It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just can't win

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Ninetees were nostalgic for me as I was a kid. Only thirty now but I feel I was born in the wrong generation. No social media besides this... And lately I've only been watching old movies since they have plot and dialog that has to captivate the viewer rather than special effects.

I'm a big fan of conversation, I feel like the more technology progresses, the less we see of it.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I'll never remember it's twelve, I've come to terms with that.

Just like I have to sounding aluminum in a British voice in my head before saying it to avoid looking like a dumbass.

Those are my only two flaws 😁

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Ninetees were nostalgic for me as I was a kid. Only thirty now but I feel I was born in the wrong generation. No social media besides this... And lately I've only been watching old movies since they have plot and dialog that has to captivate the viewer rather than special effects.

I'm a big fan of conversation, I feel like the more technology progresses, the less we see of it.

Agreed, I'm a few years older, but it seems I'm doing the same.

Seems the film industry took a solid falling off point and the 90's represent the last bit of safety were a good storyline with a bit of tech was still at a point of balance.

Either way, I'm sure most people will just call that thinking(by you or I) as "old" people clinging to something. Even while new movies seem to fall factually into the dumpster(see the new terminator film grossing a "massive" 25 mil on friday's opening day for it's massive 200 mil budget).
edit on 2-11-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Maybe it's our purpose to make sure the old doesn't get lost with the new.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hi I’m new here. I joined to tell my story but can’t post anything yet so I’m here. I’ve been thinking of starting to drink to feel better about life

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well, just wrapped up Fifth Element.

It never disappoints.

It's films the way they used to be. Entertaining, emotional and gives you a bit of hope in your worthless life(for the better).

Woke SJW nonsense these days is barely entertaining, completely devoid of emotion but still makes you feel worthless not in any way to strive for anything better, but because you deserve nothing more than misery.

It's no wonder how I came to this point. I used to spend hundreds(thousands) on physical releases and relished watching films in my home theater(consisting of a 5 figure setup). Now i rewatch old movies on a small TV in a garage because all the new # just isn't worth my time.

Thank god hollywood has all that chinese money(and cock to suck) to cover up for their lack of ability in creating entertaining shows people actually want to PAY for.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LosingMyMind
Hi I’m new here. I joined to tell my story but can’t post anything yet so I’m here. I’ve been thinking of starting to drink to feel better about life

Drinking isn't about feeling "better" about your life, just feeling "less" of your life.

Welcome aboard sailor.....

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: angelofmercy

Sorry you can’t win but you’re a winner because you’re not out driving while drunk like so many people that have zero brains!

That's something social people do.

Us losers have no friends and therefor do most of our drinking alone, in the dark, with a lava lamp in the corner of the room as we pretend that we are so popular that our level of popularity actually dictates that we have no association with anyone as we drink massive amounts of liquor.

I know it sounds confusing and that the math doesn't work out, trust me, it does...somehow.

You have a lava lamp in the corner too, # eh I had better go makes some friends to get drunk with..

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: angelofmercy

Sorry you can’t win but you’re a winner because you’re not out driving while drunk like so many people that have zero brains!

That's something social people do.

Us losers have no friends and therefor do most of our drinking alone, in the dark, with a lava lamp in the corner of the room as we pretend that we are so popular that our level of popularity actually dictates that we have no association with anyone as we drink massive amounts of liquor.

I know it sounds confusing and that the math doesn't work out, trust me, it does...somehow.

You have a lava lamp in the corner too, # eh I had better go makes some friends to get drunk with..

Why would you need to make friends if you have the lamp?

The lamp not good enough for you?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

It was until I read your post, now it just sits there mocking me...
edit on 3-11-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It was until I read your post...

Well, sorry if I came between you two.

Maybe, someday, you and I(and our lamps) can get together and have a double date?

Maybe that will rekindle your lost passion for that warm glowing liquid that was always there for you when times were bad.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

All I need is this lamp...and this chair.......annnd this ashtray...i don't need anything else....and this hat...

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

It was just a point of realisation, my lamp is like Wilson...WILSON...come back...

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Why do I always think thirteen monkeys? It's like one of my top ten movies, haha.

But yes... I can watch Die Hard and enjoy it, but he did have more range than people will give him credit for. We can add Sixth Sense to the Sci fi resume to him (which isn't one I'll watch over and over, but was great), Surrogates, and Looper.

Bruce is good and probably moreso if you were of age when he was at his peak. Though he still always delivers, even recently in the death wish remake(though he's no charlie b in that role).

Surrogates is a nice hidden gem, if not for bruce but for the look into our inevitable future of tech dystopia.

Don't forget the cheesy (the good cheesy) Hudson Hawk with Danny Aiello.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Oh, so this is "Random Romper Room"?

Cool!

Wooden pencils have a spirit. Did you know this? They facilitate the development of ideas being put onto paper, and they provide their resources in the form of wood shavings and graphite along the way. Seems wild huh? Well, think about it this way...

The writer has an idea in his/her mind, and the pencil is a means to articulate this idea to others, via a medium of paper. So, in a way, the pencil is the intermediary between the mind and the paper. As time passes, the pencil gets shorter until it is expended, much like life. And in it's wake the pencil leaves history behind, much the same as we do. All of those pencil shavings are the product of a historical record left behind by the mind of the writer for which the pencil gives it's life/spirit.

Ponder that for a minute. (Oh, and it's only "two paragraphs" **wink**)
edit on 11/3/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Thoughts while drinking....

Bacon is diametrically opposed to tofu.

In Physics there is (starting from the least):

Electromagnitism
Gravity
The Weak Force
The Strong Force
...and...
The force of BACON!

edit on 11/3/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Here's some music to acompany your bacon...

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
If you just can't win then that makes you guess what. A loser. And you know who doesn't like losers don't you?

Donald Trump. So buck up there fella and start winning gain and all will be ok.

Charlie Sheen likes winning.

And he's also a top notch grub maker.

I was in the OP's situation last night... watch the second episode of that new (and so far, laughable) show, See with everyones favourite hairy bloke, Jason Momosa, continue watching StarGate Atlantis for the 28'th time, or put on a movie called Ink.

Went with Ink coz I like weird stuff...

Had I had the notion to fine Where the Buffalo Roam, with Bill Murray in it as HST, I'd have completely gone that way.

Oh well, there's always tonight... or.. this afternoon.. depends on which one comes first.

edit on 3-11-2019 by gallop because: I dun forgot the dang video.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Crikey Glop. That's a full night of mentality interaction in itself. Strewth! Dunno what part of the day it is after reading your post. But then again there is daylight saving where I walkabout. Never could add that sh17 up.

Kind regards,

Curtains are fading here,

bally

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   

It's all because of that daylight savings time clock going back, extra hour thing. Getting drunk(er) earlier is just your capital gains on your investment. That and you went back in time one hour so you repeated what you did for an hour. Like compounded interest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join