have both been investigating Barisma for over two years now.

The Kiev Post writes, “A memo allegedly leaked from the Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine shows that prosecutors are accusing [Mr. Biden] of receiving ‘an unlawful benefit’ from former Ukrainian Ecology Minister Mykola Zlochevsky’s Burisma Group, an oil and gas producer.”

The document, the paper reported, also accuses Mr. Zlochevsky of offering Mr. Biden and former U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry a “share of Burisma Group’s profits” for their help.

tsarizm.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

From your "source" ...

I am no fan of Joe Biden, but the “memo” needs to be taken with a great big grain of salt. Ukraine is famously corrupt, and such explosive findings need to be met with the same thorough vetting that the so-called “black ledger” implicating former Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort should have received.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Once again, that's the opinion of the person who wrote this article, but nevertheless, the Kiev Post is the originator of this information.

To add insult to injury, since all of this news has been breaking, other reports are showing that the previous Ukrainian President was caught offering $100 million for the prosecutors to drop their investigation into Barisma and has since defected to London. It looks like the corruption was starting in the President's office, not the prosecutors.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Once again, that's the opinion of the person who wrote this article, but nevertheless, the Kiev Post is the originator of this information.

To add insult to injury, since all of this news has been breaking, other reports are showing that the previous Ukrainian President was caught offering $100 million for the prosecutors to drop their investigation into Barisma and has since defected to London. It looks like the corruption was starting in the President's office, not the prosecutors.

Indeed, it's the opinion of the person who wrote the article, that you are citing as support for a claim that Joe Biden is allegedly guilty of something.

Ukrainian politics is and has been corrupt. This is not exactly news. If you're going to argue that Biden is corrupt, however, it seems to me you'd chose a source that didn't contradict your claim.

/shrug

PS: Of course Biden is "corrupt" ... I don't think the seed is in Ukraine though.
edit on 3-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Has nothing to do with him hurting Biden. The only question did he use the power of the presidency to he his reelection campaign? As president you are not supposed to weaponize the govt.

There's no way to prove that since the investigation from both sides started over two years ago. Trump campaigned originally on draining the swamp and that's exactly what he's trying to do. The only administration that has weaponized our government against a campaign is Obama's and Biden participated.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Has nothing to do with him hurting Biden. The only question did he use the power of the presidency to he his reelection campaign? As president you are not supposed to weaponize the govt.

There's no way to prove that since the investigation from both sides started over two years ago. Trump campaigned originally on draining the swamp and that's exactly what he's trying to do. The only administration that has weaponized our government against a campaign is Obama's and Biden participated.

Draining the swamp?

He should have started with his Campaign.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: network dude

Trump is the president of America, not the president of the Republican party.

He should look out for the interests of all of his citizens, and not sell the ones that he doesn't like out to foreign powers. If Biden is corrupt then he should be tried in an American court before a jury of his piers. And trump should use law enforcement bodies to gather evidence against him. Not blackmail foreign countries into digging up dirt.

If Biden is guilty this whole mess could get him off Scott free. As it raises doubt over evidentiary sources and chains.

The well is now well and truly poisoned.

Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Live and learn, especially since Trump isn't an establishment politician with knowledge of everyone's background. Most of Trump's campaign was set up anyway. Manafort worked with Hillary Clinton's dear Podesta brothers in all of his Ukraniain dealings. Have you heard about their arrests yet?

edit on 3-11-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: network dude
I was trying to find a way to articulate this in the title, but probably fell short. I was thinking, the phone call was private. Nothing was leaked by Trump or anyone on his team. He asked for Ukraine to look into a few things. However you feel about those things is irrelevant. Had notbody brought up the call, nobody would have known he asked.

The problem is the people involved knew something shady was going on and they did not want be accomplices to a crime. Form Taylor's text message below he really didn't want to go to prison:

The evidence:

Sullivan: "Soliciting investigations into a domestic political opponent, I don't think that would be in accord with our values"

A week later, Taylor was even more concerned, texting Sondland: "As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign."

Vindman: "I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine"

Vindman: "I am a patriot, and it is my sacred duty and honor to advance and defend OUR country, irrespective of party or politics"

Now contrary to your trolling hook line you have in your title, please show me any evidence Biden has done anything wrong. This why you Republicans are so incompetent. You actually think the propaganda mud-slinging is true because this is what you want to believe. The thing is people do not get indicted without evidence.

Please I'm begging you to put Hillary and Obama in prison. Please indict the corrupt effers. Oh wait you don't have any evidence because Republicans are incompetent. I'll keep waiting. And Pelosi too. Nothing but mud gets thrown her way too.

The people convicted Hillary. She ain't President. And by people I mean the Electoral College. Those people convicted her. She lost. Those are the rules. Don't like the rules then change them but they did convict her. The legal system citizens are in is different than the one high ranking politicians are on so no, nobody will get convicted as you describe. They get convicted by losing elections. It rarely goes beyond losing political power.

Biden is being convicted by the people right now. His polling numbers have dipped and so has his campaign contributions. Beto was convicted. Gone. Kamara almost convicted, close to gone as it gets.

As for Trump, maybe he is guilty of something, probably who knows but the Senate will look away. If they don't, many of them will be convicted and lose their next election. That would be close to 30 members of Congress gone. Not gonna happen.

edit on 3-11-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Trump so obviously asked Ukraine to look into biden's son because it was about his political rival.

I don't think he should be impeached for it, but it wasn't agood move as a president.

The hoops you trump supporters will do to get trump out of all wrong-doing is unbelievable. I thought liberals were bad in their zealot-like anti-trump behavior. But you devout trump supporters are just as bad and completely incapable of recognizing when trump does something wrong.

How is Biden a rival?

Secondly, we have a treaty with the Ukraine with regard to investigating criminal matters. Can anyone prove if Trump asked for the Ukrainian President to look into Burisma/the Bidens, as a candidate, or did he ask in his capacity as President, with that treaty giving further authority to do so.

Lastly, Hillary Clinton had neither when running for President, when she had a firm, who hired an ex-mi6 agent, who then hired Russians, to dig up dirt (investigate) a political rival. But there is nary a peep from any of you about that. You're only focused on Trump.

Zealotry indeed.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Has nothing to do with him hurting Biden. The only question did he use the power of the presidency to help his reelection campaign? As president you are not supposed to weaponize the govt.

We'll have to see whether the Obama Admin set that precedent or not.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Live and learn, especially since Trump isn't an establishment politician with knowledge of everyone's background. Most of Trump's campaign was set up anyway. Manafort worked with Hillary Clinton's dear Podesta brothers in all of his Ukraniain dealings. Have you heard about their arrests yet?

No offense intended and I mean that honestly.

I find it fascinating to watch people pick and choose their heroes and villains.

The Podestas arrested? Do tell.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

That's precisely my point. The Podestas have not been arrested even though they were working in the Ukraine with Manafort without being registered as foreign agents either. They registered after Manafort got busted.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I think that Trump knew his call was being listened to. He knew that they would tell Congress and they would try to impeach him. He also knew it would not make it out of the Senate. He let the media do the rest to take Biden out.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

That's precisely my point. The Podestas have not been arrested even though they were working in the Ukraine with Manafort without being registered as foreign agents either. They registered after Manafort got busted.

It was clearly an investigation in corruption in the Ukraine as long as you were working with the bad orange man.

All of those with TDS were given a free pass.

You will find people on this very thread say that Ukraine was clearly corrupt, then a few sentences later ask you for a source on how Biden funneling money out of the Ukraine is corrupt.....

Lolz🤪

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Gryphon66

No.

If the Trump Administration suspects Joe Biden of "corruption" then the DOJ should be investigating him.

Openly.

Do you have any CONCRETE information that is true?

Don't confuse the pieces for the players.

So there should be an open investigation into Biden? What if he's clean?

The way Trump did this, if there was nothing to see, only he and Zelinsky (and those on the call) woudl know it.

I'm confused, do you see that part differently?

eta: how is "concrete" evidence found? Looking?

If Biden is clean, he's "exonerated" ain't he?

Oh please. Don't even suggest that Trump was trying to act discreetly. That's absolutely out of character for him in any condition anytime anywhere over the 50 or so years of his public life. He has zero filter.

The op is saying that this Ukraine call happened many months after the whistleblower came forward.

Those with TDS insisted that we get to the bottom of this.

THAT IS WHEN TRUMP RELEASED THE TRANSCRIPT!

so you saying that he was trying to make the Biden corruption phone call public is completely absurd.....

Lolz🤪

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Trump set them up. He absolutely knows people are listening to his calls. He had to say something to set them off but not damning enough to have any impact on him. Just enough to smoke Hunter and Biden out and just enough to make Democrats blow every fuse in the box.

I guess maybe after this one they will get it. He is the master of all trolls.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Trump so obviously asked Ukraine to look into biden's son because it was about his political rival.

I don't think he should be impeached for it, but it wasn't agood move as a president.

The hoops you trump supporters will do to get trump out of all wrong-doing is unbelievable. I thought liberals were bad in their zealot-like anti-trump behavior. But you devout trump supporters are just as bad and completely incapable of recognizing when trump does something wrong.

No, what IS obvious is you don't have a clue what went on...

Trump as a citizen is investigating corrupt elements in our gov't that tried to run a coup on him with the Mueller investigation and phony dossier...It led to Ukraine and CrowdStrike which was funded by the DNC and Clinton campaign and ultimately, the White House under Obama and Biden...

During the course of this investigation a video clip of Biden surfaced where he admitted where he pulled off a quid quo pro against Ukraine where he threatened to withhold hundreds of millions of dollars if they continued their investigation of Biden's son who due to Biden's position was being paid an excessive amount of cash by a corrupt petroleum company which Biden was overseeing as well...Exactly what they are trying to charge Trump with...And Biden admitted and bragged about it...

Trump asked the President of Ukraine to look into the corrupt CrowdStrike and corrupt Petroleum company since over a billion taxpayer bucks was funneled into that company and the corrupt Ukraine gov't...And that money has come up missing...

Trump asked that President if he would work with the American DOJ to investigate...The Ukrainian President told Trump that he was well aware of the CrowdStrike and gas company corruption and was already investigating it...Trump wanted to withhold that money until it was shown that Ukraine was being honest and wouldn't steal the money and use if for nefarious purposes...

There are a few Democrat Senators and likely Obama himself who are involved in the criminal scam...Obama and his wife were paid 65 million dollars to write a couple books...You don't really think the Obamas sold 65 million dollars worth of books, do you???

There is nothing political about this, other than a criminal is running for President of the Democrat Party...There was no quid pro quo from Trump and is proven, three times...

First, the President of Ukraine said there was no quid pro quo during the telephone call...And secondly, there was no mention of money during the phone call because it was not known by Ukraine that the money had been held up...And lastly, the money was paid by Trump to Ukraine even tho there weren't any investigations that took place...

A shame you guys refuse to do a little investigation instead of taking the side of your media and party hacks and repeat lies...

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Joe Biden is not Trumps opponent, and he never will be. Joe will be declared mentally unfit to face any charges for the crimes he boasted that he committed.

The Indian gal with the 52 trillion dollar health plan is who they are putting their bet on. Sounds promising huh?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That is the craziest logic ever..

A) trump has never asked for any corruption investigation EXCEPT for where biden was concerned... we are not talking about

“if you look at the transcript, trump mentioned 34 instances of corruption not concerning Biden and 4 that did... “

Trump ONLY mentioned Biden... he read a crack pot conservative media site and then started pressuring Ukraine to open an investigation...

Because it doesn’t take a guilty verdict to hurt you politically obviously....just an investigation will do it... ask hillary Clinton lol..

B) you literally just said “it wouldn’t matter if he committed a crime if no one found out..”

lol....

Y’all really would support him if he murdered someone on time square ?? Huh???

The way ya’ll bend over backwards to make his actions legal, when I’d you assume he did it, there are no mental gymnastics required..

It checks every box.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join