It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people insult me when I try to tell my story?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I’ve been having the most incredible time of my life for the past 2.5 years, but when I try to share my story on conspiracy, paranormal, and alien forums I usually get insulted. People will say i’m Schizophrenic, retarded, a homosexual, etc.

Why are people so scummy?

Why even hang out in such places if you’re just going to insult the story tellers?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LosingMyMind

What's your story???

You've got a total of (6) posts, and you joined one day ago. How many times have you tried to tell your story?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Oh, do you mean like how so many people here do that to one another?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
People on ATS don’t call people names outside of the Mudpit. Unless your story is political in nature it wouldn’t happen on ATS.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If your story is plausible then it will get traction. If it's a fantasy, or fantastic, then people will (rightly) question wat you say. If you cannot handle questions and debate, then whose problem is it?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LosingMyMind
I’ve been having the most incredible time of my life for the past 2.5 years, but when I try to share my story on conspiracy, paranormal, and alien forums I usually get insulted. People will say i’m Schizophrenic, retarded, a homosexual, etc.

Why even hang out in such places if you’re just going to insult the story tellers?

The things you listed are either medicall conditions or sexual preference. Personally if people call me any of those things I ignore it. Are you any of these things?

If you want a thread to do better than average then here is some advice.

Format your story for easy reading. Paragraphs, punctuation, and linear narrative.

Write your story or post in a word document and take time to edit before cutting and pasting here. This also prevents you from losing a long post by some act of ATS gods.

Assume your reader doesn't know anything about you and doesn't know what's in your head. No enigmatic references.

Don't expect a miracle. If you've put 0 time into the forum don't expect others to fawn over it if you choose to puke up an autobiography. Take some time and engage in the forum before you demand attention.

The above are the main problems I see from new members with incredible stories or revelations. I think one big mistake is the last bit. You don't walk into a pub and start spewing your life story or you end up sitting alone. Respond to posts and engage with others. Have a beer and relax. Soak in the atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Time to tell us your story!

You won’t get called those names. Most of us in here don’t use the word ‘homosexual’ as an insult either, you’ve been hanging in the wrong places.

One thing is... if your story is ‘way out’ then a bit of evidence to back it up won’t hurt. But no matter what people will question and be skeptic. But that’s a great thing, not something to be insulted about.

So tell on...

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

hear is a " brilliant idea "

actually tell your story

instead of whineing about being insulted " somewhere else "

whats the worst that can happen ?????????

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Let’s hear it .

The treatment you got at the conspiracy gladiator camps . (which three come to mind)

Won’t happen here you’re in a different part of town . ( The good side of the tracks )

Spit it out young man . 🙋‍♂️

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
*backs out of thread, slowly*

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Oh dear... how are we to know the hearts and minds of these others??? We don't know why some people are so scummy either!

We'd all like to hear your story too. And can't tell you why others think what they do, but we'll tell you what we think...

But in addition to the excellent advice another poster already offered, I would add that you might want to start with an introduction post, familiarize yourself a little with the T&Cs (Terms and Conditions), make yourself comfy, and start engaging. Some forums require a certain number of posts to be able to make your own thread. I think you'll find that we're a diverse bunch from all walks of life, all political and philosophical persuasions, all sizes, shapes and flavors!

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well, this is the only thread you have started to tell a story. Not much of a story, you are complaining like we said bad things. Give us a chance to appropriately insult you, tell your story.

Welcome to the site, you are now capable of making threads I see. Now a lot of people here try to debunk or explain things if you post conspiracies, that is normal to have debates here in threads. It does not mean that these people are against you personally but they are questioning your insight here a lot. Everyone believes a little different, identify if the criticism is actually constructive criticism or just criticism before condemning the poster.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Everyone here is a comedian. Just pick any thread at random. 99% of the time, within the first 3 replies you will see a troll or someone trying to be funny.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
With the slurs quoted, is certainly sounds like the OPs been hangin' out on 4chan.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Your post laid it out so well....nice of ya to take the time to delineate such great tips.....what you posted oughtta be a sticky.....!

a reply to: Ksihkehe

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

The things you listed are either medicall conditions or sexual preference. Personally if people call me any of those things I ignore it. Are you any of these things?

If you want a thread to do better than average then here is some advice.

Format your story for easy reading. Paragraphs, punctuation, and linear narrative.

Write your story or post in a word document and take time to edit before cutting and pasting here. This also prevents you from losing a long post by some act of ATS gods.

Assume your reader doesn't know anything about you and doesn't know what's in your head. No enigmatic references.

Don't expect a miracle. If you've put 0 time into the forum don't expect others to fawn over it if you choose to puke up an autobiography. Take some time and engage in the forum before you demand attention.

The above are the main problems I see from new members with incredible stories or revelations. I think one big mistake is the last bit. You don't walk into a pub and start spewing your life story or you end up sitting alone. Respond to posts and engage with others. Have a beer and relax. Soak in the atmosphere.

what a fantastic advice post for new posters! Take this to heart!

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The best thing about the internet is that anyone can post anything they want.

The worst thing about the internet is that anyone can post anything they want.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I saw his story on another forum, it started like:

There once was an alien from Nantucket.....

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
People on ATS don’t call people names outside of the Mudpit. Unless your story is political in nature it wouldn’t happen on ATS.

I've been called just about everything, and I rarely ever wander into the mudpit.

To the OP:
Grow thicker skin.
Adapt or perish...

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

hear is a " brilliant idea "

actually tell your story

instead of whineing about being insulted " somewhere else "

whats the worst that can happen ?????????

Here not hear.
It's like I've been a grammar fascist on you for a decade almost yet I see zero improvement in your skills.

Are you purposely resisting learning English?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join