It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump's phone call hurts Biden, it's not Trump's fault.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I was trying to find a way to articulate this in the title, but probably fell short. I was thinking, the phone call was private. Nothing was leaked by Trump or anyone on his team. He asked for Ukraine to look into a few things. However you feel about those things is irrelevant. Had notbody brought up the call, nobody would have known he asked.

And if he found out later, after Zelinsky checked it out, that Biden's sons job was all kosher, and nothing happened regarding the DNC server and Ukraine, it seems wrong that Trump would have said something about it, knowing that previously, he hadn't mentioned it.

With all that as known fact, it looks like those who wish to bring Trump down accepted Biden as a casualty of war before this was even launched. So Biden needn't be angry at Donald, he should be angry at Schiff. And the conspiratorial nature of all this, wasn't something Trump tried to make public, instead, he tried to find facts from the source.

With Harris dropping out soon, and Beto going back to being an Irish Mexican, the field isn't looking good for the left. And while I don't care for Biden, I pray that he doesn't have dementia. It's a horrible disease and I wouldn't wish anyone have to go through that with their family.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Trump is the president of America, not the president of the Republican party.

He should look out for the interests of all of his citizens, and not sell the ones that he doesn't like out to foreign powers. If Biden is corrupt then he should be tried in an American court before a jury of his piers. And trump should use law enforcement bodies to gather evidence against him. Not blackmail foreign countries into digging up dirt.

If Biden is guilty this whole mess could get him off Scott free. As it raises doubt over evidentiary sources and chains.

The well is now well and truly poisoned.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Trump did not blast it all over news that Biden was being investigated by Ukraine, nothing would have even come out of it if Biden had not done anything wrong. The Democrats and media are the ones that tarnished Biden's reputation, the only way to clear his reputation properly is to have Ukraine actually investigate this and find nothing. Trump just said investigate if there was wrongdoing, he never said to frame Biden, the media is actually framing Biden.

You have to look at things from multiple sides, not just the way you believe is true. It may have been found that Biden was within the law in what he did, now the Democrats are forcing Ukraine to find the truth of what was happening, they will surely find some bad things that the Bidens were involved in instead of just putting Trump's mind at ease. The Dems are blowing this all up and I think it will cause Biden to actually be found guilty of something, because the leader of Ukraine now will make sure to cross all of the Ts and dot all of the Is. They could have just run a small investigation to make sure that nothing majorly wrong occurred, now they have to check everything thoroughly and Biden was no angel in this.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I have to say that it continues to amaze me that people can see what's wrong with Joe but can't see what's wrong with Don.

There was nothing illegal in Trump's call to Zelensky ... regardless of what was said.

The Constitution gives the President awesome diplomatic powers, those are balanced by the awesome power given to the House and that is further balanced by the Senate.

What do you do to a President that has been Impeached but not removed?

Better question: what can a President who has been impeached but not removed do?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Trump is the president of America, not the president of the Republican party.

He should look out for the interests of all of his citizens, and not sell the ones that he doesn't like out to foreign powers. If Biden is corrupt then he should be tried in an American court before a jury of his piers. And trump should use law enforcement bodies to gather evidence against him. Not blackmail foreign countries into digging up dirt.

If Biden is guilty this whole mess could get him off Scott free. As it raises doubt over evidentiary sources and chains.

The well is now well and truly poisoned.

well, that is just it. If Biden was super corrupt, and laundering money with the Ukraine, then the entier US woudl need to know that, before he was elected president. Do you agree? Or should any of that be left alone, and we just chalk that up to normal corruption?

And remember, Nobody told the media about this until Schiff's whistleblower.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I have to say that it continues to amaze me that people can see what's wrong with Joe but can't see what's wrong with Don.

There was nothing illegal in Trump's call to Zelensky ... regardless of what was said.

The Constitution gives the President awesome diplomatic powers, those are balanced by the awesome power given to the House and that is further balanced by the Senate.

What do you do to a President that has been Impeached but not removed?

Better question: what can a President who has been impeached but not removed do?

I'll pose this qestion to you. Should Biden's possible involvement be ignored since he is running for president?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

No.

If the Trump Administration suspects Joe Biden of "corruption" then the DOJ should be investigating him.

Openly.

Do you have any CONCRETE information that is true?

Don't confuse the pieces for the players.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

No.

If the Trump Administration suspects Joe Biden of "corruption" then the DOJ should be investigating him.

Openly.

So there should be an open investigation into Biden? What if he's clean?

The way Trump did this, if there was nothing to see, only he and Zelinsky (and those on the call) woudl know it.

I'm confused, do you see that part differently?

eta: how is "concrete" evidence found? Looking?
edit on 3-11-2019 by network dude because: tea is the secret to life.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Trump so obviously asked Ukraine to look into biden's son because it was about his political rival.

I don't think he should be impeached for it, but it wasn't agood move as a president.

The hoops you trump supporters will do to get trump out of all wrong-doing is unbelievable. I thought liberals were bad in their zealot-like anti-trump behavior. But you devout trump supporters are just as bad and completely incapable of recognizing when trump does something wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Biden is still a front runner but he ain't doing all that great. It doesn't look like he is going to survive this Ukraine ethics stuff. Chatter is they want to push Hillary out there again. Sounds crazy but she's their best shot. Rest of the candidates are no match for this guy.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Trump so obviously asked Ukraine to look into biden's son because it was about his political rival.

I don't think he should be impeached for it, but it wasn't agood move as a president.

The hoops you trump supporters will do to get trump out of all wrong-doing is unbelievable. I thought liberals were bad in their zealot-like anti-trump behavior. But you devout trump supporters are just as bad and completely incapable of recognizing when trump does something wrong.

Please put your TDS aside for a minute. Just read the OP as if Hillary or Schiff wrote it. I posed it as a staement of fact, if you disagree with the premise of the OP, please talk about that. If you can't go one sentense from speaking about Trump supporters, find therapy.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I was trying to find a way to articulate this in the title, but probably fell short. I was thinking, the phone call was private. Nothing was leaked by Trump or anyone on his team. He asked for Ukraine to look into a few things. However you feel about those things is irrelevant. Had notbody brought up the call, nobody would have known he asked.

The problem is the people involved knew something shady was going on and they did not want be accomplices to a crime. Form Taylor's text message below he really didn't want to go to prison:

The evidence:

Sullivan: "Soliciting investigations into a domestic political opponent, I don't think that would be in accord with our values"

A week later, Taylor was even more concerned, texting Sondland: "As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign."

Vindman: "I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine"

Vindman: "I am a patriot, and it is my sacred duty and honor to advance and defend OUR country, irrespective of party or politics"

Now contrary to your trolling hook line you have in your title, please show me any evidence Biden has done anything wrong. This why you Republicans are so incompetent. You actually think the propaganda mud-slinging is true because this is what you want to believe. The thing is people do not get indicted without evidence.

Please I'm begging you to put Hillary and Obama in prison. Please indict the corrupt effers. Oh wait you don't have any evidence because Republicans are incompetent. I'll keep waiting. And Pelosi too. Nothing but mud gets thrown her way too.

edit on 3-11-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I don't disagree with that. What my OP is about is that had nobody mentioned it, nobody would even know Trump asked for this to be looked at. Do you disagree with that?

Please explain what about the title painted Biden in a bad light.
edit on 3-11-2019 by network dude because: tds strikes again.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I don’t see that any law was broken by the phone call. If Bush or Clinton were President instead of Trump, still no crime, just business as usual between world leaders.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Has nothing to do with him hurting Biden. The only question did he use the power of the presidency to help his reelection campaign? As president you are not supposed to weaponize the govt.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The problem is the people involved knew something shady was going on and they did not want be accomplices to a crime. Form Taylor's text message below he really didn't want to go to prison:

The evidence:

Sullivan: "Soliciting investigations into a domestic political opponent, I don't think that would be in accord with our values"

A week later, Taylor was even more concerned, texting Sondland: "As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign."

Vindman: "I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine"

Vindman: "I am a patriot, and it is my sacred duty and honor to advance and defend OUR country, irrespective of party or politics"

Now contrary to your trolling hook line you have in your title, please show me any evidence Biden has done anything wrong. This why you Republicans are so incompetent. You actually think the propaganda mud-slinging is true because this is what you want to believe. The thing is people do not get indicted without evidence.

Please I'm begging you to put Hillary and Obama in prison. Please indict the corrupt effers. Oh wait you don't have any evidence because Republicans are incompetent. I'll keep waiting. And Pelosi too. Nothing but mud gets thrown her way too.

That's what I don't understand. If those people did something wrong and those in power know, why won't they step up and do something about it.
The answer is: they all have dirt on them, so they all keep their mouth shut, as for Trump, he's the only one who's got the guts to represent all Americans and I feel he's being punished for that.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I’ll ask you one, what if Ukraine decides what Biden did does make him guilty of crimes in the Ukraine and demands his extradition? THEN how is this Impeachment Jazz gonna play out?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Doesn't matter. Orange Man Bad, so whatever happens, even if corruption was found, which we all know is there when it comes to the Biden situation, openly admitting it on television and in his books, the Orange Man Bad army will go after Trump heck at this point they'd no doubt say Trump set it up. Not one of the anti-Trumpers will admit to anything GOOD that Trump has done and shining the light on this problem will still be a problem for them. I've said before Trump could cure Cancer and the left would be screaming and crying about that. They cannot get passed their hatred for the man to see reality.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

No.

Openly.

So there should be an open investigation into Biden? What if he's clean?

The way Trump did this, if there was nothing to see, only he and Zelinsky (and those on the call) woudl know it.

I'm confused, do you see that part differently?

eta: how is "concrete" evidence found? Looking?

If Biden is clean, he's "exonerated" ain't he?

Oh please. Don't even suggest that Trump was trying to act discreetly. That's absolutely out of character for him in any condition anytime anywhere over the 50 or so years of his public life. He has zero filter.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Dear Trump supporters:

Can I make a suggestion? Endlessly repeating "TDS" and "Orange Man Bad" in every context, every topic, without fail has gone beyond irritating (which I'm sure was the point for many of you) into absolute mind-blistering absurdity.

We get it. There are many who oppose Trump that overstate their cases on a regular basis. There are those who have "hated" Trump from the get-go. There are those who are playing for the Blue Team or the Red Team and don't really see anything else.

IF you care about the strength of your arguments, for future generations of ATS readers, just stop the blatant overuse of these, okay? Some of you have good points in argument and rebuttal but the incessant use of these little taglines destroys any integrity.

Thanks, for listening.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join