It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a mess on a napkin

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I had not even considered that outcome Dawn.

Interesting times.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
I do not like it period but to be more middle ground I think once second trimester hits no abortions. Why does a woman have to wait until a full human form has taken place. I know I will get all these damn excuses that a woman does not know sometimes. When periods stop good chance your pregnant if there was previous copulation.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Oh please excuse my technicality. What stab it while in the canal. Late term abortion is BS. My wife is a physician and there may be only one real reason a mothers life is in danger and that has changed with modern medicine. As Gyphon66 so corrected me, keep on giving your sacrifices to Moloch, Lucifers demon representative.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

The NY law only brings the out of date law up to date and in compliance with federal laws and supreme court decisions. Your stab it while it's in the birth canal kind of sounds like you are describing a partial birth abortion. The federal govt has banned those quite awhile back.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Your stab it while it's in the birth canal kind of sounds like you are describing a partial birth abortion. The federal govt has banned those quite awhile back.

18 USC § 1531(b):

(1) the term “partial-birth abortion” means an abortion in which the person performing the abortion—
    (A) deliberately and intentionally vaginally delivers a living fetus until, in the case of a head-first presentation, the entire fetal head is outside the body of the mother, or, in the case of breech presentation, any part of the fetal trunk past the navel is outside the body of the mother, for the purpose of performing an overt act that the person knows will kill the partially delivered living fetus; and

(B) performs the overt act, other than completion of delivery, that kills the partially delivered living fetus; and
(2) the term “physician” means a doctor of medicine or osteopathy legally authorized to practice medicine and surgery by the State in which the doctor performs such activity, or any other individual legally authorized by the State to perform abortions: Provided, however, That any individual who is not a physician or not otherwise legally authorized by the State to perform abortions, but who nevertheless directly performs a partial-birth abortion, shall be subject to the provisions of this section.

The typical procedure used today is to deliver the child feet-first (breach) as far as possible within the law, in other words, up to but just shy of the navel, then insert a pair of clippers and snip the head off. An injection may be used when the baby first clears the cervix that will soften the bones so it can be beheaded easier.

This is a variation on "Intact Dilation and Extraction" (the actual medical term... "partial birth" is not a term recognized by the AMA). The variation is that the head is removed during the process to comply with the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003, linked and excerpted above as codified in 18 USC § 1531.

That procedure is legal.

TheRedneck

edit on 11/7/2019 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

No it isn't. Not on a living fetus.

From you link:

Intact D&E of a fetus with a heartbeat was outlawed in most cases by the 2003

And

Feticidal injection of digoxin or potassium chloride may be administered at the beginning of the procedure to allow for softening of the fetal bones or to comply with relevant laws in the physician's jurisdiction and the U.S. federal Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act . Umbilical cord transection can also be used to induce fetal demise during the procedure.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The heart stops beating after decapitation.

Softer bones cut easier.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

No, they dont begin the procedure until there is no heartbeat.
And, abortions that late in the pregnancy is still restricted in NY to risk to the health or life of the mother, fatal fetal abnormalities, and incest or rape, if my memory is serving me right.
So suppose you tell me just one of these groups you disagree with?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

We are not talking about a viable and healthy baby here.

99.999% of all cases of D&E, fetal demise is achieved before evacuation begins. In the rare case that a woman goes into labor before the feticidal injection can happen or take effect, I suppose an empathetic physician may choose that method rather than allow a newborn infant to suffer hours, perhaps days, of agonizing pain before certain death.

edit on 7-11-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

No, they dont begin the procedure until there is no heartbeat.

I find it very ironic that the person who is supposed to go sit in the corner and keep his opinions to himself is stating facts and the one who told him to go sit in the corner is spouting lies.

In New York, health of the mother is defined as inclusive of mental health. That means any woman who is depressed during later pregnancy (which happens to almost all pregnant women) can have an abortion on those grounds.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

We are not talking about a viable and healthy baby here.

I am.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

As per supreme court ruling! But. I really think it would have to involve more than just a mild depression to convince two doctors to take such an extreme measure.
The state of ny has been known to force an abortion onto a women against her will because of the medications she was on.
edit on 7-11-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I am.

Then you don't know what you're talking about.

Viable fetuses aren't aborted because a woman changed her mind.

n New York, health of the mother is defined as inclusive of mental health. That means any woman who is depressed during later pregnancy (which happens to almost all pregnant women) can have an abortion on those grounds.

No it doesn't. It takes into consideration age, rape, incest and dire fetal anomalies, and how those circumstances affect the mental health of the mother.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I really think it would have to involve more than just a mild depression to convince two doctors to take such an extreme measure.

Not that extreme, is it? I mean, it's just a "mess on a napkin," right?

The state of ny has been known to force an abortion onto a women against her will because of the medications she was on.

So now the state is forcing abortions... nice. You must be proud.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Viable fetuses aren't aborted because a woman changed her mind.

Prove it.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

No, you prove your assertion, that doctors are giving healthy women, with healthy viable fetus, abortions because they're depressed.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Can't prove it eh?

Thought not.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Mentally ill people sometimes become wards of the state, and because of their mental illness, they arent seen as being capable of making sound decisions.
I knew this women personally, I still dont know how I feel about what was done. But, of course, you missed the main point... which was that the medication she was being given was not healthy for the developing baby, and most likely the baby would not have survived.

You saying that being a tad bit depressed would qualify them is like saying coming down with the common cold would!

And like I said, it's a supreme court decision, ny just updated their outdated laws to meet the standards of federal law. The outdated laws wouldn't be enforceable anyways.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You make outrageously wild accusations about women and their doctors, gleefully looking for excuses to mutilate and kill healthy viable fetuses at the 11 hour of a pregnancy, because the mother is feeling depressed. And then you want me to prove to you that doctors, hospital aren't going to okay it, and insurance companies aren't going to cover it. I can't prove a negative. I can't prove to you that your projected fantasies of evil are realities.

I can only tell you that qualified doctors know the difference between mental health issues and a pregnant woman having an hormonic episode of depression.

And you think we all should empathize with your feelz?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

And. Like I already said...
I've had three kids....
Seen the mess myself, the blood, the afterbirth, ect..
No one in their right mind would think that the congresswomen was talking about a later term miscarriage!! She was talking about early term..

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join