It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the earliest trance song ever made?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Does anyone know how Trance originated?

The earliest song i could find was this track from 1987 but I'm not sure if it would pass as a "trance" song.

edit on 2-11-2019 by HouseMusic4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: HouseMusic4Life
Does anyone know how Trance originated?

The earliest song i could find was this track from 1987 but I'm not sure if it would pass as a "trance" song.

According to Wiki.

Trance is a genre of electronic music[7] that emerged from the British new-age music scene and the early 1990s German techno and hardcore scenes

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: HouseMusic4Life

I don't know if this song qualifies but I really like this song from around that time:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Both Vangelis, and Jean-Michel Jarre were producing pop/synth/so called trance music in the 1970s -80s-90s.

Giorgio Moroder was producing synth/disco in the 70s.

Electro pop has its roots back in the 50s with tape overdubs, and oscillators and other homebuilt electronics.

The 1963 Doctor Who theme, is a classic.

Of course, Louis and Bebe Barron's 1956 Forbidden Planet score is the first All Electronic movie theme ever, very way out.

edit on 2-11-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

1971:

"One of these days I'm going to hack you to pieces."

This probably doesn't qualify.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Trance music originated during the early 1990s in Germany. Some people insist that it was derived by Klaus Schulze, a music artist from Germany who liked to mix minimalist-sounding music with repetitive rhythms as was evident with his 1988 album "En=Trance".
Klaus Schulze - Fm Delight From the 1988 album "En=Trance".

The two tracks generally considered to have launched trance music into the mainstream are...

The Age Of Love - The Age Of Love

Dance 2 Trance - We Came In Peace (1990)

Since its inception, other subgenres have emerged including classic trance, acid trance, progressive trance, Psy-trance, hard trance, and uplifting trance.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

The concept goes back ages as far as the drumming aspect goes, think of shamans going into trance through dance and drums.

As far as the oldest electronic trance style track, I think Pop corn by Gershon Kingsley in 1969 has to be a contender. Then I feel love by Donna Summer in the 70’s was way more trance than it was disco.

Also check out the extended version of Kate Bush’s Running up that hill, I thought it was a remix when I first heard it. I couldn’t believe it when I found out it’s an original version from 84 or 86 the version we all know is in fact the radio edit.

edit on 3-11-2019 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The first trance track originated over a thousand millennia ago, when the band "Stomp Foot, hunt now" held a gig for the first time, in front of a camp fire. They reminisced about the days toiling, where a buffalo was killed, and grain was harvested, and to thank the universe and spirits for allowing them one more night under clear skies, and with smoke emanating from the fire place with those funny 5 pointed leaves and very sticky flowers that burnt so succulent, said... "oi, you lot. get a load of this!" and chanted "hum na hum hum hum na hum hum, drop bang drop bang, rustling leaves, croaking trees".. It was their first single. Was a classic for about 130 thousand years.

I'd prove it, but ... You know it's true.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the info guys it turns out that 1987 track was actually from 1996. According to discogs it was apparently released in 87

www.discogs.com...

but other sources says 1996 so It seems there was probably a mistake with the labeling.

My apologies.

edit on 3-11-2019 by HouseMusic4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Ohhhhh you meant modern trance..

Well then.. my bad.. Oo

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I mean how many replies and not a single mention of Kraftwerk

really, I mean REALLY

No seriously I MEAN REALLY, just WTF!!!!

Have at this mein Freund

new topics

top topics

join