It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a mess on a napkin

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

No, you cant murder a child at birth. Sit down and read the actual law instead of relying on what others are saying about it!!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
a reply to: EnigmaChaser
I AGREE 100%!!!! My daughter went through three miscarriages the third of which died at 5 months in-utero. She cried for months. The fetus had to be removed only after checking for a heartbeat 3 times. My daughter has foot prints of what was to be her first child hanging on her wall to this day. But with modern medicine IVF has given us IDENTICAL TWINS!!
What a gift from GOD!!! My first grandchildren!! For those that think abortion is ok you are only giving LUCIFER his sacrifices. Stop this senseless slaughter!!!!!

Progressives get more upset over killing an animal for food. In New York it is now illegal to declaw a cat but you can MURDER a child at the moment of birth. Sicko's!!!!!

Technically, children were historically sacrificed to Moloch not Lucifer. (Lucifer is a mostly Roman invention, Moloch is Canaanite).

So, for you Ansuzrune (and may I say how proud Odin must be of you) does personhood start at conception? And are there any situations in which you believe that an abortion is acceptable?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Gryphon66

The first thing the authors of this law should do is find out exactly a fetus is!! A fertilized egg is not a fetus, that small little collection of cells that embeded itself in a fallopian tube isnt a fetus. Theres several stages between fertilized egg and fetus.
If nothing else, they should rename the danged law!! And, if you listen long enough to the lawmakers it becomes appearant that alot of them are trying to regulate something that they dont have even a high school level of understanding about.
The law also, I believe, says that the placenta, umbilical cord can, or must be included in the cremation? That must be because someone with some brains pointed out to them just how hard it would be to fish out the little tykes in very early stages of pregnancy. But, if the are including the other stuff, they are cremating garbage along with the developing baby.

Medical science doesn’t matter to most of these activists Dawnstar, because it’s not about actually honoring life, it’s about control, and imposing their beliefs on others.

You keep thinking about this logically, and they’re not logical. The language used about women as if they are breeding stock. Property.

I hope that our technology, somehow, survives the current plunge into superstition and barbarity so that in time we could carefully extract the zygote or embryo or fetus and create an environment for it to mature in. I look forward to a time when our command of genetics is such that we can predict much earlier than now tragic crippling malformations. I hope the technology to prevent pregnancy continues to develop so that it becomes easier, more reliable and more affordable.

And of course, I hope that we as a society learn to open our hearts and learn to take care of the kids who are already here.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Hmmm? Did you say something?

I'm sorry, I can't seem to read your posts... or maybe it's because I just don't give a damn what you say anymore because you think I shouldn't have an opinion.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Cremation, unsurprisingly, has been totally misrepresented by the activists here. Cremation has multiple legal requirements that simple incineration does not.

I know you can read...

Cremation is the act of incinerating organic tissue. Period..

Your link is an overview with no specific section pointed out. Maybe you could point us to the exact regulation that says cremation, including simultaneous cremation, must take place at a funeral home? Because that's what your source is talking about. I have never heard of a funeral home performing simultaneous cremation.

Or would you rather argue over whether the remains are human, or organic for that matter? It would make as much sense as anything else you have posted here.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Hmmm.. seems you have been having problems reading my posts for awhile...

I didnt say you couldn't have an opinion... I said men should just leave the writing of abortion laws to the doctors and women.. since some of them seem to think that an ectopic pregnancy can be treated by just transplanting the little tyke into the uterus. Others just cant see why there would be a problem with 12 year olds being forced to carry a pregnancy to term. And now.. that a fertilized egg is a fetus!!

But, ignore my posts if you wish.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

In my experience, these rabid activists just ignore what they can’t deny, especially when it’s the obvious truth. You can quote the results of multiple clinical studies and they quote the Bible; you can quote the specific laws that prove their assertions are pure feculence, and they quote the dictionary to you. LOL. It’s pathetic.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I just did a search on simutaneous cremations. The first result that showed up was a petition by a couple who had lost a set of twins. They wanted to cremate them together and without getting into the reasons given since I dont understand them i guess it would have been too complicated to separate them. They were told that they couldn't cremate them together in the state that they were in. I could go search more, but I am pretty sure that every state is probably the same. To me. They should have just let them cremate the two together. But, it all those unborn humans are persons, should the laws treat all the persons the same?
edit on 5-11-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I didnt say you couldn't have an opinion... I said men should just leave the writing of abortion laws to the doctors and women..

Oh, so I get to have an opinion, just keep it to myself? Men should be seen and not heard, right?

Wrong, lady. I happen to be a citizen too, but if you want to play by those rules, we will play by those rules. One of us will win and the other will lose absolutely. No quarter, no surrender. When Roe v. Wade is overturned and you're crying about how unfair it is, tough. I will not care. These are the rules YOU chose, not me, and rest assured... I do not stop. I will continue to press for an overturn of Roe v. Wade and support right to life with every fiber of my being until they scatter my ashes over the dirt! While you're posting on an internet forum, I am writing Congressmen, e-mailing Congressmen, calling Congressmen, lobbying for Congressmen, and donating everything I can to pro-life organizations. All because people like you want me to shut up and go away.

Wanna know whats worse? I've been at it for several years now... better hurry! I got a head start.

And I am not ignoring your posts... I'm laughing at them. You've already lost and don't even know it.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

If you would look farther, you would find out that several states have laws against simultaneous cremation. They actually do require a funeral home type setting for disposal. North Carolina does... I think Ohio as well.

But nevermind that... sorry to interrupt you with facts... please, continue with your screaming at the moon.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Glad to hear your wasting so much of your time.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You can quote the results of multiple clinical studies and they quote the Bible;

I have not said one word about the Bible. In my experience, it is the pro-baby-killers that bring that up first. Like you just did.

you can quote the specific laws that prove their assertions are pure feculence, and they quote the dictionary to you.

You consider the dictionary as a work of fiction? Well, that explains a lot.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The only one that is coming close to screaming at the moon is you..

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Speaking of looking at this from an actual religious view-point, I did a little reading this morning and guess what I discovered regarding when life begins in different traditions?

Christians vary, but most believe life begins at conception, and abortion is usually wrong but not always if there is “compelling reason” in some of the more liberal churches.

Jews have three stages ... The soul comes to earth at conception, then there’s a period where it is judged to be alive but “a watery mass” but the fetus only becomes a person when it is actually born and is only a legal person after it survives for 30 days.

Muslims seem to have the most reasonable position of all the People of the Book ... Islamic scholars have said that there are legitimate reasons for having an abortion, but the earlier the better. Life for them begins at conception as well.

Buddhists recommend the individual woman be clear about why they want or need to have an abortion In other words, it has to be the lady’s choice.

Hindus believe the soul incarnates at a very early time ... and the scriptures prohibit abortion ... but the procedure is legal in India.

Bahai believe that life begins at conception, but that abortion is a decision to be made within the family and with medical professionals.

Sikhs believe life begins at conception and that killing is always wrong ... and yet, they still have abortions.

Wiccans and pagans seem to exhibit the whole range of beliefs, that abortion is wrong, but sometimes understandable, more importantly (I guess I’m still a little pagan) most believe that whatever the choice it’s none of the government’s damned business, LOL.

Satanists are pretty radically pro-choice in most cases, a woman’s body is inviolate and the choice is hers alone.

Interesting, no?

ETA: I read a multitude of sources while reading about this issue this morning. A reasonable citation would be to enter “Religious positions on abortion” into Google.
edit on 5-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I just think that crap happens and when the crap hits the fan sometimes the best choice is the one that does the least overall damage. Its senseless to discuss when in pregnancy live begins if we cant see enough value in the actual living beings among us now to know we shouldn't be blowing villages full of kids to hell and back.
Christian's believe that life begins at conception, but then why does the bible say that if a man thinks his wife has been unfaithful, the priest will give her a concoction that will cause an abortion if she was? That's like saying either the bastard child has no worth or that dad can decide the fate a the unborn and just claim his made up suspicions if he thinks he has enough little ones already.
The idea that bastards are worth less played predominately in screwing up many of kids life through the ages and I think that it being women who have the power to control her reproduction that is what is bugging so many.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

My grandma used to say “Keep your bowels clean and serve the Lord.” LOL.

“Do the least harm.” Yeah, that’s pretty powerful. I might add “mind your own business” to the beginning.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I also have my own beliefs.. to me, the vessel isnt as important as the life force that enters into it. Maybe, if that vessel is broken before birth, the life force just ventures out and finds another vessel. And, if you were that life force, would you want to be trapped in a vessal so damaged that you would spend your lifetime unable to interact with the world or would you rather just have the opportunity to find another vessal that offers more opportunity.

When it comes to religion and spiritual matters I just dont think we are as smart as we think we are.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It wasn’t kind to say that, but all things considered, nothing is above being made into a joke. Nothing.

It’s my choice to be offended by another’s words or actions- regardless if the intent to offend exists or not.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I can’t help with any of that except to say ... cool.

To me, it’s simple. I have nothing against the zygote, embryo, fetus, unborn, pre-born or reborn. It’s not ever going to be an issue in my life. HOWEVER, if the autocrats get their way here, they’ll move on to the others on their list.

If there is any hope for our species we have to stop being ruled by superstition and emotion. IMO

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

It looks like the va state legislator just went blue!!
The ERA is finally gonna get the states needed to ratify it. Took over 40 years, really much longer than that, but, it might make any push to embed constitutional rights to fertilized eggs into the constitution much more interesting if its accompanied with a push to resurrect the ERA by extending the timeframe to allow it to pass now.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join